PDA

View Full Version : Source SDK / Hammer Editor (Win7)

DarkM
04-26-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm having trouble with Source SDK and the Hammer Editor.

When I open the source SDK, sometimes Counter-Strike Source isn't on the list of games. When it is, I was having problems with trying to run Hammer Editor. It said the GameInfo didn't exist in "(username)\sourcesdk\bin\counter-strike source\cstrike" so I copied the GameInfo in the real game directory, made counter-strike source folder in sourcesdk\bin\ and then made a cstrike folder in there and pasted GameInfo into that.

Hammer Editor was then usable, but then when I go to change the settings to the actual game directory so that it would work correctly and then close hammer, Windows 7 keeps thinking that it crashed so the changes don't save.

I tried reinstalling Source SDK, but it would do the same thing. If I try reset game configurations on source sdk, Counter strike would disappear from the list of games again.

So, nothing is working correctly and I'm getting a little angry. I also noticed that source sdk is thinking counter strike directory should be located in sourcesdk\bin\, and so does hammer editor when I am actually able to open it.

tschumann
04-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Have you tried running Counter-Strike Source and then refreshing the SDK?

taz-ed
04-26-2011, 03:55 AM
did you select engine 2009 before clicking reset configurations ? also css has to up todate and started recently the only folders you need to worry about in \sourcesdk\bin\ is the orangebox one css and the other games use the tools which are in that, theres no need to add files or folders in to it because of they dont belong there steam removes them

DarkM
04-26-2011, 04:08 AM
did you select engine 2009 before clicking reset configurations ? also css has to up todate and started recently the only folders you need to worry about in \sourcesdk\bin\ is the orangebox one css and the other games use the tools which are in that, theres no need to add files or folders in to it because of they dont belong there steam removes them

Thank you very much! CSS was only showing up in 2006. When I selected 2009 and reset game configs, it showed up there and everything is working good now.