PDA

View Full Version : Fable 3 Pre-order Bonuses

Excifer
04-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Is it any wonder as to why Steam has 4 exclusive weapons and 5 exclusive tattoos, when on the Games for Windows Marketplace, the only thing that you get with your pre-order is Fable: The Lost Chapters for free? I thought that Microsoft was planning on having an uber, unbeatable deal on GFW Marketplace, no?

It's no real concern, I'll be getting the game off Steam regardless. I was just caught by surprise. If having Fable 3 on Steam wasn't surprising enough, it seems like Microsoft's own digital distribution channel is rolling over and dying with their own game.

Antares(☭)
04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Well - personally if I want to get it I'm forced to use GFWL as its region locked on steam for me....(thanks a bunch microsoft!!!!) and i've already played fable the lost chapters so dually screwed.

I'm also surprised the payoff for using microsoft's own service is so disgustingly poor....

Forsythia
04-27-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd take a full game instead of some useless weapons and tattoos any day, but whatever floats your boat I guess. :rolleyes:

Excifer
04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
I already own Fable: The Lost Chapters, so there's no point in getting it again. I'll pick the useless weapons and tattoos any day. And my boat floats just fine, thank you. :p

VividNinjaScar
04-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Are you saying a full games isn't as good, or worse, than a couple of weapons in game?

I'd take TLC over the weapons, and did.

DarkPGR
04-27-2011, 01:07 PM
I already own Fable: The Lost Chapters, so there's no point in getting it again. I'll pick the useless weapons and tattoos any day. And by boat floats just fine, thank you. :p

when getting it from the GFWM you get a download code for Fable: The Lost Chapters, so you can resell, trade it or give it away to someone else. A far better deal than the steam pre-order.

Excifer
04-27-2011, 01:24 PM
when getting it from the GFWM you get a download code for Fable: The Lost Chapters, so you can resell, trade it or give it away to someone else. A far better deal than the steam pre-order.

True, but there's nothing else that I want on the Marketplace.

It's fine if people find a full game to be better. I sure as hell think it's better. But personally, I've played through Lost Chapters more times than I care to think about. Therefore, it doesn't entice me.

I insist, that if you haven't played Lost Chapters, then treat yourself to the amazing game that it is. For me however, the game has been available for years, and I personally have played it for years. I'm quite sick of the game to be quite honest, hence why I'm excited for the sequel.

All I'm asking is if Microsoft stated that Fable 3 was going to have exclusive content if purchased on the Marketplace. It seems like the only exclusive content that is available is exclusive to Steam. It seems like this thread is going completely off-topic from what I was asking. I'm willing to let this go, if people at least understand the purpose of my question.

VividNinjaScar
04-27-2011, 08:49 PM
And that is perfectly fine reasoning. In your first post you made it sound like the weapons were so much better than the full game.

I too have played through it and loved it. A digital backup would be amazing for me, so I might as well just on it while I can.

As for exclusive content, I doubt it. If it does, they haven't said anything about it yet. The weapons from the Steam version of the game can be traded to the GFWM version if you have a friend anyway.

Excifer
04-28-2011, 12:51 AM
And that is perfectly fine reasoning. In your first post you made it sound like the weapons were so much better than the full game.

I too have played through it and loved it. A digital backup would be amazing for me, so I might as well just on it while I can.

As for exclusive content, I doubt it. If it does, they haven't said anything about it yet. The weapons from the Steam version of the game can be traded to the GFWM version if you have a friend anyway.

Sorry, that wasn't what I was trying to convey in my original post. I don't care much for the weapons, I'm just looking for something that will spice up the experience of the game. I was hoping that Microsoft had something up their sleeve. Also, there's nothing wrong with full games as a preorder bonus. For instance, if Microsoft offered Fable 2 for the PC with a preorder for Fable 3, I wouldn't even hesitate to ponder the idea.

I also hold nothing against Microsoft for choosing The Lost Chapters as a preorder bonus (like I said, it's a fine game), but I was expecting something more as far as exclusive in-game content. I was just put off as to why Steam was having the exclusive in-game content, and the Marketplace was choosing to offer a free game (which is what I would expect from Steam). It practically did a switch-a-roo on my expectations. :confused: