PDA

View Full Version : Just Achieved Smash TV

Aelexe
04-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Some of those monitors were a fair deal more challenging than the puzzles that's for sure, did feel great once I saw the bugger pop up.

Now I can finally sleep.

vanguardxx2
04-20-2011, 11:35 AM
For those of us just starting this achieve, can you or anyone else tell us what chapter and chamber this starts in?

I've attempted to break the monitors in the first test chamber where Wheatley is yelling at his new cube/turret combos are supposed to be testing for him. But it doesn't seem like theres a way to break that monitor, nor in the next test chamber. I'd like to know where it starts.

Thanks

loodmoney
04-20-2011, 11:55 AM
For those of us just starting this achieve, can you or anyone else tell us what chapter and chamber this starts in?

In Chapter 8, directly after the chambers you mention, 01. It starts in one that GLaDOS designed. Two hints: (1)these don't have to be done in a single run, and (2) turrets.

Good luck!

Aelexe
04-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Got a few PMs asking questions so I'll bump this up with a few spoiler tips.
You need to smash Wheatley's monitors in every room bar the initial one with his failed experiment.

You can use most objects in some way to break the monitors
Collision, lasers, turrets.
Collision - Look for ways to give objects or yourself enough speed to smash into the monitors.
Lasers - Point at monitor for a few seconds, bang.
Turrets - Can be used to destroy the monitors, but they must be active and placed facing the monitor, the challenge here is actually obtaining the turrets without knocking them over.

It's worth noting travelling in the blue stuff will deactivate them also.

If you still find yourself stuck, just chuck up a picture of the room and I'll give a rough explanation.

slimd1995
04-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I didn't think it was that hard. The co-op achievement about going through Course 4 without anyone dying is much harder.

Aelexe
04-20-2011, 11:22 PM
I didn't think it was that hard. The co-op achievement about going through Course 4 without anyone dying is much harder.

I found two of them sort of required some out of the box thinking, in comparison to what I was used to anyway.

Metallicopy
04-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Several of the moniters were more challenging to break than the tests were to complete, but hearing all of Wheatley's dialogue made it all worthwhile.

Darth Z
04-20-2011, 11:24 PM

Oh that's just trial and error. Me and a friend played through after we already beat Co-Op.

First try, he died in chamber 3. Second, I died in chamber 5. Third, he died in 8. Fourth, I died in 9. Fifth, we got it.

It's just about good communication, taking it slow, using the ping, and having a good system for each chamber. Also helps in the ones using hard light bridges, have one person always doing bridge blocking duty, and one always doing funnel duty.

slimd1995
04-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I found two of them sort of required some out of the box thinking, in comparison to what I was used to anyway.

I remember the first one where I needed to use a turret took me a while to figure out, but other than that I found it quite easy.

Aelexe
04-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I remember the first one where I needed to use a turret took me a while to figure out, but other than that I found it quite easy.

I think the one that particular stumped me was the one with the repulsion gel and the turrets? I was on the right track but actually executing a jump across the chasm and grabbing the turret was a bit tricky for me. Also took me years to actually come up with the idea. >.<

Darth Silver
04-20-2011, 11:33 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT.
Not in a single run?!?!?
You have made me a very happy man! :D :D :D