PDA

View Full Version : Divinity 2 servers too busy?

rivendell456
04-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey is anyone getting the message the Steam server are too busy. Try again later?

Hemish
04-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Hey is anyone getting the message the Steam server are too busy. Try again later?

I'm also getting this error while I didn't get it earlier today. I did a lot of troubleshooting to no avail. Ended up sending a support ticket.

I asked on a forum I visit that likes to talk about Steam, two more people have the same issue. All the other games work, we can install new games, deleting .blob, the .cnf, selecting different servers in the options, validating files (that pops out the deautorize tool instead...)... Nothing helped.

rivendell456
04-25-2011, 04:25 PM
thanks i was playing today no problem until all of a sudden bam. I submitted a support ticket as well. Not sure how long Steam takes to respond. This is very annoying. Not impressed at all.

Hitman46
04-25-2011, 04:33 PM
At least I'm not the only one getting this message. I've never seen this on any Steam games before.

skycracksopen
04-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Yep, I'm getting this error too. Hope it gets fixed soon.

It's also my first time seeing this error with 6+ years of using Steam.

Kaliss
04-25-2011, 06:48 PM
I am getting it as well. Guess I'll have to play one of my other games.

Dr Smith
04-25-2011, 11:44 PM
I was getting this as well. I put steam into offline mode (goto Steam > Go Offline... menu item).

I did actually launch the game whilst offline but don't know if that important.

Go back online again and it might work. Did for me.

FelisNoctu
04-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Been trying to install it the past couple days, same issue. None of the FAQ's fixes worked for it, and I've installed and run several other games in the mean time. Seems to be focused solely on Divinity II! Shame too, I was in the middle of it when I had some issues and needed to reinstall Windows.

viggoss
04-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Hi

I'm glad to see , i'm not alone with this problem .I have send a support ticket too , and i hope steam will solve that soon .

First disapoint of steam i have since years .

donjs174
04-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Same issue here on Div II TDKS, it has been 12 hours now, did all the stuff in the FAQ, went so far as to uninstall Steam entirely which also uninstalled all my games. Other games download no problem, downloading Bioshock right now, no problem. Put in a ticket.

Contacted CC company they said to wait a few days before disputing the charge or see what customer service says if they respond before that.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I can't download and install the game because of the error. I just bought it last night.

Mohiten
04-26-2011, 09:07 AM
I too am seeing an error on attempting to install Divinity 2 - The Dragon Knight Saga:

"The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes."

I purchased the game last night and saw the exact same error.

When attempting to install, I have no issues with disk space and my other games are working fine. I have also submitted a ticket to have the issue looked at because conformity is fun :o

Even so, I'd like to see a resolution, because I'd like to play this game.

benzidrine
04-26-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm getting the same error and the game used to work on my machine. I had this error before but deleting the blob file worked. It hasn't worked this time. Dissappointing since it is a good game.

FelisNoctu
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
It seems like it has something to do with their file structure on the distribution servers, but that's just my best guess. It will start creating the folders in Common, then just die. Of course, maybe that's not even close. Maybe someone just tripped over the power cable again? :P

Zumeraga
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Same issue here. Everything else works fine. Maybe someone at Steam doesn't like this game? Never have had this issue before.

donjs174
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Yep, I get a shortcut if checked, it makes the folder and it even shows in Control Panel/programs and features but no files and I don't get a .ncf file in the steamapps folder. It makes the preps and quits for some reason.

phenla
04-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Yep, count me in as having an issue too. It is not the usual fixes, as I have done them all. (blob change, renameing files, dowloading region, etc.)
There is something specifically wrong with this game.

We need an answer.

jjman312
04-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Having the same problem. Purchased last night, still unable to install it as, "The Steam servers are currently to busy to handle your request."

Have successfully installed several other games in the meantime, and done all the fixes listed. Some response at all would be greatly appreciated. Even a, "We are looking into it." sort of thing.

viggoss
04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
i agree , we need a answer , same if we have to wait after , no problem. We need to know now , steam is working to solve this problem .

masgame
04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I have experienced the problem for at least 24 hours I believe. I am glad this occurred prior to pre-ordering Fable III -- I will rethink the purchase. I caved for a few games but it's not worth it to me to be pinned to Steam, except perhaps for multi-player.

ETA: 2012 -- Ok, some 50 games later I'm pinned to Steam and happy to be.;-P

jgraypatt
04-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I've used steam for years now and have nearly a hundred games in my library, and I only remember ever having something similar to this happening once when a batch of store copy cd codes for a valve game (don't remember with any more) weren't validating right. They solved the problem in about 24 hours and credited everyone affected with a free copy of counter strike. Moral of the story is I know the steam guys take this stuff seriously and will fix it as soon as they figure out what's going on.

donjs174
04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Somebody posted about this on the Larian forums, don't know if that will help. I checked SecuROM and nothing there, Win 7 disables Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) by default, that was an issue with some games but I think after the game was installed and not with the initial download and install.

btallas
04-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Went through all the troubleshooting tips (one tip causes you to have to re-download the game which is where I'm currently stuck). I also have a support ticket and am hoping for a quick resolution.

seastar
04-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Having the same issue here as well, hope it gets resolved soon.

moobellob
04-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Having the same problem - played it last week now for 24 hrs getting the servers are busy message. Can play it in offline mode though.

adamsorkin
04-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Same issues here.

rivendell456
04-26-2011, 05:12 PM
I started this post just after submitting a ticket for support and no response yet - after 24 hours. This is not acceptable. I cannot play in offline mode. Now it says i have to download and install again.

Does anyone know how long Steam usually takes to respond to request for help?

Xenophobe1
04-26-2011, 05:43 PM
I was getting this as well. I put steam into offline mode (goto Steam > Go Offline... menu item).

I did actually launch the game whilst offline but don't know if that important.

Go back online again and it might work. Did for me.

I also got it working on both mine and my son's machines again by restarting Steam in offline mode, starting the game, clicking 'ok' to the no key server meassage, restarting Steam in online mode and the game is back to full function again.

We've both had the game for a while, so not sure if offline mode may help those that just bought the game ... maybe try to start the install in offline mode to see if that resets something in Steam?

rdf24
04-26-2011, 05:51 PM
been about 24 hours here to. Just got to battle tower, went to eat came back and get the same error. This is the first time ever happened, been using steam since the beginning of steam. Just not right, dig this game and cant even play, agree, someone needs to fix this soon

convensive
04-26-2011, 05:55 PM
another voice for the choir: same issue here, also... just purchased this game... have been trying to install it on and off for about a day now... steam servers are always too busy...

D-Ther
04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
same problem here.

the thing is, the problem appear after the MAJ of steam who have reset my langage option for all my games..... Who where trying to download at the same time the langage by default. Quite a mess.

And the game don't want to launch in offline mode.

rivendell456
04-26-2011, 06:36 PM
same problem here.

the thing is, the problem appear after the MAJ of steam who have reset my langage option for all my games..... Who where trying to download a the same time the langage by default. Quite a mess.

And the game don't want to launch in offline mode.

The support page says you will receive an email confirming your ticket has been received by Steam Support.

I did not get that email yet my "open question" is there. Did anyone else get an email confirming their ticket?

viggoss
04-26-2011, 06:44 PM
yes , i have received this email , but no answer , let s wait and hope steam will fix that .

I was playing this game in nightmare and was enjoying a lot , neeeeeeed it :(

donjs174
04-26-2011, 06:44 PM
We've both had the game for a while, so not sure if offline mode may help those that just bought the game ... maybe try to start the install in offline mode to see if that resets something in Steam?

Thanks,

Problem there is game says -Game Unavailable-This game not ready to be played in offline mode-.
We don't even have the game files installed in our machines yet because we keep getting the busy error.

mgbyrnc
04-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I made a post on the general forum. Go complain there so we get more attention.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1862452

ADHD_TW
04-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Yup. Same problem here. I just bought the game a day or so again and have been trying to download it since then. I've changed download regions, restarted steam, logged in offline mode and tried from there

wingers17
04-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Guys I was having this problem too, found another fix (It won't work to install, will work if game is installed, worked for me any way)

Go to:

(Your Drive):\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\divinity ii - dragon knight saga\bin\divinity2.exe

It runs from the folder no problem, just tried it.

phenla
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Guys I was having this problem too, found another fix (It won't work to install, will work if game is installed, worked for me any way)

Go to:

(Your Drive):\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\divinity ii - dragon knight saga\bin\divinity2.exe

It runs from the folder no problem, just tried it.

Yep, did for me too. Crud, now too late to play. Oh well, it should work until they fix the interface or whatever it is.

THanks so much for the heads up, bro. :)

wingers17
04-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Yep, did for me too. Crud, now too late to play. Oh well, it should work until they fix the interface or whatever it is.

THanks so much for the heads up, bro. :)

You're welcome! glad it worked for you!:)

skycracksopen
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Strange that the game won't launch for some of you in Offline mode.

It's working just fine for me.

Destructo-Bot
04-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Game works launching the Divinity2.exe directly from the SteamApps folder. Attempting to launch through Steam gives a "servers too busy" error.

elbastardo
04-26-2011, 11:59 PM
i am sick of this...i will never buy another steam game again unless i can't find a physical copy.

benzidrine
04-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Its pretty bad they haven't even told us if they are looking into it. Make sure to keep the thread on the general steam discussion going so we can get more attention.

benzidrine
04-27-2011, 01:05 AM
I opened the devconsole and got the exact error we are having so please include these in your support tickets in case it helps:

Steam error: SteamProcessCall(WaitForAppReadyToLaunch)(0xab07cb ,0x18cbc0,0x18ccc8) failed with error 5: No Steam Content Servers are available
SteamWaitForAppReadyToLaunch() error: SteamProcessCall(WaitForAppReadyToLaunch)(0xab07cb ,0x18cbc0,0x18ccc8) failed with error 5: No Steam Content Servers are available

GoldFishDK
04-27-2011, 01:13 AM
I changed my download region to UK - London, and restarted Steam.
After this, Divinity II starts up with no problems.

Destructo-Bot
04-27-2011, 01:59 AM
For those that missed it...

The game will work by launching the Divinity2.exe directly from the SteamApps folder.

Monkey Mate
04-27-2011, 04:01 AM
Kinda annoying that we haven't go an official answer yet. One of the reasons I bought this game on Steam is because I like to play my games on Steam and having my games in my Steam Library.

But I have to say that this is first timer for me. Been using Steam for many years now without a similar problem.

viggoss
04-27-2011, 04:33 AM
Thx for tips guys , but that doesn t solve the problem to DL the game .

donjs174
04-27-2011, 06:51 AM
For those that missed it...

The game will work by launching the Divinity2.exe directly from the SteamApps folder.

For those that missed it.

We don't have an .exe to launch. We bought the game and have no game, no files, nothing.

The busy error prevents us from downloading Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga so in essence we paid Steam for a game and got an empty box. We have nothing of Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga installed and we can't install it, any server says it's too busy.

All other games in our library can be run, installed and downloaded. Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga can't.

donjs174
04-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Some good news possibly:

Poster Macbeth (Larian Studios) on the Larian forums has been alerted to this thread and says he will contact Larian QA.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=442919#Post442919

m249jsf
04-27-2011, 07:57 AM
same thing here steam too busy. 30.5 hours into it

donjs174
04-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Even more good news:

From the lynn in the Larian forums:

Hello everyone,

We apologize for this inconvenience.

We have contacted Steam to check what the problem is and how to fix this quickly.
Hopefully we can offer a solution pretty soon.

All the best,
Lynn

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=442919#Post442919

jameswbii
04-27-2011, 10:32 AM
It's working......it's working.....!

donjs174
04-27-2011, 11:25 AM
WOO-HOO

It's fixed!!.

:D:D:D:D

Destructo-Bot
04-27-2011, 11:42 AM
That was directed at people with it installed ;)

viggoss
04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
thanks , thanks and thanks steam and larian :)

jgraypatt
04-27-2011, 06:58 PM
thanks , thanks and thanks steam and larian :)

Seconded :)

rivendell456
04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
WOO-HOO

It's fixed!!.

:D:D:D:D

What do you mean it's fixed? It is NOT. I can launch from the folder as someone else mentioned but it will not launch from Steam. After 117 hours in, it says I have to install it but then the servers are too busy.

51 hours in and NO RESPONSE from Steam. This is totally unacceptable service.

viggoss
04-27-2011, 08:58 PM
What do you mean it's fixed? It is NOT. I can launch from the folder as someone else mentioned but it will not launch from Steam. After 117 hours in, it says I have to install it but then the servers are too busy.

51 hours in and NO RESPONSE from Steam. This is totally unacceptable service.

Hum ,this is strange , i had the same problem of you and many others , and now i can DL and play it :) , you re right about steam "no response" about support , but they have solve the problem in 3 days , so for me it s acceptable .

Larian_QA
04-28-2011, 01:42 AM
For most people it seems to be working again without any issues.

However, FocusTechSupport posted this on Larian Forums:

Valve has fixed the issue but you must delete the file ClientRegistry.blob located in the Steam folder first:

Do not run Steam.
Open the Steam folder and delete ClientRegistry.blob file.
Run Steam.
Now you can download and install Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=443021#Post443021 (http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=443021#Post443021)