PDA

View Full Version : Freezes on loading mission

forrestparkay
04-26-2011, 04:28 AM
If I try to load up Shadowgrounds, I can go into options or accounts or all that, but if I click on a new game, it freezes on the loading screen. I have to forcibly quit the game with ctrl+alt+del.

I read through some of the other threads, so I will mention Trine runs just fine, and (surprisingly enough) I'm having no problems with Shadowgrounds: Survivor, either.

JoelFB
04-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Are you sure it freezes, or perhaps it could still be loading? Shadowgrounds doesn't have any loading indicators and it also takes a while to load. It's finished when the START button appears in the bottom-right corner.

Back in the day the game used to take 1-2 minutes to load, nowadays it's of course faster. Let me know your system specs so we can rule that out. However it's still a good idea to give it time - go eat lunch or something and leave the game running. It probably doesn't help but who knows.

Other things to try:

- running in Windowed mode (untick Fullscreen in the Launcher somewhere)
- turn down the graphics settings
- disable Sounds altogether
- disable Videos altogether
- enable V-sync

Let me know.

forrestparkay
04-28-2011, 04:29 AM
Ah, I guess it might have been just taking a while. I thought it was frozen because at one point the "Shift+tab to open steam" little flyout popped up right as the loading starting, and never disappeared, and I at least felt like I was waiting long enough, but I will try that asap about going to eat lunch.

Specs:

2.0 Ghz dual core cpu
6GB DDR2 ram
Windows 7 x64
ATI Radeon HD 4550

forrestparkay
04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Looks like my impatience was the only problem. Thanks for the help, and sorry to trouble you.

JoelFB
05-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Ah, that's great to hear (and sorry for the problem in the first place, it was a bit stupid of us not to include some kind of a progress meter). Enjoy the game. :)