PDA

View Full Version : Few quick TFC questions!

handcold
04-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Hi, I just started getting back into TFC for old times sake, and had a couple questions. Google doesn't really help because the game is so old.

Does anybody know the command to change your fov?

Does anybody know the name of a map where two soldiers fly at eachother with quad damage and try to airshot eachother? The map has a space backdrop and you get accelerated up this ramp thing towards the other flying soldier. Pretty cool map

I also tried setting up the minigolf maps on my server, but I don't know how to get the civilian/ball invulnerable.

Any help would be appreciated. This game brings back some good memories :)

tschumann
04-22-2011, 03:35 AM
For the field of view I think it's fov <number>

pizzahut
04-22-2011, 03:39 AM
> Does anybody know the command to change your fov?

default_fov

> I also tried setting up the minigolf maps on my server, but I don't know how to get the civilian/ball invulnerable.

mp_teamplay 1301

handcold
04-22-2011, 04:59 AM

default_fov

> I also tried setting up the minigolf maps on my server, but I don't know how to get the civilian/ball invulnerable.

mp_teamplay 1301

the ball and the golfers are on separate teams though. the ball regenerates health, but he should be invulnerable

pizzahut
04-22-2011, 09:14 AM
They should be allied teams, how else would these maps be playable?

It's like on Hunted, if friendly fire is off (via mp_teamplay), then the hunted and his body guards can't hurt each other.

urban360
04-22-2011, 01:29 PM
They should be allied teams, how else would these maps be playable?

It's like on Hunted, if friendly fire is off (via mp_teamplay), then the hunted and his body guards can't hurt each other.

default_fov

mp_teamplay 1301
That problem has nothing to do with mp_teamplay. This is handled by the map its self with the info_tfdetect entity.

pizzahut
04-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Whether two teams hurt each other depends on two factors. One is if the teams are allied (set by the map), and the other factor is if friendly fire is on (set by the server admin). AFAIK the maps which the OP is talking about have allied teams, so friendly fire must be the issue. Maybe I'm missing something though.

tschumann
04-22-2011, 03:22 PM
default_fov

Will that cause it to be written to config.cfg as well?

pizzahut
04-22-2011, 03:59 PM
No, you have to put it into a cfg file like autoexec.cfg or userconfig.cfg. The advantage over just fov is that the setting is kept when you die.

fov is meant for a temporary zoom (e.g. sniper rifle), it is influenced by zoom_sensitivity_ratio.

handcold
04-22-2011, 04:40 PM
its not the friendly fire, i've had that off since the beginning. thanks for your inputs

tschumann
04-22-2011, 07:32 PM
No, you have to put it into a cfg file like autoexec.cfg or userconfig.cfg. The advantage over just fov is that the setting is kept when you die.

fov is meant for a temporary zoom (e.g. sniper rifle), it is influenced by zoom_sensitivity_ratio.

I see. Thanks.

handcold
04-23-2011, 06:24 AM
How do I turn on noclip and godmode for TFC? I already tried setting sv_cheats 1 on the server, but maybe i'm just a noob :(

pizzahut
04-23-2011, 09:04 AM
These only work in single player, unless you use plugins.

Single player:

1. Start TFC. (Do not start or join a server!)
2. Open console.
3. Type:
sv_cheats 1
map 2fort
4. Select a team / class.
5. Open console and type:
noclip
god

Multi-player with plugins:

1. Download / install Metamod (not the Source version). If you're going to use the AMXX Windows installer, skip this step.
2. Download / install AMXX (Metamod plugin).
3. Download / install this AMXX plugin:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=199742

You can also use AdminMod instead of AMXX. This has the advantage that noclip and godmode are already included, you don't need to install an extra plugin.

Pizza Supreme
04-24-2011, 02:52 AM
Does anybody know the name of a map where two soldiers fly at eachother with quad damage and try to airshot eachother?

ahhhish - Download (http://www.mediafire.com/?yvo0i5x9d3yi3rf)

handcold
04-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Wow thanks, that's the one!

You're all welcome to use my server, the info is
connect 8.6.2.225:27015;password private
The server is in California. I have it set to random maps with mp_timelimit 0

Post here for map requests - and help me figure out why minigolf won't work!

orangensaft
04-25-2011, 12:04 AM
I have it set to random maps with mp_timelimit 0
So it's one map without timelimit?

handcold
04-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Would you like me to change it to something else?