PDA

View Full Version : Metroidvania?

zoinks99
04-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Is this a Metroidvania-type game like Aquaria where the whole game world is interconnected, or do you complete a stage and leave it behind forever?

xX_Renegade_Xx
04-29-2011, 01:23 PM
It works on levels, you go from point A to point B, then that level is complete. You can explore too and there are also secret areas too but I've not found any yet :(

N1claus
04-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Really? I've only played for half an hour and completed the first three missions, and I've found all the "secrets" so far. I don't know if they get more hidden later on, but so far it goes like this: you see an area with a few bonus items, without an obvious way to get to it. You walk towards it, turns out you can walk through the wall, secret found.

xX_Renegade_Xx
04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Spoilers please!

Some players have not bought the game yet.

Fatdude
04-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Are there any other games on steam that are metroidvania type other then aquaria and batman arkham asylum?This games also look nice too probably will buy it.

zoinks99
04-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Are there any other games on steam that are metroidvania type other then aquaria and batman arkham asylum?This games also look nice too probably will buy it.

On Steam, you can get these other Metroidvanias that I know of:
-Aquaria (as you mentioned)
-Aztaka (I think it's Metroidvania, haven't played)
-VVVVVV
-Saira
-Darksiders (Actually more like Zelda 64, but has some things in common with Metroidvania)

You can also find some free Metroidvanias online:
-Cave Story (google for the English translation patch)
-Amea
-KOLM
-Shift 3 and Shift 4
-Soul Brother