PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Cheat meassures?

Biologica
04-23-2011, 04:14 AM
Will Prejudice have some kind of anti-cheat? Because if it don't I might as well cancel my pre-order.

UltimateGrr
04-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Anti-cheat is a joke at the best of time. The game will have dedicated servers, and server admins are the best anti hack ever.

Omega4
04-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Anti-cheat is a joke at the best of time. The game will have dedicated servers, and server admins are the best anti hack ever.

I agree.

Even though Punkbuster is miles better than VAC, it's still a reactive anti-cheat measure. Punkbuster will only kick someone after it's been programmed to look out for a specific hack.

Constant adminning of dedicated servers is the best solution as admins are proactively on the lookout for hackers.

Rather than avoid games which don't have good anti-cheat measures, I would suggest avoiding games that don't have dedicated servers.

CoD MW2 comes to mind as a game that didn't have dedicated servers and was constantly plagued by hackers.

Biologica
04-23-2011, 08:46 AM

Not true, admins cannot be online forever. There needs to be some sort of protection.

xFlashx
04-23-2011, 11:52 AM
thats why there are usually multiple admins...

at least i would assume there are also vote kicks... if the community is smart then its pretty simple to vote kick hackers/vote ban.

UltimateGrr
04-23-2011, 12:24 PM
I don't think was a vote kick/ban system in the orginal, mostly because it does have some nasty blow back when a legit good player end up pwning scrubs to the point he gets a vote ban.

FRAPS the hacker, send a link to the clan that runs the server, and hopefully they'll get banned quickly.

Biologica
04-24-2011, 04:04 AM
I don't think was a vote kick/ban system in the orginal, mostly because it does have some nasty blow back when a legit good player end up pwning scrubs to the point he gets a vote ban.

FRAPS the hacker, send a link to the clan that runs the server, and hopefully they'll get banned quickly.

Still not optimal...

UltimateGrr
04-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Still not optimal...

Nothing in life is perfect. We just have to make due the best we can.

Biologica
04-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Nothing in life is perfect. We just have to make due the best we can.

Of course, but a modern day PC FPS without any sort of anti-cheat is just not right. I don't need to remind people pf F.E.A.R 2 and how FUBAR that was MP wise.

l4d3
04-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Of course, but a modern day PC FPS without any sort of anti-cheat is just not right. I don't need to remind people pf F.E.A.R 2 and how FUBAR that was MP wise.Are you new to PC gaming?

Hacks have been in multiplayer online games since day one. It is A-L-W-A-Y-S a catch up game. The hacks are created, the anti cheat tools then sniff them out. A hacker creates a new variant of the cheat... the game starts all over again.

Like people have been saying. The best anti hack is a well staffed server full of admins.

Play on popular clan servers and there are bound to be admins on it. Maybe not at 4am in the morning, but during peak times yes. Have that admin ban that player for hacking and he will never come back unless he buys a new game. That makes that server safer for everyone. All other servers that dont take this threat serious will suffer from it.

So play on popular clan servers. Get ♥♥♥♥♥ by good clan players not hackers.

I do this in BC2 and it works GREAT!

Biologica
04-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I understand all your arguments, but releasing a game without any sort of protection is like inviting hackers/cheaters to join in on the fun. BC2 has an anti-cheat meassure.

l4d3
04-24-2011, 12:10 PM
I understand all your arguments, but releasing a game without any sort of protection is like inviting hackers/cheaters to join in on the fun. BC2 has an anti-cheat meassure.BC2 does have punk buster. But for the week or two that a new hack is released, it is free reign on the servers until punkbuster is updated. For that duration of MASS hacks, it is up to the server admin to keep things under control.

VAC or punkbuster would be a nice welcome to Section 8. But if I had to pick between playing on a server protected only with Punkbuster/VAXC or a server that is well staffed with admins, I would pick the admin server every single time.

But having both protections is the best. Since that is not a choice in this matter, I will only play on clan/admin servers.

Biologica
04-24-2011, 02:32 PM
BC2 does have punk buster. But for the week or two that a new hack is released, it is free reign on the servers until punkbuster is updated. For that duration of MASS hacks, it is up to the server admin to keep things under control.

VAC or punkbuster would be a nice welcome to Section 8. But if I had to pick between playing on a server protected only with Punkbuster/VAXC or a server that is well staffed with admins, I would pick the admin server every single time.

But having both protections is the best. Since that is not a choice in this matter, I will only play on clan/admin servers.

Well let's hope then that there will be plenty of those servers around.

l4d3
04-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Well let's hope then that there will be plenty of those servers around.Roll the dice!

Sifer2
04-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Even if it were Steamworks VAC is really too slow to make much difference. An Punkbuster while faster also kicks more legit players than it does hackers lol.

There really isn't a good anti-cheat system in existence IMO. Maybe one day someone will make one an that will be nice.