PDA

View Full Version : Worst DRM yet?

myth700
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
1 Activation limit says it all -.-

Nice fail there guys.... this would make me want to pirate the game and I have never pirated a game

n-Bit
04-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Why would anyone even buy a game that requires Games For Windows Live.
>_<

Dingo
04-20-2011, 03:30 PM
they removed the 1 machine Activation limit in the game details... maybe its changed to 15 like most GFWL games

Sifer2
04-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Reading it I believe what it means is you can only register the game to one GFWL user id. Which is pretty much how most DLC works on X-Box Live.

I assume this means you can still install on multiple computers but can only log on an play with the one user id.

VividNinjaScar
04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
This uses SSA keys which means you can install and activate it as much as you want on as many computers as you want, but it is tied to one ID. Other IDs can play, but they cannot go online.

There is no limited activations or machine limits.

Lemming Jesus
04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Games for Windows. Just lost my purchase. Enjoy the crappy matchmaking and lack of dedicated servers.

VividNinjaScar
04-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Hurr durr, GFWL supports dedicated servers and Section 8 Prejudice uses them.

Cristari
04-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Reading it I believe what it means is you can only register the game to one GFWL user id. Which is pretty much how most DLC works on X-Box Live.

I assume this means you can still install on multiple computers but can only log on an play with the one user id.

^ This

This uses SSA keys which means you can install and activate it as much as you want on as many computers as you want, but it is tied to one ID. Other IDs can play, but they cannot go online.

There is no limited activations or machine limits.

^ This

1 Activation limit says it all -.-

Nice fail there guys.... this would make me want to pirate the game and I have never pirated a game

^ Fail

Why would anyone even buy a game that requires Games For Windows Live.
>_<

^ Troll

As said it's a limit to the number of GfWL Accounts that can play the same copy of the game at the one time NOT A LIMIT ON INSTALLS.

If you want to Pirate games dude go ahead just prepare to be fined heavily for being so cheap as to not pay the people that worked hard bringing you this AAA Budget game, Good Job on being a moron!

And trolling every post with anti GfWL spam dude is just going to get you hated more and more!

Me2nice
04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Games for Windows. Just lost my purchase. Enjoy the crappy matchmaking and lack of dedicated servers.

-implying that Steam provides dedicated servers for all of the games they host.-

tunguska47
04-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Hurr durr, GFWL supports dedicated servers and Section 8 Prejudice uses them.

if that is true then it is still hacker paradise with no VAC or punk buster

happy trails:cool:

gossamer
04-21-2011, 04:39 AM

it's called server admins... VAC and punkbuster don't do anything either. Look at every valve game and look at BFBC2!

VividNinjaScar
04-21-2011, 07:22 AM

You are a sad man/woman.

You have obviously never heard of voting.

bogoff
04-21-2011, 05:59 PM
trollbait aside, i have a couple of GFWL games and it adds an annoying layer to the game you encounter once per session and the matchmaking seems a lil slow but it's not the end of the world - in real use over 2 pc's (and a couple of reinstalls) i have never encountered any activation issues, activation is fast and online features work.

bit sad to see all these 'OMG DRM LOL' threads when this one in specific provides only a mild inconvinience - i'd rather not have it but not a single whiner has mentioned a point worth considering and to use it for a justification of pirating is a tad juvenile (and i nocd most my games on install. for a game released download only and lives on your HD thats a different kettle of fish).

definitely getting this game, 9 seems a bargain but i'll probably wait for the inevitable summer sale. either way i perfer not to have another logon to manage (steam already has one, GFWL EA etc. i find annoying) but end of day steam is usually damn cheap and has good community/support/matchmaking so it's worth the inherent DRM, if i truly cared i would pirate a version that has no patch support or multiplayer or buy it for more retail and have to cope with just the games inbuilt activation.

tunguska47
04-22-2011, 06:32 AM
You are a sad man/woman.

You have obviously never heard of voting.

i have played games with vote kick u would be lucky if the vote does pass but even then the person can just keep coming back in

UltimateGrr
04-22-2011, 08:38 AM
i have played games with vote kick u would be lucky if the vote does pass but even then the person can just keep coming back in

Thats the funny thing, most servers are run by clans. If you post proof of an aimbot on their forums, they open up the dedicated server console, and enter then ban gamertag command.

Kidbanhammer
04-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Thats the funny thing, most servers are run by clans. If you post proof of an aimbot on their forums, they open up the dedicated server console, and enter then ban gamertag command.

Console gamers guys.

It's no good having a hacker running around for days and weeks. Get back to CoD son.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but it's the truth.

UltimateGrr
04-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Console gamers guys.

It's no good having a hacker running around for days and weeks. Get back to CoD son.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but it's the truth.

This...I don't even know what to say to this. I'm normally a fairly articulate person, but I've been rendered speechless. The sheer level of idiocy in this post is amazing. Anti-hack is, at best, a joke. It culls the common hacks from the hardcore hacks. After that, it's up to the indivual server admins to cull the ranks of hackers from their servers.

Biologica
04-24-2011, 05:06 AM
This...I don't even know what to say to this. I'm normally a fairly articulate person, but I've been rendered speechless. The sheer level of idiocy in this post is amazing. Anti-hack is, at best, a joke. It culls the common hacks from the hardcore hacks. After that, it's up to the indivual server admins to cull the ranks of hackers from their servers.

Anti-hack is not a joke, your blind belief that admins are the solution to everything is a joke.

UltimateGrr
04-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Which is why BFBC2 servers have aimbots on the PB enabled servers? Which is why TF2 and CS:S have aimbots on the VAC protected servers?

Face it, if you can program it, some one else will crack it, and code something that bypasses it.

l4d3
04-24-2011, 11:58 AM
DRM is here to stay. The game is $15 and is quality. Not the basic brain dead shooter like COD.

As long as the game works well with GHFWL it isn't the biggest deal ever. GFWL just sits in the background.

Biologica
04-24-2011, 12:33 PM
I only hope that pirates won't be able to join in MP, like they could in Crysis 2.

l4d3
04-24-2011, 01:12 PM
I only hope that pirates won't be able to join in MP, like they could in Crysis 2.If you know anything about Crysis you will know that they have a history of this going back to their previous title.

I think it's a safe bet to assume that no one will be able to hack their way into this game without paying for a copy of the game. They might be able to run their own private servers, but they are able to do that with nearly every other game and it really doesn't effect us.

tunguska47
04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Which is why BFBC2 servers have aimbots on the PB enabled servers? Which is why TF2 and CS:S have aimbots on the VAC protected servers?

Face it, if you can program it, some one else will crack it, and code something that bypasses it.

because those are paid hacks 15 a month

a game with no protection at all allows the free hacks and the paid hacks

Guhn.E
04-27-2011, 01:00 PM
a game with no protection at all allows the free hacks and the paid hacks
What makes you think S8P doesn't have protection? Because TG hasn't said what's being used?

Maizel
04-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Securom or Starforce.

But I never had any big problems with any DRM.