PDA

View Full Version : Day and Night cycle killed the game

rocharox
04-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm sorry, I played a LOT of tactics game before, and I got this on the last steam sale.
The game was fun; I was having fun, until the last patch.
Not only i killed 2 days of gaming, it made the game unplayable with this new day and night cycle.
During the day, I get a huge color explosion and can't distinguish any colors.
During the night, its SOO dark, I canít see anything.
Seriously, i was having fun, but the game just died to me.

If thereís a way to cancel this annoying thing, please, tell me.
Otherwise, this game is unfortunately dead to me.

jakj
04-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Yes, this is the only issue I have with the game right now. I was really excited to get Steam Achievements added, and the new graphics options are great (though the FoV blurring is rather drastic, but I just turned that off).

A simple toggle to disable the day/night, or a slider to adjust its intensity, is required.

xblade13
04-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah I find everything is a big blur when playing this. All the colors meld together during the day and night. At night I cant see anything clearly, during day eveything looks like one big colorful blob so its hard to tell where someone is sometimes, or what paths are open.

Kahless 1701
04-23-2011, 10:52 PM
My solution was to adjust the brightness settings in the graphics options. Seemed fine to me after doing that. Also lowered the glow effects which helped with the daytime segments.

jessej07
04-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Does the day and night cycle function if the "Quality Render" box is unchecked in the video settings? This game runs like poo for me if I have any kind of visual enhancement on, so I play it on the lowest settings... I haven't noticed the day or night change at all (alway light in game), so maybe that's why. I did try with the box checked a couple times and everything was dark, purple, neon, and glowy... very distracting.

DiceDuP
04-25-2011, 05:14 AM
I agree with the night time being horrible. Make the torch effect of the mouse cursor reveal a bit more terrain and it might be workable.

7runks
04-25-2011, 06:35 AM
If there was a difference then I never noticed it. The way it is, does not bother me. It might be a graphics card driver issue. I have a 460GTX 1GB.

Elliowyn
04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Have you started a new game? Else it doesn't take effect I think.

7runks
04-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Yes, but like I said, "If there was a difference then I never noticed it".

Elliowyn
04-25-2011, 01:26 PM
I quite fail to see how you'd be able to miss the day/night cycle, I can barely see anything at night except where my mouse torch is.

7runks
04-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Like I said, "It might be a graphics card driver issue".

Elliowyn
04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Oh I know, wasn't complaining to you, just surprised that it varries from between the extreme of being unnoticable to too extreme.

jakj
04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
It's unlikely to be a driver issue, considering it's one thing in one game, and I play everything else (from DCUO to TF2 to Magicka to Portal to Minecraft) with no issues whatsoever.

Plus, it doesn't come across as any sort of graphical fluke or glitch: It's just too bright/dark at the extreme ends, which is nothing more than a number in a function call somewhere.

7runks
04-26-2011, 11:24 PM
It's unlikely to be a driver issue, considering it's one thing in one game, and I play everything else (from DCUO to TF2 to Magicka to Portal to Minecraft) with no issues whatsoever.

It happened to me in C&C 3, 2 maps of 450 maps had problems, they go ingame and shows incredible lighting effect in which none of the players noticed but me. It's too bright I can't see anything. I never had any problems with anything else aside these 2 maps in this game.

Poet|Grotesque
04-26-2011, 11:35 PM
What I dont understand. You say the game at night is too dark. But what about the dungeon levels , we changed nothing here, its the same darkness like before???

However we can adjust this. or make an option button to deactivate it, I will ask.

So the light radius for the mouse button is too small?

MiahHman
04-27-2011, 06:06 AM
However we can adjust this. or make an option button to deactivate it, I will ask.

You posted in the thread I made about the night/day cycle and said the same thing.

You mean you haven't looked into fixing it yet? I understand you guys may be busy working on a sequel, but you should consider that you have a prequel on the market right now.

Poet|Grotesque
04-27-2011, 06:16 AM
You mean you haven't looked into fixing it yet? .

We fixed it today. (the second working day after the patch ;))
Update is coming today.

YahooElite
04-27-2011, 09:28 AM
I Have to agree, on maps such as the Forest map where you get the Angel the night cycle is a bit to much on the dark side.

i had forgotten that a day/night cycle was added so until now didnt make sense as to why it was so dark.

Its possible the day cycle is a bit too bright as well.

Poet|Grotesque
04-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Now the day/night cycle is fixed at night. You can see better now.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1862045

jkkyler
07-11-2011, 07:12 PM
If there was a difference then I never noticed it. The way it is, does not bother me. It might be a graphics card driver issue. I have a 460GTX 1GB.

I have a 460GTX as well and was having the same horrible issues - I couldn't play because as soon as I entered a cave things were too black to see at all. I found in order to fix this that I had to uncheck "Quality Renderer" box - as soon as I did this it was immediately fixed. Also I could then choose antialiasing which was blocked out before. I believe this changes it from software rendering to 3d card rendering as it became much smoother and fraps increased as well.
Unfortunately I am still unable to run with full screen checked or at resolutions greater than 1024x768 (maybe it has to do with the resolution of my desktop which is set at 1024x768 - anyhow it is accepatable because I can play in a full screen/enlarged 'window'