PDA

View Full Version : Risen vs Two Worlds 2

TheGuvnor
04-27-2011, 10:06 PM
I just finished Gothic 3 the other day in its entirety for the most part, and am in need of a new RPG fix. I thought G3 was a pretty great game if you could get past the shiiiit optimization and, at times, just idiotic difficulty level, and so I'm now considering getting Risen because I hear it's like G3 on steroids.

Now, my other choice here is Two Worlds 2. I'm one of the few people on the planet who managed to tough it out and complete the first one, which was an absolute atrocity. However, I played TW2 briefly on my Xbox and right away I could see it was a MASSIVE improvement over the first and could very well be an amazing game if I could play it some more. Not to mention I hear very good things about it.

So I'm asking which one is the better of the two, since for now I'll only be buying one since I'm setting some cash aside for The Witcher 2. While I have the $50 for Two Worlds 2, a point to consider is that Risen is cheaper ($30). I'm going to post this in both forums so maybe the answer won't be as biased.

VA1N
05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
This is a hard choice. They are both good games. Risen seems to be a little more in depth with a more believable story and cast of characters. Decisions you make really affect the game in profound ways (as early as in the beginning with who you begin the game with, rebels or the religious sect). The combat in Risen is pretty good too, although I usually play melee classes and it usually just comes down to clicking a lot.

Risen does get kind of long winded and expects a lot from the gamer. There's been plenty of times when I had absolutely no idea where to go. I eventually found my way but not until after I scoured some gaming sites and FAQs.

Two Worlds 2 on the other hand is a little easier in terms of game progression. You'll always know where you need to go (via a map with a point on it) and there's a very nice transportation system that allows you to transport to anywhere on the map where there is a shrine you have visited. The story is a little odd at times but you can follow it.

Risen is an older game as well, being from a couple years ago while Two Worlds 2 is pretty new. With that in mind, Two Worlds 2 is more money than Risen.

Something else I should mention - Risen feels like a more polished game. Not only in graphics but in gameplay and story. Two Worlds 2 has a lot of graphical issues at times. Two Worlds 2 is thousands of times better than the first one, but it's still just an above average RPG. The same thing can be said about Risen, but in recommending the two, I think Risen might slightly edge ahead of TW2.

Hope this helps you with your decision.

Chiatroll
06-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Since you way this while referencing gothic 3 risen seems like the obvious choice. It's made by the gothic people. it feels more like gothic 4 then gothic 4 does.

It's not perfect.

However, TW2 is a MASSIVE improvement on the system. I mean WTF level massive improvement

Looking at sequals from the german poland area lately you have witcher 2 and two wolds to both blowing the game before them so far out of the water it doesn't even make sense makes me really optimistic about risen 2. They are actually getting a good sized budget for risen 2. So you won't want to miss risen 2, but that means you'll probably want to of played risen 1 all the way through to help with worldstory.

Risen is 30 dollars and two worlds 2 is 50.

Risen wins. It's closer to the game you referenced. It'll provide more story for an awesome sequel and it's cheaper. It doesn't win by a huge amount though because two worlds 2 is a pretty awesome level of improvement over two worlds.

Kaynos
07-07-2011, 05:20 PM
TW2 is very frustrating to play just because you can tell the mob difficulty. One second you killing some mob easily and the next you die in 2 hit killed by the same kind of mob.

JK_DC
07-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Two Worlds on hard was more insane. I was still getting 1 hit killed at level 50. lol 8-10 enemies chasing and surrounding me constantly. Made Oblivion look like a kids game.

TW2 must have the longest tutorial of any game. I think it was over an hour to guide you through the initial story and show the controls. I'm impressed with the production values. The main character voice is fairly bad though. I bought Risen,TW2 and Divinity 2 DKS for a little over $50 during the sales. Can't beat that. Hopefully you bought both already.

Kexin
07-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Risen is a great game, but Two Worlds 2 is much better. Massive game with tons of content, if you missed out on the Two Worlds 2 sale then you missed on a great game. The armor and weapon textures are fantastic if you have the comp for it too.

gjork
07-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Get both is the simple answer, get the one you are most interested in now. They are both good but TW2 is a larger game world than Risen but the combat system in Risen is better, requires more skill IMO.

DeViLzzz2007
07-26-2011, 06:44 AM
I assume combat is much easier in Two Worlds II than Risen. When I played Two Worlds Epic Edition there really was no challenge whereas with Risen I am getting the beat down by pigs. Is Risen this hard and is Two Worlds II the same ? Did they improve combat and make it much more challenging ?