PDA

View Full Version : Item bonuses +XP/DNA gain +Drop Chance

Torano
04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
So I just started up Darkspore for the first time after preordering and while deciding who to put the free bonus items on a question came up.

When it comes to equipment that gives bonuses such as +XP/DNA gain, does the creature the equipment is on have to be active for the bonuses to work or just in the current squad for that mission?

SadExchange
04-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Also, I have a question. So your creature level is decided upon by the equipment that it wears correct?

If I spend DNA to raise my hero's stats cap by 3, what does that pertain to exactly?

Also, When outfitting my hero, I seem to have a ton of DNA to spend for applying upgrades, will that ever limit me?

Tigerhawk71
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
When it comes to equipment that gives bonuses such as +XP/DNA gain, does the creature the equipment is on have to be active for the bonuses to work or just in the current squad for that mission?

No idea myself, sorry. I just spread them out on the three heroes i had and.. just went with it.

Also, I have a question. So your creature level is decided upon by the equipment that it wears correct?

Correct - equipment is what makes your hero powerful, not your crogenitor level. that is what increases the limit of your potential hero power, plus all the other fancy bonuses.

If I spend DNA to raise my hero's stats cap by 3, what does that pertain to exactly?

As i just mentioned, it increases your maximum stat limit for the heroes.

For example, Titan at lv2 can have something around 1.2K health at the most. At lv3 it's 1.5K max. It does increase the limit for all stats, health is just an example.

Also, When outfitting my hero, I seem to have a ton of DNA to spend for applying upgrades, will that ever limit me?

Only if you run out, which you shouldn't really. If you do, you can increase it by selling old items you no longer have a use for, by running some missions, or by stripping items off a hero you are not using. Merely unequipped a currently unused hero will return any DNA cost of those items.

Tsukari
04-30-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm pretty sure you're wrong on the final point... Your DNA costs aren't refunded on old gear, they just don't cost anything to re-equip to another hero.

aelp
04-30-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure you're wrong on the final point... Your DNA costs aren't refunded on old gear, they just don't cost anything to re-equip to another hero.

bold = correct

you DNA points are also the same DNA point you use when buy stuff from the inventory menu, use then up there you wont have any DNA to upgrade you heroes.