PDA

View Full Version : Preview detailing Fable III PCs improvements

kyleh613
04-21-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/13/late-arrival-hands-on-with-fable-iii-pc/

Really good write up and preview of what's new in Fable III PC. Improved combat, increased difficulty, bug fixes, overhauled graphics that make the game look a lot better and it's optimized really well for the PC.

MellonCollie
04-21-2011, 11:27 AM
And yet it's still not worth 50$

Astrixzero
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm glad Fable 3 is coming to PC, having greatly enjoyed the game on 360. I hope Fable 2 gets ported as well.

danfmac
04-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Unless they fix the storyline, no matter how much they improve the graphics the game will still be okay, but not great.

All this talk about how great the King portion is but it all boils down to a series of Jerk vs Saint choices and the final boss is even worse than the stupid floating diamond thing from Fable 2.

They need to bring back the Jack of Blades, he was an amazing boss.

Suitcase Nuke
04-21-2011, 12:12 PM
coming out on the same day as tw2 is suicide.......

Jakeman249
04-21-2011, 12:27 PM

Pretty small price to pay for what developers put their hard work and time into. I have never played a fable game since Ive been pc only for a while, but this is a day 1 buy for me.

skelter192
04-21-2011, 12:41 PM

Lol seriously?! Didn't see the release. Yea Just get Witcher 2 people. If you buy it from GoG.com no DRM whatsoever.

Mature, darker better combat system (so far it seems so) and a sequel to a great game.

MellonCollie
04-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Pretty small price to pay for what developers put their hard work and time into. I have never played a fable game since Ive been pc only for a while, but this is a day 1 buy for me.

You poor naive fool. Fable had so much promise but since the first one, it's been nothing about 'okay'. I'd pay 15-20$ but not 50$ for this.

Suleks
04-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Glad they are addressing the difficulty. Fable 3 was insanely easy, even for a console game.

Suitcase Nuke
04-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Glad they are addressing the difficulty. Fable 3 was insanely easy, even for a console game.
fable3 might be a well ported game but still it doesn't complement those broken promises from Peter Molyneux.

NuclearKetchup
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM

You get a full 40+ hour game. All the DLC that the console guys got over the last year for free, and it's not just a simple port.

Sounds like you are grasping for straws sir? Or maybe just a hater.

Oldthink
04-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Pretty small price to pay for what developers put their hard work and time into. I have never played a fable game since Ive been pc only for a while, but this is a day 1 buy for me.Don't do it.

You get a full 40+ hour game. All the DLC that the console guys got over the last year for free, and it's not just a simple port.

Sounds like you are grasping for straws sir? Or maybe just a hater.All they said was that that the game is not worth $50. They gave no reasons, so you cannot possibly determine whether or not they're grasping at straws. Contrarily, you are the one grasping for straws.

A full 40+ hour game? Sure, but it's a mediocre game full of broken promises and unfulfilled potential. A bunch of free DLC? Most of it is pointless and adds nothing to the game, and anything more substantial doesn't improve the overall quality. Finally, why is it important that it's not just a simple port? That in no way ensures quality. They could change nothing but replace the main character's player model with a massive dong and it would no longer be a "simple port."

Fable 3 was the most disappointing game of last year, and not for reasons that can be fixed with greater challenge and some shiny new graphics.

danfmac
04-21-2011, 02:28 PM

Sounds like you are grasping for straws sir? Or maybe just a hater.

If a game is not fun, then no matter how many hours worth of content you stuff in it, its still not fun.

Fable 3 is at best average. The combat is okay, the storyline is not even that, the interaction with towns folks is just as stupid as it has always been, the highly lauded King portion is not even entertaining.

Just listen to this review, it basically sums up my view of Fable 3. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2652-Fable-3

Oldthink
04-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Just listen to this review, it basically sums up my view of Fable 3. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2652-Fable-3I knew I was forgetting something in my post. Good work, you'll make sergeant.

Sifer2
04-21-2011, 03:34 PM
The Witcher 2 will indeed be better an i'll be buying it first. However it sounds like the PC version of Fable 3 will actually be worth playing. With better difficulty, graphics, an controls. So i'll probably get it later.

Oldthink
04-21-2011, 03:41 PM
But the difficulty, graphics and controls aren't what's bad about the game in the first place. Improving them isn't going to improve the story and general game play of the king portion of the game.

soulgraph
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
I've been looking forward to this one, although I wont pick games up on release day anymore I'll be picking this up a few days after as long as it doesnt have massive technical problems.

kyleh613
04-23-2011, 12:13 PM
The Witcher 2 will indeed be better an i'll be buying it first. However it sounds like the PC version of Fable 3 will actually be worth playing. With better difficulty, graphics, an controls. So i'll probably get it later.

Eh, I don't have much hope for Witcher 2. I played the first Witcher and it was really boring, way to many fetch quests and the pacing of the games story was awful. Unless Witcher 2 makes some very big improvements in that area. I'll wait until the game comes out and is lower in price before I decide.

ewalcacer
04-24-2011, 10:58 AM
There's only one thing I want to post here.
http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/971431-fable-iii/articles.html

Suitcase Nuke
04-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Eh, I don't have much hope for Witcher 2. I played the first Witcher and it was really boring, way to many fetch quests and the pacing of the games story was awful. Unless Witcher 2 makes some very big improvements in that area. I'll wait until the game comes out and is lower in price before I decide.boring? awful? either you didnt even get through the prologue or you just have a bad taste...

Mouseraider
04-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Fable 3 scored a solid 80/100 on metacritics for the xbox ranking system. This ofcourse leaves it on the third page of the all time highest ranked games list http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/xbox360?sort=desc&view=condensed&page=2

If Fable 3 manages to even get as high a score on the pc, it will be all the way back at the sixth or seventh page.
Most games recieve a lower score on the pc than they do on consoles.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition scored a solid 86. It is highly likely that Witcher 2 will receive a score at/or above 92.

So what does this all prove? absolutely nothing, now stop acting like review scores are the; be all end all of a discussion.

Hypexchao
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Fable 3 scored a solid 80/100 on metacritics for the xbox ranking system. This ofcourse leaves it on the third page of the all time highest ranked games list http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/xbox360?sort=desc&view=condensed&page=2

If Fable 3 manages to even get as high a score on the pc, it will be all the way back at the sixth or seventh page.
Most games recieve a lower score on the pc than they do on consoles.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition scored a solid 86. It is highly likely that Witcher 2 will receive a score at/or above 92.

So what does this all prove? absolutely nothing, now stop acting like review scores are the; be all end all of a discussion.

Right on.

Someone elses view doesn't effect others.

Fable has always been broken promises I rented fable 3 on xbox thank god I never gave them my money.

Also before you call me hater I loved Fable 1 on pc and the original xbox played it so much Failble 2 and 3 are garbage.

On an end note they ruined the plot with a cliche story Jack of blades was awesome :/

luckystalker
04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Can you play it after the end? I mean Fable 3?

Krackatoa
04-28-2011, 01:06 AM
boring? awful? either you didnt even get through the prologue or you just have a bad taste...

I didn't like the Witcher either, even after the update. Running around was dull as crap. There wasn't enough stuff happening at certain points and once I hit a few fetch quests in a row I eventually lost interest.

Good game. Wonderfully made, but I didn't enjoy it enough to finish it.

Sami69
05-09-2011, 11:20 PM
I would buy witcher 2 but after being sold broken piece of ♥♥♥♥ Witcher i'm not going to buy sequel coz they already stole my money.

amitava82
05-10-2011, 09:44 PM
I'd say Witcher was a good game but too much running around and huge number of loading screens killed the fun for me. I heard they have reduced loading screen from over 200 to some ~4.

Metametheus
05-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Lol seriously?! Didn't see the release. Yea Just get Witcher 2 people. If you buy it from GoG.com no DRM whatsoever.

Mature, darker better combat system (so far it seems so) and a sequel to a great game.

Forgive me if Im a little skeptical about the Witcher 2, lets not forget what a handful of bugs the first one was. And after what I saw with Brink today Im none too hopefully that the Witcher 2 is gonna be any better then the previous. I'll save my earnings for the Withcer 2 when its down to $30. But I'll get Fable III at $50 because if Microsoft wasnt smart enough to fix bugs from previous knowledge on the XBOX they should stay out of gaming.

Raziel200480
05-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Forgive me if Im a little skeptical about the Witcher 2, lets not forget what a handful of bugs the first one was. And after what I saw with Brink today Im none too hopefully that the Witcher 2 is gonna be any better then the previous. I'll save my earnings for the Withcer 2 when its down to $30. But I'll get Fable III at $50 because if Microsoft wasnt smart enough to fix bugs from previous knowledge on the XBOX they should stay out of gaming.

They've supposedly been taking all the criticism and bug complaints into consideration when they were working on the PC version. We'll find out in a little under a week.

Metametheus
05-11-2011, 12:28 AM
They've supposedly been taking all the criticism and bug complaints into consideration when they were working on the PC version. We'll find out in a little under a week.

Im hoping so, Microsoft is like the king of Bugs and Crashes. You ask me I think their logo should have been a Crash Test Cockroach lol.

moonshire
05-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Im sorry but i dont see why people loved the witcher 1 so much. The city was pretty dead most of the time, weird frame issues on the PC here and there. However, bosses and storyline was good.

But the main thing was the combat. I was never really absorbed into the combat and it became boring. All i did was just click, wait awhile, click, wait awhile, change stance here and there, etc. Perhaps use some alchemy potions.

And the music oh man the music was bad in towns. In fights it was great at getting u pumped but..... cities.. why so 1 tone and danky its like a monotone bass sound in loop.

I played till the 4th Act. Still stuck there tho I cant be bothered to finish it. Too many running around all over the place -_- well maybe its the way I played it, maybe you played it differently so its more enjoyable? i duno.

enemyofportal
05-13-2011, 10:17 PM
again, somebody still complain about the price no matter how much it is. stop it. get ♥♥♥♥ing tired. $50 is still cheaper for new game. if it would be $60, some of you will be freaking out, died, huh? get over it. there are lots of people who will buy it. you are not only freaking one who buy it. sorry.

kyleh613
05-14-2011, 01:31 PM
boring? awful? either you didnt even get through the prologue or you just have a bad taste...

And I could say you have bad tastes for liking the Witcher and thinking it was an interesting game at all (I played the whole thing, you can form an opinion until you do and it was never interesting). It's almost as if opinions about video games are subjective and it's not at all that big of a deal...

soviet_sharkey
05-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Game is insanely awsome on Xbox however as with the Assassin's Creed games I won't rebuy it for the improvements as The Witcher 2 will be better probs
(also enviroments were already fantastic I wonder how they will further improve them besides 1080p)

Dazzled
05-15-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/13/late-arrival-hands-on-with-fable-iii-pc/

Really good write up and preview of what's new in Fable III PC. Improved combat, increased difficulty, bug fixes, overhauled graphics that make the game look a lot better and it's optimized really well for the PC.

Lied, damned lies and statistics.

Chubz123
05-15-2011, 05:13 PM

Indeed. The Witcher 2 is going to absolutely bury this game.

cq842000
05-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Okay, no eyefinity/surround support, sub-par performance with drivers that state support for this game, breadcrumb trail disappears just like it did for my on Xbox 360, and no anti-aliasing support. I also have a weird flickering problem upon restarting the game, turn changing a graphics setting like Vsync fixes it until the choice buttons pop up, the flame around the evil choice button and certain other things flicker and are corrupted. That being said, the textures look WAY better than they did on 360. Built from the ground up for the PC indeed. Go ahead and say my PC doesnt meet WAY above the recommended requirements... I dare ya.

kyleh613
05-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Go ahead and say my PC doesnt meet WAY above the recommended requirements... I dare ya.

Wouldn't know, you haven't posted your specs. Chances are you have a Dell or something, get a real computer.

cq842000
05-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Wouldn't know, you haven't posted your specs. Chances are you have a Dell or something, get a real computer.

Lol, your so far off it isnt even funny.

Case: MountainMods Ascension
mobo: EVGA X58 4xSLI Classified (water-cooled)
CPU: Intel Core i7 980X @ 4.6ghz 24/7 (water-cooled)
RAM: 12 GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 2000 (6 GB for benchmarking)
GPU: 2X Sapphire Radeon HD6990 (1040/1500)(water-cooled) + GTX460(PPU)
PSU(s): Antec TPQ 1200 + Antec TPQ 1000

Vantage with PhysX (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/christopherquinalty/Benchmarks%20Qsys%20MkII%20Zelus/Qsys%20MkIV%20UndaFedBestia/3dmvP50kPhysX.png)

By the way, you get a real computer.

kyleh613
05-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Good job spending way to much money on something that will be irrelevant in a year. People who try to "future proof" their computers are insanely stupid.

You're a really bad troll so i'm just going to ignore you now.

Also, I have no issues running Fable III what so ever and my computer is not nearly as fast as yours and plays at max settings. So a lot of good all of that hardware did you.

Deiser
05-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Good job spending way to much money on something that will be irrelevant in a year. People who try to "future proof" their computers are insanely stupid.

Considering that I built my gaming computer 4 years ago, and it can still run Fable 3 on entirely very-high settings except for shadows, I can tell you that your "irrelevant in a year" comment is completely and utterly wrong.

kyleh613
05-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Considering that I built my gaming computer 4 years ago, and it can still run Fable 3 on entirely very-high settings except for shadows, I can tell you that your "irrelevant in a year" comment is completely and utterly wrong.

There will be much faster hardware that blows his current top of the line hardware out of the water and will be a lot cheaper. If you are spending over $1000 for your rig, you are throwing money away.

And you just posted a thread saying the game is barely playable, so cut the b.s.

Deiser
05-17-2011, 02:26 PM
There will be much faster hardware that blows his current top of the line hardware out of the water and will be a lot cheaper. If you are spending over $1000 for your rig, you are throwing money away.

And you just posted a thread saying the game is barely playable, so cut the b.s.

Yes, more powerful things will come out, but that's not the point. The point is that building a powerful rig now will let it last a lot longer than a regular computer, which it has done for this and my previous computer (which lasted seven years).

Also, I said the game was in "slow motion", NOT barely playable (as the menu and button selections were extremely responsive, so it wasn't just slowdown). I also replied to that same topic mentioning how the issue went away when I fully exited the game and restarted it, so I'm not b.s.ing at all. If you want to try and shoot down my arguments, try making sure your points actually make sense.

cq842000
05-17-2011, 04:32 PM

Also, I have no issues running Fable III what so ever and my computer is not nearly as fast as yours and plays at max settings. So a lot of good all of that hardware did you.

First, around 3/4 of my current computer component cost was offset by selling my previous computer, so I actually only spent around $1000.00 out of pocket, so argument nullified. Troll you say? Your the one that insulted my computer building prowess, insinuating that I had some IBM clone of a computer. No my man, you got owned, and my computer will be relevant alot longer than you give it credit for. I play in eyefinity, so that plus quadifre are probably where my problems are. Being on the bleeding edge of tech has it's drawbacks...one of them happens to be scaling issues. My rig can easily play Metro 2033 in eyeyfinity maxed out @ 5760x1080, so yeah alot of good this hardware does for me. Haha, I'm a troll because you put your foot in your mouth, thats rich. Your entitled to your opinion, so have a nice day.

cq842000
05-17-2011, 04:36 PM

12 logical cores, soon to be 24GB of RAM, FOUR GPUs(2x hd6990s= 4x hd6970s) + a dedicated PhysX Processing card will be outdated soon? Let me know when, and please tell us, what computer components do you own?

Update, my apologies... I'm going a bit overboard with this, but I'm no troll.

Hokum
05-18-2011, 04:54 AM
What does 24 GB of RAM even do? I thought most games nowdays don't even use 4 GB. It's certainly future proofing though.

cq842000
05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
What does 24 GB of RAM even do? I thought most games nowdays don't even use 4 GB. It's certainly future proofing though.

Truthfully nothing in the gaming sector, but if you use high memory programs like autoCAD, 3DSMax, etc it provides a little headroom. Future-proofing is the main reason to have anything above 8 GB at the moment.