ned_ballad
04-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Was Caroline voiced by Ellen McLain?

Nacimota
04-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Yes...

Godshelp09
04-23-2011, 05:36 PM
No, they hired Ellen DeGeneres for a character that Ellen McLain plays...

ned_ballad
04-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I don't know, it was worth asking. It's not mentioned in the game, and Caroline only talks once or twice.

It's a nice touch, when you consider everything.

medentiah
04-23-2011, 05:57 PM
I don't know if you got this, but...

GladOS is Caroline, and caroline and cave had teh sex and made chell ( BRING YOUR DAUGHTER TO WORK DAY) and in portal 1 it says bring your daughter to work day is a great time to have your DAUGHTER tested. So you're playing GLaDOS' daughter :)

Nebz
04-23-2011, 05:57 PM
It's mentioned if you play with Dev commentary on.

To save money and the hassle of finding another voice actor to play a different character they just created the 'caroline is Glados' story and had Ellen voice her.

Ling420
04-23-2011, 06:00 PM
^What he said. Since she had so few lines, they just had Ellen McLain voice it, and BAM they had a GLaDOS origin story.

PSI Defense Up
04-23-2011, 06:02 PM

GladOS is Caroline, and caroline and cave had teh sex and made chell ( BRING YOUR DAUGHTER TO WORK DAY) and in portal 1 it says bring your daughter to work day is a great time to have your DAUGHTER tested. So you're playing GLaDOS' daughter :)

I thought Chell was the daughter of GLaDOS, Caroline, and the Companion Cube. Also her brother was the nephew of the Scout's mom who is friends with the Pyro who invented gels.

MADDOGGE
04-23-2011, 06:05 PM

GladOS is Caroline, and caroline and cave had teh sex and made chell ( BRING YOUR DAUGHTER TO WORK DAY) and in portal 1 it says bring your daughter to work day is a great time to have your DAUGHTER tested. So you're playing GLaDOS' daughter :) Thats only speculation and not proven.:rolleyes: Just because you want something true doesn't make it so.;)

Nebz
04-23-2011, 06:05 PM
I thought Chell was the daughter of GLaDOS, Caroline, and the Companion Cube. Also her brother was the nephew of the Scout's mom who is friends with the Pyro who invented gels.

Your joke was mostly true except for the scout thing. Chell is the daughter of Glados, who is Caroline and fathered by the Companion Cube.

Gammerman12
04-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Chell is not confermed to be their daughter, and even if she was, holy balls would she have to be old. I mean, she is in the year of 20XX, and Cave died long before even 2000, and she would probably have to be around 12 or under to be at "Bring Your Daughter To Work" day. Besides, how could GLaDOS bring her daughter to work if she is a robot? Caroline was dead long before it probably.

Nebz
04-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Chell is not confermed to be their daughter, and even if she was, holy balls would she have to be old. I mean, she is in the year of 20XX, and Cave died long before even 2000, and she would probably have to be around 12 or under to be at "Bring Your Daughter To Work" day. Besides, how could GLaDOS bring her daughter to work if she is a robot? Caroline was dead long before it probably.

Ummm no.. Holy hell people from the 80's are old?..

Xia
04-23-2011, 06:26 PM
No Cave Johnson's VA obviously did the voice acting for her.

Dragonsbrethren
04-23-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't know, it was worth asking. It's not mentioned in the game, and Caroline only talks once or twice.

It's a nice touch, when you consider everything.

Actually, it is mentioned in the commentary. First propulsion gel test.