PDA

View Full Version : Still $39.99?

Cut2TheChase
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
I would have thought this would have dropped in price by now.

netnerd85
04-26-2011, 12:18 PM
It's only just been released. There are many games that are much more expensive than this game on steam that have been released for over a year. Not every game on steam is cheap as chips. I bought it for $35 when it had 10% off and I think that's a fair price for now. In a year $20-25 would be fair.

LastCaress
04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
I like the game I really do but $20 is a realistic price point for the level of quality and feature set. Think about it; its a niche game with a low budget and it shows not that I mind as I still enjoyed the game but it was short and linear.

netnerd85
04-26-2011, 06:13 PM
I like the game I really do but $20 is a realistic price point for the level of quality and feature set. Think about it; its a niche game with a low budget and it shows not that I mind as I still enjoyed the game but it was short and linear.

You thought it was short? took me over 12 hours the first time to play through. Same length as Mafia 2.

I should really put AUD on the $ sign. In Australia $AUD 35 is very cheap for a game. Almost all AAA games sell in store for $AUD 89.99. So less than half price is very fair IMO. I understand Steam has a lot of issues with international pricing.

LastCaress
04-26-2011, 06:39 PM
$40 US is only $20 less than a AAA title. Granted I got it pre-order for $35 US. When a game only does 1 thing IE linear single player 12 hours is very short, you are talking the afterthought singler player campaigns in the popular AAA online shooter series length on a budget.

It actually took me closer to 14 hours but I had a lot of problems getting done with chapter 6 quickly or in one go for that matter.

oliathsg
04-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Chapter 6 is what killed the game for me.
I just couldn't get past the first bit and the checkpoint is so far back. The game just isn't fun enough to warrant playing the same bit over and over even though i really want to see what happens.

Annoyingly the start of this level consists of you having to move one character up... kill off some stupid snipers who may or may not insta-kill you when the wonky cover system fails... then press tab and move the other character all the way up. It just hilites how badly made the game is. You should be able to order your secondary character to follow, defend attack etc. Very basic tactical gameplay stuff... I have iphone games that pull off what this game is trying to do for far less of a price.

I would say that you would probably just about not be mad if you got this game for $2.99... and even then you will not finish it.

vicster69
04-27-2011, 08:42 AM
and the checkpoint is so far back

Funny enough Chapter 06 was the last straw for me as well for exactly that reason. Despite all of its flaws I was willing to play this game to the end, but somehow churning butter seemed more entertaining than playing the same bit over and over again.

You should be able to order your secondary character to follow, defend attack etc

Exactly my sentiment!

On another note, is it just me that thinks the apparent great quotation of
In each war there is a requirement that we adjust our thinking and our tactics to suit the conditions and the power of the enemy.
is the most stupid quotation ever? I mean are we supposed to be awed by this obvious revelation? Duuuhhh you mean we can actually use something other than Napoleon's strategy and tactics?? You mean with modern weaponery sending 100 soldiers in a tight formation towards a heavily defended area is a bad idea?? Pheewww thank god for this amazing quote!!

netnerd85
04-27-2011, 02:49 PM
I have posted a video walkthrough of Chapter 6 here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1863420). It's really not that hard once you know what to do exactly. Take a look at the video to see where what you can do better to beat it.

When a game constantly beats me it just makes me more determined to beat it... rather than crying about it on some forums ;)

oldguy70
04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
I have posted a video walkthrough of Chapter 6 here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1863420). It's really not that hard once you know what to do exactly. Take a look at the video to see where what you can do better to beat it.

When a game constantly beats me it just makes me more determined to beat it... rather than crying about it on some forums ;)

dude...we are not "crying" just letting people know about the game..i wish i would have read stuff like this before i wasted my $$ on this game.

stethnorun
04-27-2011, 08:17 PM
dude...we are not "crying" just letting people know about the game..i wish i would have read stuff like this before i wasted my $$ on this game.

Don't mind Netnerd, he just acts as if Shadow Harvest were his only child. I imagine that the actual developers of the game wouldn't get as emotionally defensive about it as he does.

netnerd85
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Don't mind Netnerd, he just acts as if Shadow Harvest were his only child. I imagine that the actual developers of the game wouldn't get as emotionally defensive about it as he does.
*yawn*, you don't have anything better to do with your life Brian? I think The Sims Medieval is calling for you ;)

You have some very strange assumptions boy.

Shadow Harvest is one of many games I've been playing. I don't always talk about Men of War Assault Squad because it's not being attacked for it's design decisions.

TotalBiscuit
04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
*yawn*, you don't have anything better to do with your life Brian? I think The Sims Medieval is calling for you ;)

You have some very strange assumptions boy.

Shadow Harvest is one of many games I've been playing. I don't always talk about Men of War Assault Squad because it's not being attacked for it's design decisions.

That's because Men of War Assault Squad is a good game.

You are the lone whiteknight defending this title and it is hilarious.

netnerd85
04-29-2011, 09:38 AM
That's because Men of War Assault Squad is a good game.

You are the lone whiteknight defending this title and it is hilarious.

As I said, no lone, open your eyes... my child.

Whiteknight...? racist? Why can't I be a black-knight? what the hell? why not just a knight? seriously.

What's so funny?

TotalBiscuit
04-29-2011, 09:47 AM
As I said, no lone, open your eyes... my child.

Whiteknight...? racist? Why can't I be a black-knight? what the hell? why not just a knight? seriously.

What's so funny?

It is you, you are funny, just not in the way you'd like to be. There is a reason people are laughing at you, not with you.

netnerd85
04-29-2011, 09:50 AM
It is you, you are funny, just not in the way you'd like to be. There is a reason people are laughing at you, not with you.

Similar to those that watch the funny British boy on YouTube make fun of games like a twit? Looking at your channel comments. funny.