PDA

View Full Version : [If you have beaten the single player] What were your favorite parts? [SPOILERS]

Macedragon37
04-20-2011, 06:57 AM
When Glados turned into a potato. I had to say, that was hilarious.

Running through the whole Cave Johnson part of the game, with all the tests that were in large metal spheres. I thought that was pretty cool. Lots of uses for the gels.

Oh, and the epic music that came on when entering speed gel and flying through the air.

Oh, and Cave's speech on lemons with Glados' cheering. I couldn't stop laughing.

Yeah...this game was amazing. I'll write my own little review soon enough.

GLaDOS: "This is the part where he kills you"
Wheatley "This is the part where I kill you"
CHAPTER 9: THE PART WHERE HE KILLS YOU
Achievement Unlocked! The Part Where He Kills You

It was amazing. The sheer redundancy of the moment was awesome.

My favourite has to be, can't remember exactly when it happened, but the announcer guy says "Warning : Core meltdown imminent" or something along those lines, and Wheatley just suddenly cuts him off and yells "SHUT UP!!!"

I choked on my dinner at that part :P

Poor Wheatley. And he even regretted everything that he did at the end of the-

"I'm in space."

*Clap Clap*

Oh my slow clapping processor still works.

You just put the biggest moron ever in charge of the whole facility. well done.

*clap clap*

Plenty lols were had.

Oh GLaDOS...that whole falling thing was just so well played.

sM4llziE
04-20-2011, 06:58 AM
SPOILER!

The Part Where GLaDOS says:

How you holding up, because I'M A POTATO!

MozillaCarlos
04-20-2011, 06:59 AM
One of my favorite parts was the ending, when wheatley was saying how sorry he was and that corrupted sphere kept going around saying, "I'm in space" really fast, that just kept making me laugh :D

stoicfaux
04-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Speaking of the Cave Johnson levels, seeing the older model buttons and weighted storage cubes was a nice touch.

Guyute
04-20-2011, 07:00 AM
I have to say that falling down the bottomless pit with potato-Glados was hilarious... especially with the awkward silence. :D

There were to many great moments to list...

Macedragon37
SPOILER!

The Part Where GLaDOS says:

How you holding up, because I'M A POTATO!

Falling through the pipe, yeah.

I thought that was an amazing transition, because in that space of time, you (and Chell) still feel animosity towards GLaDOS, but now...she's a potato.

Falling through that giant pipe, staring at her powerless potato self, you slowly realize how formidable she isn't.

I thought that was done really well.

Timerider42
The vastness of old Aperture (it's fricken huge!) and the epic music there that made it seem even more massive.

rebmcr
04-20-2011, 07:08 AM

GMOSinc
04-20-2011, 07:08 AM
A... L... L... of it, dang it! Really, there's no one moment to pick.

thegazelle6
04-20-2011, 07:12 AM
My favourite has to be, can't remember exactly when it happened, but the announcer guy says "Warning : Core meltdown imminent" or something along those lines, and Wheatley just suddenly cuts him off and yells "SHUT UP!!!"

I choked on my dinner at that part :P

chuck981996
04-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Definitely Potato GLaDOS. Every time she spoke, I laughed.

"THERE'S THE BIRD!! AAHHHHH! KILL IT! KILL IT! it's eeevvvil."
"What's wrong with orphans? I have lots of friends who are orphans. *For the record, you really ARE an orphan, and that's terrible, but just go along with it.*"
"Yeeeeahhh! BURN THE LEMONS!!! Ooooh, I like this guy."

:D :D :D

Sir Vyval
04-20-2011, 07:18 AM
I like the very end, where you look back at the shack (secret Aperture Science entrance) and GLaDOS throws a burned Companion Cube out.

I <3 You, GLaDOS

TheNimbus
04-20-2011, 07:19 AM
One of the funniest parts that most people are forgetting are the defective turrets being rejected and their dialogue. OH GOD, their voices and the silly things they said were brilliant. I couldn't get that past that point, I kept laughing so hard.

Announcer: Template
Template: Hello
Announcer: Turret
Turret: Hello
Announcer: Template
Template: Hello
Announcer: Turret
Defective Turret: Howdy, how ya doin? *gets flung into incinerator* Hey! I'm not defective! AH! :D

chuck981996
04-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Definitely Potato GLaDOS. Every time she spoke, I laughed.

"THERE'S THE BIRD!! AAHHHHH! KILL IT! KILL IT! it's eeevvvil."
"What's wrong with orphans? I have lots of friends who are orphans. *For the record, you really ARE an orphan, and that's terrible, but just go along with it.*"
"Yeeeeahhh! BURN THE LEMONS!!! Ooooh, I like this guy."

:D :D :D

Macedragon37
04-20-2011, 07:25 AM
One of the funniest parts that most people are forgetting are the defective turrets being rejected and their dialogue. OH GOD, their voices and the silly things they said were brilliant. I couldn't get that past that point, I kept laughing so hard.

I must completely agree!

I literally just sat at the window watching them, listening to every second of dialog. I thought it was hilarious personally. I actually forgot that I was supposed to be finding a way out, so I just sat there and listened to the poor things as they realized they were all out of bullets.

Mouseraider
04-20-2011, 07:26 AM
I think the part where I laughed the most was when Wheatley asked you to jump down the stair right after GLaDOS' room (I refused to jump at first, atleast untill he had nothing more to say)

Fr0s7y
04-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Easily the whole "Old Aperture" area with Cave Johnson's automated recordings. Highlight of the game for me.

Goten16780
04-20-2011, 07:28 AM
The part where you as supposed to get your surprise the first time.

Glados: Surprise! I made it all up.

DarkLite123
04-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Did anyone notice that the "there's a hole in the sky, through which I can fly" line from the ARG turned out to be very important? ;)

Macedragon37
04-20-2011, 07:30 AM
The part where you as supposed to get your surprise the first time.

Glados: Surprise! I made it all up.

I was actually disappointed.

I was like...where are my parents...:(

Goten16780
04-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Another great line I laughed at:

"Warning, Deadly Neurotoxin levels at dangerously unlethal levels"

rebmcr
04-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Did anyone notice that the "there's a hole in the sky, through which I can fly" line from the ARG turned out to be very important? ;)

That goes all the way back to the Orange Box teaser.

themarcuslove
04-20-2011, 07:49 AM

Conversely, when you switch templates and the good portals go flying through the air.

Wait!?! Whhhhhyyyy.....

I spent a good ten minutes just listening to them.

Deamos
04-20-2011, 07:54 AM

Yes.. THIS! I loved this part.

Hanse00
04-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Conversely, when you switch templates and the good portals go flying through the air.

Wait!?! Whhhhhyyyy.....

I spent a good ten minutes just listening to them.

Really? portals?

Cryoshell
04-20-2011, 08:01 AM
SPAAAAAAAACE!!!

Also, the combustible lemons. I had to re-read the caption of that to check that I hadn't gone mad.

itkbiney
04-20-2011, 08:04 AM
My favorite part in terms of gameplay was probably the old Aperture Science trip, either that or the very late puzzles that were laid out for you by Wheatley, they were pretty mindbending, loved it.

fi_coldblood
04-20-2011, 08:31 AM
When Wheatley told me to jump and I would see my parents.... But there was only an achievement :(:(

Lawliet89
04-20-2011, 08:38 AM

I loved this part as well. Oh and the parts in Act 1 when Glados constantly belittles Chell. It was pure gold.

Reebdoog
04-20-2011, 08:42 AM
I must completely agree!

I literally just sat at the window watching them, listening to every second of dialog. I thought it was hilarious personally. I actually forgot that I was supposed to be finding a way out, so I just sat there and listened to the poor things as they realized they were all out of bullets.

Hehe, I loved this part, and where the bad turrets were rejected. They had some great lines.

clocksstoppe
04-20-2011, 08:46 AM
For some weird reason Glados always says you are fat, even in the end song :O

Also loved the devs: Glados is now called Potatos.

Mad Dog
04-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Every line from Corrupted Core 1
"So much space, need to see it all"
The 3 corrupted cores crack me up :)

gatherto
04-20-2011, 08:49 AM
I like the very end, where you look back at the shack (secret Aperture Science entrance) and GLaDOS throws a burned Companion Cube out.

I <3 You, GLaDOS

not just *a* burned companion cube

the one you incinerated in the first game

it's the little details that i love

IceSage
04-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I must say... my favorite part of the game was Cave Johnson's rambling about lemons, and how he plans on using the lemons to burn down houses.

DasOtto
04-20-2011, 08:55 AM
*Clap Clap*

Oh my slow clapping processor still works.

You just put the biggest moron ever in charge of the whole facility. well done.

*clap clap*

Plenty lols were had.

Macedragon37
04-20-2011, 08:55 AM
not just *a* burned companion cube

the one you incinerated in the first game

it's the little details that i love

I had a feeling that's who it was <3

mitsuhiko
04-20-2011, 08:56 AM
I just loved the time traveling aspect of diving into the history of aperture. Everything was spot on.

Heegu
04-20-2011, 08:57 AM
The defective turret ambush.

We're back! Howdy stranger!

It's like, oh crap, while Wheatly is a moron this obvious trap could still be lethal- not. It's just the timing that's perfect here.

Artur Pirozhkov
04-20-2011, 09:02 AM
My best moment with crusher. Holmes versus Moriarty, Archimedes versus CRUSHER. That's was funny. Did that thing 3 times. Easy to die there. =]

ozku
04-20-2011, 09:03 AM
The part where weathley gives you an option to jump in the crusher, if you jump in he says "Oh I didn't think that would work"

The3rdPoliceman
04-20-2011, 09:09 AM

I actually let go of the mouse and keyboard, and just sat there listening to everything they had to say. My favorite one was the "put me in coach!" turret.

I'd also say the part where wheatley tries to hack the computer.

On a side note, remember the part where wheatley makes you do the same test twice. Solve it on the first try and on the second, just stand there doing nothing. He totally gets frustrated. "Comon, you just solved it! You literally solved it 20 seconds ago, solllllve it!

murdermajig
04-20-2011, 09:19 AM
I forget because it was early in the game, GLaDOS was talking something about noises/train, then you hear a train horn. That had me burst out laughing

Blobulator
04-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Another great line I laughed at:

"Warning, Deadly Neurotoxin levels at dangerously unlethal levels"

Ahaha this. The neutral announcer voice had some quite amusing lines. Even at the end with Wheatly when he was just like "What do you think?" in regards to the core transfer.

Announcer: "Interpreting your vague reply as a yes."

(Probably misquoting things but oh well.) Also GLaDOS' constant referencing of the deer. "Maybe I'll let you go up to the break room, and let you listen to me talk about when I saw a deer. Again."

And going off that, the initial escape sequence. Wheatly just popped out of nowhere and we were off and it was so damn exhilirating. The 'Good Listener' achievement only made the moment more awesome. All that running and then suddenly abandoning Wheatly for a heart on the wall and the promise of a deer through a door showing some plantlife - only to be neurotoxin'd. I knew it wouldn't end well and that I was meant to follow Wheatly but that moment was still hilarious regardless.

One last thing, when the companion cube was just thrown out of the shed door in the last few seconds to keep your now-free self company. I loved how she only referenced it like once early in the campaign and left it, and then brought it back in the end. Nice way to bring it full circle and warrant a chuckle without overusing an old meme. (On top of that, was very impressed that only one throwaway reference to a 'cake dispensary' was made and that was it. Was quite over the cake.)

P.S. GLaDOS-tato and combustable lemons ftw.

ForestNUT92
04-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Best part when Wheatley break the glass door... lol epic

Macedragon37
04-21-2011, 07:22 AM
The part where weathley gives you an option to jump in the crusher, if you jump in he says "Oh I didn't think that would work"

Woah, there was something like that? I can't even remember...oh well. I'm sure I'll catch it on the second playthrough :)

themarcuslove
04-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Really? portals?

Someones not thinking with portals....

Skcus_Rafez
04-21-2011, 09:19 AM
"Is everyone blind or is it just me? Oh, okay then."

HotLunch4You
04-26-2011, 06:50 AM
I loved when you portaled to hit the two buttons underground to open that first, huge hatch, only to find a small ordinary door behind it. Cracked me up. :D

Macedragon37
04-26-2011, 06:51 AM
I loved when you portaled to hit the two buttons underground to open that first, huge hatch, only to find a small ordinary door behind it. Cracked me up. :D

Haha, wow I only now realize how odd that is. I guess they want to keep out any goo that might seep through.

Wow. That is pretty odd actually.

mariomaster
04-26-2011, 07:20 AM
THE BIGGEST DOOR IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY!!! (listen to developer commentary on chapter 6)

and the rat man dens were both amazing and one of my biggest disappointments. the ones that were there made me feel like i wasn't alone, that i had a friend helping me (getting the blue portal device in what i think of as a shrine with hose drawings and that music playing.

and almost every voice in the game was funny

i also loled lots at the ANIMAL KING TAKEOVER service announcement. the post apocalypse messages were as great as glados, cave and wheatly

Ethan_Macmanus
04-26-2011, 07:22 AM

"oh so we're ALL supposed to be blind then? Not just me? okay!"

KleyMEN
04-26-2011, 07:23 AM
[clap] [clap] [clap]

That is all.

Macedragon37
04-26-2011, 07:25 AM
"oh so we're ALL supposed to be blind then? Not just me? okay!"

"It's my big chance!"

"Well, can't win em all."

"I'm not defective!"

"Put me in, coach!"

HotLunch4You
04-26-2011, 07:27 AM
I forget because it was early in the game, GLaDOS was talking something about noises/train, then you hear a train horn. That had me burst out laughing

Yeah, something about people with guilty consciences being startled by loud noises abruptly interrupted by a train sound. Great! Lol

HotLunch4You
04-26-2011, 07:31 AM
Ahaha this. The neutral announcer voice had some quite amusing lines. Even at the end with Wheatly when he was just like "What do you think?" in regards to the core transfer.

Announcer: "Interpreting your vague reply as a yes."

(Probably misquoting things but oh well.) Also GLaDOS' constant referencing of the deer. "Maybe I'll let you go up to the break room, and let you listen to me talk about when I saw a deer. Again."

And going off that, the initial escape sequence. Wheatly just popped out of nowhere and we were off and it was so damn exhilirating. The 'Good Listener' achievement only made the moment more awesome. All that running and then suddenly abandoning Wheatly for a heart on the wall and the promise of a deer through a door showing some plantlife - only to be neurotoxin'd. I knew it wouldn't end well and that I was meant to follow Wheatly but that moment was still hilarious regardless.

One last thing, when the companion cube was just thrown out of the shed door in the last few seconds to keep your now-free self company. I loved how she only referenced it like once early in the campaign and left it, and then brought it back in the end. Nice way to bring it full circle and warrant a chuckle without overusing an old meme. (On top of that, was very impressed that only one throwaway reference to a 'cake dispensary' was made and that was it. Was quite over the cake.)

P.S. GLaDOS-tato and combustable lemons ftw.

Oh, c'mon. I was hoping to see Chell finally get some cake - or at least see a deer in the field. Lol;)

Zombie_GMan
04-26-2011, 07:31 AM
I thought it was going to be some sort of giant Aperture Science mutated monster. Instead I got a door.

Best door ever.
and the rat man dens were both amazing and one of my biggest disappointments. the ones that were there made me feel like i wasn't alone, that i had a friend helping me (getting the blue portal device in what i think of as a shrine with hose drawings and that music playing.

i also loled lots at the ANIMAL KING TAKEOVER service announcement. the post apocalypse messages were as great as glados, cave and wheatly

Rattman's dens were awesome. Especially the last one where you're able to hear his voice.

I laughed when I saw at the end that the Animal King turrent was real. Oh, Aperture. :p

I liked how the sentient turrents would quote Cave, but you wouldn't realize it until the end. "Get mad! Make lemonade!"

HotLunch4You
04-26-2011, 07:34 AM
"Look at you, soaring through the air, like an eagle......piloting a blimp."

Classic.