PDA

View Full Version : Still can't play after patch

yawns
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Prior to the patch I was crashing to desktop after the intro video. I can get to the loading screen now, but the progress bar never moves. If I try interacting with the game, it turns all white and I have to ctrl-alt-del to close it. I see a bunch of errors in my log file:

WARNING CEntityCharacter::Serialize(): CEntityCharacter Version Error:
Data Version: 30, Code Version: 31

This is on a fully updated WinXP with an (old) nVidia card. I also Win7 on here, but I don't have time at the moment to boot into it and test (it was crashing to desktop after the video, too. Except once it magically worked for no reason.) Just thought I'd post real quick since it looks like Poet is around (thanks, btw).

Poet|Grotesque
04-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes, Im around! :D
So pls send me the DXDIAG to contact@silentdreams.de
We'll check this.
do you see the config tool? can you choose between different resolutions?

Can you try to minimize the shadows, change the resolution deactivate some of the effects?
After the crash , could you send the crash mail?

you can ignore the warning errors btw. but maybe you have a crash text in the end of the log. You can send me this too

Poet|Grotesque
04-21-2011, 01:58 PM
update

yawns
04-22-2011, 03:21 AM
It works for me in Win7. When I did dxdiag in XP I saw a few messages saying something about, "some files are old and you should reinstall directx." So I guess there is a problem there. Anyway, it works in 7 so that's good enough. Thanks again for hanging out here and answering all of our questions.

Poet|Grotesque
04-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Ok, great! :)

TMMDelta6
04-22-2011, 07:12 AM
I am also having a similar problem, though it may be slightly different.

Prior to the patch it was CTD with the config tool, which the patch fixed. I'm able to see that now without problems. It've attempted to run it in an 800*600 window and full screen, with all video options disabled or set to minimum. The game fails consistently when attempting to exit the first loading screen that appears after the intro videos. The progress bar reaches full, there will be a delay of some seconds, and then it crashes. At least its progress, right?

Acer Aspire 5520 laptop
32 bit Vista
4GB DDR2 system RAM
nVidia GeForce 7000M

It's a little weak, I know. I typically play from a more modern desktop but I'm currently away from home. I don't know if it works there or not, I was away when I acquired the game.

Update: Error report submitted from full screen 800*600 attempt, referred to this post in additional information.

Update: Cleared the settings folder. No effect.

kyse_zenith
04-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm having problems with the game too. It crashes on the loading screen if it is in full screen but will play when in windowed mode. I attempted to talk to a character (near the healer in the first town) and the game crashed, both times I tried. I couldn't send the crash report. Can you tell me the e-mail I can send the crash report to directly?

System Specs:
Nvidia GeForce GTS 250
AMD Phenom2 X6 Processor
4GB of Ram
64 bit Windows 7

Poet|Grotesque
05-02-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm having problems with the game too. It crashes on the loading screen if it is in full screen but will play when in windowed mode. I attempted to talk to a character (near the healer in the first town) and the game crashed, both times I tried. I couldn't send the crash report. Can you tell me the e-mail I can send the crash report to directly?

System Specs:
Nvidia GeForce GTS 250
AMD Phenom2 X6 Processor
4GB of Ram
64 bit Windows 7

This crash should be fixed, chk this update:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1862045

Let me know if the patch helped.

KrimReefa
05-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Bought the game, I meet the spec requirements BUT IT WILL NOT LOAD !!!!:confused:
I have lowered every setting, it still will not go past the config screen, also will not load up Grotesque Tactics tab.
Please help me.

*****UPDATE****

If you can not get the game to load at all you may need these codec's http://www.free-codecs.com/ffdshow_download.htm