PDA

View Full Version : Map editor (SDK)

Byrd Man
04-21-2011, 07:46 AM
So I figure the map edititor, SDK, is for PC only, and there will not be something similar for the console gamers.

Assuming this, will console gamers be able to dowload maps onto their console?

Or will I need to get Portal 2 for steam?

Swordsman
I think valve said that you can get the pc maps for the consoles, at least for the ps3.

DreamSphinx
So I figure the map edititor, SDK, is for PC only, and there will not be something similar for the console gamers.

PS3 users will most likely be able to download the maps for free. 360 users will most likely have to pay.

Byrd Man
04-21-2011, 07:47 AM
PS3 users will most likely be able to download the maps for free. 360 users will most likely have to pay.

Pay for each map that is made or pay for valve made maps?

visualbyte
04-21-2011, 07:49 AM

I thought Valve had said this would be the case, Some where along the way. I would prefer it was cross platform so at least PC and Mac. For Level Building.

DreamSphinx
04-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Pay for each map that is made or pay for valve made maps?

Well if user made maps were going to be put on the 360, Valve would most likely select a few of the best ones and put them in a pack, and then have it as DLC to the 360 users. Microsoft doesn't like free content.

Byrd Man
04-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Well if user made maps were going to be put on the 360, Valve would most likely select a few of the best ones and put them in a pack, and then have it as DLC to the 360 users. Microsoft doesn't like free content.

So you guys geti infinite user created maps very soon, while I have to wait a few months for the best 5? :o

Yeah I'm getting Portal 2 on steam.

DreamSphinx
04-21-2011, 07:53 AM
So you guys geti infinite user created maps very soon, while I have to wait a few months for the best 5? :o

Yeah I'm getting Portal 2 on steam.

Probably yes, and good choice. I mean, look at L4D2. There are an ungodly amount of user made maps for the PC, that you can download any time you want. The 360 version however, is just now getting one of the maps, which they'll have to pay for.