PDA

View Full Version : help me find the best configuration to play!

akuma2002
04-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi guys :)

So i've bought the game wednesday. At first, the game was really slow, especially in the menus, taking ages to open. The hand cursor was also a pain to move. In game, that was so-so, but teh fps were most likely very low... One hour or so later, i restarted the game, and Steam forced an installation of DirectX 9, and then miracle, the game was fast, no more low fps... But unfortunately, with the patch, it's back to square one. I almost tried everything. In some configurations, the game runs okay, but not like before. So i'm asking for some in-depth configuration, i think i'm doing wrong combinations of options...

My system: Windows 7 x64, Pentium T4400 @2.20GHz each, 4Gb Ram, screen resolution is 1600*900@ 60Hz (but i'm running the game in 1280*720), Mobile Intel Graphic chipset.

Thanks in advance

jessej07
04-22-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm surprised you got it to run fast at all, considering I've had to play this thing with the settings ALL the way down low. I'm going to check my video card drivers and directx so maybe that will help, you should try the same... but as it is now this game still crashes on me with the lowest settings.

akuma2002
04-22-2011, 04:05 PM
I was amazed too. Btw, when i said fast, it's not like i had 60fps (lol), but at least the menus were fast, and same for teh screen movements during the game. (Like the beginning, when Holy Avatar speaks to Drake, the camera moved really fast from him to Drake and inversely)

jessej07
04-22-2011, 05:28 PM
In that case, did you toggle the speed setting in the middle bottom of the playfield? I haven't used it yet but I noticed there is are two boxes, one "1x" and another "2x", that adjust the playing speed... could this be what you're looking for? Sorry if that isn't it.

akuma2002
04-23-2011, 01:45 AM
I think i never tried it, and i doubt it would solve the problem. I'll try, justnto be sure anyway.

Poet|Grotesque
04-23-2011, 05:53 AM
I think the biggest problem is the mobile intel graphic chipset.

When you say the game was faster before, you can try to deactivate the Quality renderer (thats the old render method) and switch between Hardware Cursor to try difference.
And maybe you should deactivate shadows.