PDA

View Full Version : Saved Games

Munra
04-19-2011, 06:18 PM
With PS3 saved games on the steam cloud can you access them on the pc?

MeStinkBAD
04-19-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't think so... I haven't... achievements/trophies are interchangeable.

rocker25
04-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Probably. And I see they've actually made a board, and I was not the first to post in it. Well played, good sir. However, I still hold that title for the Left 4 Dead 2 forums.

jon_infektion
04-20-2011, 12:31 AM
With the cloud I believe this can be done.

Sinistar
04-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Nope can't be done
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5477-WPJM-9388#ps3cloud

Game saves and progress from a PlayStation®3 are incompatible with other platforms (i.e. Windows or Mac). Steam Cloud data from a PlayStation®3 can only be used with another PlayStation®3 logged in to the same PSN ID.

Save files stored on Steam Cloud for your PSN ID will not interfere with Steam Cloud save files stored for your Windows or OSX computer.

Kind of a bummer, though I heard Sony wanted it this way, so that users would have to earn their PSN trophies and progress on PS3 and not another platform.

Munra
04-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Probably. And I see they've actually made a board, and I was not the first to post in it. Well played, good sir. However, I still hold that title for the Left 4 Dead 2 forums.

Sorry bro I was waiting for them to add one

well I guess I really wasted the extra money on the ps3 version. I was really assuming you could take your saved games from one to the other. I mean isn't that why its called a cloud?

skyhighatrist
04-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Just be happy that you'll get free content and fast updates.

Munra
04-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Just be happy that you'll get free content and fast updates.

You assuming I am complaining? I still got the ps3 so I can take to a friends house to play.

Portal 2 is great for the ps3 I actually choose to play the ps3 cause at my short visit to valve I got to play test portal 2 on the PS3.

I am very familiar on how steam/valve operates been happy with every game so far. (Not real happy with l4d2 but that's another discussion and yes i bought it but I didn't join an sell more copies boycott group)