PDA

View Full Version : Calling out Mic users

RosesAreFF0000
04-28-2011, 09:54 PM
While I've gotten used to Bad Company being quiet, I miss the squad chatter I used to get in BF2 and BF1942. Therefor to remedy this situation, let's see who here uses their mic, or at least, would use theirs if someone else in the squad would. This way we can friend up and shoot together.

KeyLime3.14

^add me as long as you have a mic, can speak basic english, and don't have an annoying pre-pubecent 13 y/o voice.

FrontlinerDelta
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Actually I kind of like that not everybody is cursing into their mics everytime they die, instead we get the professionally voice-acted lines of the soldiers.

will_save
04-28-2011, 11:39 PM
While I've gotten used to Bad Company being quiet, I miss the squad chatter I used to get in BF2 and BF1942. Therefor to remedy this situation, let's see who here uses their mic, or at least, would use theirs if someone else in the squad would. This way we can friend up and shoot together.

KeyLime3.14

^add me as long as you have a mic, can speak basic english, and don't have an annoying pre-pubecent 13 y/o voice.

The problem isn't that people wouldn't use it. It's that the voice chat doesn't work most of the time. I don't remember the exact cause, but I think it had something to do with how long it has been since the server has restarted and the way it accumulates data or something. This is not me being cynical, I have tested the voice chat multiple times with people, and it works for a bit then stops entirely.

Sometimes it also automatically turns on your microphone without telling you. I once had the pleasure of hearing a guy breathe heavily and fart several times while playing. He finally decided to notice the chat box and I quickly heard his mic shuffle and mute. Hilarious, but unnecessary. I wish I would have had fraps running.

Parliamentarian
04-29-2011, 12:04 AM
I always feel like I'm talking to myself :/

F1eld
04-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Actually I kind of like that not everybody is cursing into their mics everytime they die, instead we get the professionally voice-acted lines of the soldiers.

I think the english speaking russians are the easiest to listen to. I played with the native language for a long time but recently switched them to english and they are charming.

browha
04-29-2011, 02:18 AM
I dont know which country you're from, but our group has quite a few people that use mics. Admittedly the in game VoIP is rubbish so we use ts3, but if you want to join in please feel free to come check us out.

noobgroup.com

If its a european country I can almost guarantee other people who speak the same language as you too :)

The LaughingMan
04-29-2011, 09:12 AM
I think the english speaking russians are the easiest to listen to. I played with the native language for a long time but recently switched them to english and they are charming.

I didn't realize they maintained their accents, so I switched everyone to original to maintain the auditory integrity of the experience. I may try this if it is as good as you say though. I love calling medic in the various languages though lol

Kalabalana
04-29-2011, 09:21 AM
BC2 does not have a working fully working VOIP system.
This is the problem.

darkpuppy
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I and the lads of the C-Team all Skype while BC2-ing, tbh. In-game voice chat can work, sometimes, but, as noted, it's buggy as all heck.

psnheadcrab
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM

How do you switch that?

scorpio0666
04-29-2011, 11:42 AM
I use a mic sometimes. I always have heard that the VOIP system is bugged or has flat out never worked. I have never had a problem with it but then like I said I use it just 'sometimes'.