PDA

View Full Version : [CONSPIRACY] Cave Johnson never died

Condor_96
04-29-2011, 09:11 PM
And he likes spoiling plotlines (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVbauCIrfpU)

joelyay
04-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Yes also how did cave jonhson make the traliers about robots if he is dead?

GLaDOS says she made the robots at one point.
so he may not be dead.

A Ghost
04-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Cave Johnson can't be dead because we like him too much.

Valve, retcon the game so Cave Johnson didn't die of mercury poisoning. Also, turn GlaDOS into an android catgirl.

Supertegwyn
04-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Maybe they made the robots before he died? He died in either the 70s or 80s, and in the 80s areas of Apeture, there are posters about accepting robots or something. Maybe Glados just continued Caves work.

Or it could just be a trailer.

Nacimota
04-29-2011, 09:51 PM

Those trailers aren't canon

GLaDOSv3.11
04-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Valve, retcon the game so Cave Johnson didn't die of mercury poisoning. Also, turn GlaDOS into an android catgirl.

I am absolutely going to draw GLaDOS as an android catgirl now. I'll send you the picture, +rep for idea!

joelyay
04-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Also the design of the level is the same as portal 2 (near the start but not the broken test chambers)with the testchambers before the bit with the gels and the cave johnson levels, if the tralier was recorded when we thought Cave was alive it would bet set in the same sort of test chamber bits.
my theory is most likey flawed.:D
EDIT Those trailers aren't canon
This, my theory makes no scene.

JimmyJam
04-29-2011, 10:30 PM
I've said this time and time again! I even made a thread about it awhile back!

There are several signs that could point to C.J being alive inside a computer.

I'm lazy and will put this together more tomorrow or something..

GLaDOSv3.11
04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
My counter argument is that if he were placed in AI form it would be GLaDOS. Almost definitely.

codebreaker2001
04-29-2011, 10:42 PM
I've said this time and time again! I even made a thread about it awhile back!

There are several signs that could point to C.J being alive inside a computer.

I'm lazy and will put this together more tomorrow or something..

Are you talking about the memo from Cave that stated that he was able to send memos from the grave in the ARG?

Note: I haven't really participated in the ARG, but I read about the memo from Cave Johnson saying that he was able to send memos from the grave.

I'm pretty sure he's dead and he died of mercury poisoning. The audio recording he made may have been at a time where he was doped up and he inadvertently mistaken the crushed up moon rocks as the cause of him dying. After all, he was on pain pills (remember, he asked Caroline to bring some more of them to him in one of the clips).

erikvonvicious
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Id say CJ left on the Borealis in the 70s, still ill but because of the time related payload did not die and will be a part of a future game(s)
I say its time related due to all the clues dropped and the fact they talked about not having a need for a large supply of food on the Borealis.

side note did anyone notice the dock in portal 2 is not even close to the size needed for the Borealis?

codebreaker2001
04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
side note did anyone notice the dock in portal 2 is not even close to the size needed for the Borealis?

How do you know?

erikvonvicious
04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
umm ep2, where you see it... besides even if you knew nothing about it other than it has aperture shipping containers on it you could see the dock isn't even wide enough for a single standard length one... and the ship is certainly larger in width than one shipping container is long. play that part of P2 again and look at the width of the walk way you stand on vs the cutout for the ship. (there are even those red throwable floatation devices you can use for scale.)

edit: for those interested the Borealis is valve-world design clone of a Lockheed Polar class icebreaker research ship which is 399' length x 83' width.

(V)3RC3N4RY
04-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Maybe they made the robots before he died? He died in either the 70s or 80s, and in the 80s areas of Apeture, there are posters about accepting robots or something. Maybe Glados just continued Caves work.

Or it could just be a trailer.

he died in '86 i believe

bumblebee200
04-29-2011, 11:39 PM

so he may not be dead.

Cave didn't make the trailers. J. Jonah Jameson did.

Ikko
04-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Caroline was a lie. Cave Johnson was a crossdresser. The painting says Cave Johnson because both people in it are Cave Johnson.

GLaDOSv3.11
04-29-2011, 11:45 PM
All of a sudden the world makes no sense.

Ciryaher
04-30-2011, 01:06 AM
So Cave was putted into that turret like Caroline was putted into GlaDOS?

jedediahpelland
04-30-2011, 01:14 AM
So Cave was putted into that turret like Caroline was putted into GlaDOS?Possible, but I personally think Cave Johnson was put into the actual mainframe and may be in turrents as well as Wheatly. I made a seperate thread about a thoery involving Cave Johnsons personality being in Wheatly.

SiPlus.c
04-30-2011, 01:42 AM
In 2008 leaked casting document, Cave said that he is dead, but is inside a computer.

ralphfromdk
04-30-2011, 02:15 AM
I have only one thing to say. Timetravel.

Ctu
04-30-2011, 02:16 AM
I am absolutely going to draw GLaDOS as an android catgirl now. I'll send you the picture, +rep for idea!

I want a copy of that pic :)

Jowo
04-30-2011, 02:30 AM

I thought he died of moon poisoning

joelyay
04-30-2011, 02:38 AM
In 2008 leaked casting document, Cave said that he is dead, but is inside a computer.

where is the soucre?
I think I saw it before anyway, some where, a while a go.

xdiesp
04-30-2011, 02:41 AM
Why do you think they sealed the old Aperture labs? Because there's Mecha Johnson buried in there somewhere!

And as long as you don't see his tomb, all bets are open. Altough honestly, I would have happily traded Whitley for a Core Johnson.

Xanoxis
04-30-2011, 03:15 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100306014536/half-life/en/images/c/cd/02622055.965.png <-- from first ARG.

Ptidus
04-30-2011, 03:24 AM
where is the soucre?
I think I saw it before anyway, some where, a while a go.
It was when Portal 2 had no portals or GLaDOS. It was a prequel and the main villain was C.J's personality, in a robot like GLaDOS.

devil112233
04-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Cave johnson was put into the turret

Strong I
04-30-2011, 08:51 AM
What if that was something GLaDOS did, out of spite? Cave managed to survive, just in time, and Caroline, who we know was put into GLaDOS, forgetting all morality, just decided that rather than killing him outright, because of the fond memories she sub-consciosly has, just stuffed him into a turret?

GLaDOSv3.11
04-30-2011, 08:51 AM
I want a copy of that pic :)

Sure. I'm trying to decide on the right style(anime is the only way to draw android catgirls and everyone knows it, but I need to decide on the right style)

bigcow200
04-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Sure. I'm trying to decide on the right style(anime is the only way to draw android catgirls and everyone knows it, but I need to decide on the right style)

use the portal comic style it will work

Debug Mode
04-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Great! Now we need someone for putting a model of it ingame

GLaDOSv3.11
04-30-2011, 09:02 AM
use the portal comic style it will work

I hate that style.

I think I'll draw different versions, everyone can choose one, and I'll color it in Gimp/ArtRage.

Debug Mode
04-30-2011, 09:03 AM
It was when Portal 2 had no portals or GLaDOS. It was a prequel and the main villain was C.J's personality, in a robot like GLaDOS.
I hope they'll keep that for P3 or DLC, since this sounds f*cking hillarious!

MrtiansinUranus
04-30-2011, 09:13 AM
It is likely that that turret was Cave, but really, we all just ASSUME he is dead..

I believe Cave said Caroline should run the place if cave dies before they put him in a robot. Maybe Caroline was just a b*tch and used that as a loophole. Maybe Cave is backed up on a disk, he just isn't running Aperture.

Because when Cave ran Aperture, the company went down the tubes. When Caroline ran it, Aperture starts kicking Black Mesa's a♥s. Maybe they backed up Cave's memory but never had time to make him a robot before he died. As it was in a recording played over and over every day, he was not yet a robot, meaning Caroline should run Aperture.

Caroline then got GLaDOS built and continued to run Aperture.

Kr1sP
04-30-2011, 09:59 AM

so he may not be dead.

They were advertisements, for advertising. Your over analyzing. In the L4D2 ad you climbed up a burning roller coaster and caught your friend as it exploded. That never happened either.

I also heard around that time that he was running old Aperture thinking it was not run down and he wanted to continue testing. That never happened, I think they just scrapped it. Kind of sad really, the prerecorded messages were cool but the story could have still been told like that.

GLaDOSv3.11
04-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Back on the catgirl android, how much like GLaDOS should she look? It's more difficult than I thought. I have a really cute drawing of a CAtDOS, but she doesn't look much like GLaDOS(then again, what do you expect? I'm drawing a catgirl android version of her...)