PDA

View Full Version : Darkspore tomorrow EU?

LucianDK
04-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I am in denmark, and I bought Darkspore over steam. I downloaded the betaclient and it has patched itself to the retail client, and when I run darkspore.exe the launcher comes up with a countdown of less than 12 hours to go at this moment of posting.

LucianDK
04-25-2011, 01:23 PM
We will see what happens tomorrow then.

Fallen1
04-25-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm sure that everyone will be able to play the game tomorrow on Steam. Including us, the Europeans.

LucianDK
04-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm sure that everyone will be able to play the game tomorrow on Steam. Including us, the Europeans.

What makes you so sure?

JoxerNL
04-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Im pretty sure us EUro's will have to wait yet again.
Pure bloody racism.

The only reason Euros always have to wait till thursday is because in the UK the "Sales charts" get released on a thursday.
So making all of the EU wait on one country is BS, hell the UK aint fully a EU member so sodd that.

Ice_
04-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Im pretty sure us EUro's will have to wait yet again.
Pure bloody racism.

The only reason Euros always have to wait till thursday is because in the UK the "Sales charts" get released on a thursday.
So making all of the EU wait on one country is BS, hell the UK aint fully a EU member so sodd that.

I have no idea what you are on about but I've always wanted to know the reason to why we Europeans have to wait a couple of extra days. What sale charts? And why is UK waiting for those?

JoxerNL
04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
I have no idea what you are on about but I've always wanted to know the reason to why we Europeans have to wait a couple of extra days. What sale charts? And why is UK waiting for those?

Im sure your country has their own "Sales Charts" it's those little charts that show which game, or cd, or dvd sold best that week.

Most of the world have their Sales Charts monday night, leaving Tuesday as the fresh new start for the listing of best sales.
The UK however does this thursday, making all of the EU wait for them.

As to why do we have to wait : Logistics.

Retailers (game stores selling physicall copies) whine ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan that online sales will sell more, leaving them at a loss of business when people can buy online and get their game while retailers dont have the physicall copy of the game yet.

Ice_
04-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Im sure your country has their own "Sales Charts" it's those little charts that show which game, or cd, or dvd sold best that week.

Most of the world have their Sales Charts monday night, leaving Tuesday as the fresh new start for the listing of best sales.
The UK however does this thursday, making all of the EU wait for them.

As to why do we have to wait : Logistics.

Retailers (game stores selling physicall copies) whine ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan that online sales will sell more, leaving them at a loss of business when people can buy online and get their game while retailers dont have the physicall copy of the game yet.

I don't get it, I mean, the local game stores here would have gotten the game a few days, a week or even maybe even more before the actual release date, hell I got portal 2 a few days before the actual release date which makes me wonder why they would want to wait for sale charts of a game they have already ordered in?

megamadmax
04-25-2011, 05:17 PM
The main reason for letting the europeans play darkspore when countdown finishes, which is atm in 7 hours, is because we europeans are also seeing the same counter as americans, so we are being told to be able to play when counter finishes, then, if that's not true, its false advertising. We shouldn't allow this!

JoxerNL
04-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't get it, I mean, the local game stores here would have gotten the game a few days, a week or even maybe even more before the actual release date, hell I got portal 2 a few days before the actual release date which makes me wonder why they would want to wait for sale charts of a game they have already ordered in?

To your question :
Simple... alot of money was invested into each game's development, the investors want to see results from day one, releasing a game halfway through the week means it would not be able to scale the sales charts to the number 1 position.

Vanity, in a way really.

Tigerhawk71
04-26-2011, 12:33 AM
I swear if i see the word countdown again i am going to load up the guns and go on a shooting rampage.

Ice_
04-26-2011, 01:07 AM
To your question :
Simple... alot of money was invested into each game's development, the investors want to see results from day one, releasing a game halfway through the week means it would not be able to scale the sales charts to the number 1 position.

Vanity, in a way really.

Ah, I see your point now. But are we really sure this is the reason or is it just speculations so far?
It does sound logical and if this is the reason we really need a change but what can simple gamers as us do to make that change... Screw the UK :P.
I don't really care if I get to play the game a couple of days later but yeah, it's unfair but I usually think it as the Americans get to play a release that might require hotfixes within 24h thus making it a better starting experience for us Europeans :).

JoxerNL
04-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Ah, I see your point now. But are we really sure this is the reason or is it just speculations so far?
It does sound logical and if this is the reason we really need a change but what can simple gamers as us do to make that change... Screw the UK :P.
I don't really care if I get to play the game a couple of days later but yeah, it's unfair but I usually think it as the Americans get to play a release that might require hotfixes within 24h thus making it a better starting experience for us Europeans :).

In EA's case i cannot say for certain as i have not seen them give a public statement.
However other publishers have given statements telling this exactly, so it seems to be more of the "Normal standard" just wish a market which sails on new technology wouldnt use such "dated" ways of bringing out their products.

w2rgn
04-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Classic steam, always the last... This is something you guys should really fix or others will take over.