PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Hub

bret987
04-22-2011, 11:07 AM
How is your progress saved? Is only the hosts progress saved?

HardstyleMiku
04-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I believe it's through the Steam Cloud. You can keep your progress when joining other people who haven't played before.

schism84
04-22-2011, 11:09 AM
The hub will display in the most "advanced" state of the pair. Which is stupid...

It should be either saved per team (duo) or saved per "newest" player so that people can explore it at their own pace. I played coop for the first time with a friend who had completed it, so yay the hub was all cleared up. I didn't get to progressively unlock new courses.

carlz0r
04-22-2011, 11:11 AM
All the levels you have ever will always show up as a square in your current color (orange or blue) on the computer screen near the entrance of each test chamber... You can also see on that screen all of the squares that the person you're currently playing with has completed... From that screen there are 2 buttons you can 'use' to select which level you want to play..

carlz0r
04-22-2011, 11:14 AM
The hub will display in the most "advanced" state of the pair. Which is stupid...

It should be either saved per team (duo) or saved per "newest" player so that people can explore it at their own pace. I played coop for the first time with a friend who had completed it, so yay the hub was all cleared up. I didn't get to progressively unlock new courses.

This is wrong... you're supposed to look at the little computer monitor that pops out of the wall near each set of chambers.. it shows colored squares for each of the puzzles in that course for both players, and you can select which one you start on using the red buttons.

It shows a set of squares for both people currently playing, so you can see which levels you've ever done, and which ones he's done.

EDIT: I know this, because I've played co-op with 2 different people... The first one was behind me, so even though it showed all the progress I had made, and allowed us to play any level I had beaten, we were able to use the buttons to select ones he hadn't done yet, and I re-did them with him as a favor... then when I went back to playing with my other friend, he was ahead of me, so we chose to select levels he'd already done so that I'd have a chance to do them.