PDA

View Full Version : 4 steps

Mr_Sam_
04-18-2011, 05:02 PM
1.shoot a portal on a table

2.shoot one on a wall

3.throw table in wall

4.get mind ♥♥♥♥ed

We know this isn;t possible because you cant shoot portals on objects which are able to move or something :confused:

wits
04-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Not in Portal, but I believe you could move portals in Narbacular Drop.

RabidJellyfish
04-18-2011, 05:04 PM
This, my friend, is how duplication works.

... Or, well. How it WOULD work.

Spritzzup
04-18-2011, 05:05 PM
1. Shoot Portal on a board.
2. Tie board onto back.
3. Shoot second Portal on wall.
4. Walk through wall.

Fullmetal691
04-18-2011, 05:05 PM
4 steps

step 1: crawl inside
step 2 the screws go tight...... OHHHH Wrong game.

Enustik
04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
This, my friend, is how duplication works.

... Or, well. How it WOULD work.

The instant you put even one atom through the wall portal it would duplicate infinitely and the universe would probably explode or something.

SparkChris
04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
1.) Go to Aperture Labs.
2.) "Test" a relaxation vault.
3.) Wake up.
4.) Games. :)

I remember seeing a Youtube video of this.

Nuula
04-18-2011, 05:08 PM
-snip-

Mitch_1.05
04-18-2011, 05:09 PM
1. shoot portal in mouth
2. shoot portal at cake
3. choke on cake
4. wake up in a dark box...

Mitch_1.05
04-18-2011, 05:11 PM
1. shoot portal at wall
2. shoot portal at parallel wall
3. P*** D**** P****
4. *************************

what do you think 3-4 is

Bluegobln
04-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Physically, a portal moving through another portal should simply invert - meaning it becomes a mirror of itself.

The portal on the wall through which the object with another portal passed would remain, the portal passing through would exit outside the "event horizon" of the wall portal, and the result would be an inverted "mirror" portal simply passing back out of the wall portal. Do you see?

Now... what happens when you pass through THAT portal I am not entirely sure. My brain hurts just coming up with the first answer. I GUESS that you would invert, becoming a mirror image of yourself as if you were on the other side of a mirror (this is something fantasy has done on occasion so I suppose its not too hard to imagine).

What really would have happened is the portal which passed through would have flipped the universe from the perspective of outside observers (outside the universe), and those passing through aught to see the world as normal...

I'm kinda done... :D

AstralLunar
You'll have to lean it against the wall.

AaronClover
Lock this ♥♥♥♥. That's how you divide physics by zero.

RabidJellyfish
1. Shoot Portal on a board.
2. Tie board onto back.
3. Shoot second Portal on wall.
4. Walk through wall.

Lmao you'd come out your back... but then at the same time you'd go back into your back. So you'd run into yourself infintely :confused:

ironsniper13
04-18-2011, 05:16 PM
1.shoot a portal on a table

2.shoot one on a wall

3.throw table in wall

4.get mind ♥♥♥♥ed

We know this isn;t possible because you cant shoot portals on objects which are able to move or something :confused:

i'm sorry but this is as old as portal 1 U.U

vandoo99999
04-18-2011, 05:17 PM
1. Shoot portal on floor
2. Shoot portal on door
3. Open the door
4. Get on the floor
5. Everybody walk the dinosaur

Claybay1
04-18-2011, 05:19 PM
I remember a thread a long time ago asking very much the same questions.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1185595
And an answer:
http://i.imgur.com/e8QFk.gif

Mr_Sam_
04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Physically, a portal moving through another portal should simply invert - meaning it becomes a mirror of itself.

The portal on the wall through which the object with another portal passed would remain, the portal passing through would exit outside the "event horizon" of the wall portal, and the result would be an inverted "mirror" portal simply passing back out of the wall portal. Do you see?

Now... what happens when you pass through THAT portal I am not entirely sure. My brain hurts just coming up with the first answer. I GUESS that you would invert, becoming a mirror image of yourself as if you were on the other side of a mirror (this is something fantasy has done on occasion so I suppose its not too hard to imagine).

What really would have happened is the portal which passed through would have flipped the universe from the perspective of outside observers (outside the universe), and those passing through aught to see the world as normal...

I'm kinda done... :D

Rofl sry but i cant understand the whole context because im not english pro :D

Bluegobln
04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Basically what I meant was, the portal if able to pass through its cousin unconstrained by itself, would invert. Think of it like a wormhole as a sock, you turn the sock inside out and now the world is INSIDE the sock, and the "tunnel" exists outside. The effect of passing through this "tunnel" is inverted, the world now exists between the two portals rather than outside them, meaning the world is now a mirror.

To a normal observer, you would notice no difference because to you the world is identical (but flipped in all ways). Your right hand would actually be your left, but to you, that has ALWAYS been your RIGHT! Up is now down, but that is because up has ALWAYS felt like that.

Alternatively I suppose the portals themselves would be all that mirror like this - but that's too simple and no fun. :|

The only difference is to someone observing from another place - outside the universe. Anyone unaffected by this "mirror" effect would see it as rather silly. What is, after all, the difference?

Ultimately, successfully putting a portal through another portal, or what is technically itself... will observably do absolutely NOTHING. No noticeable impact on anything at all...

Mr_Sam_
04-18-2011, 06:23 PM
the fuc k