PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still play this game anymore?

glace07
04-30-2011, 10:20 AM
I saw this game in my local Gamestop, but it's my understanding that you can just DL this game for free via Steam. I've always wanted to give it a try... but will I have anyone to play with if I get it?

Quick
04-30-2011, 11:54 AM
this game is not on steam anymore, they removed it while back ago. I didnt got a chance to DL it :(

will_save
04-30-2011, 05:16 PM
this game is not on steam anymore, they removed it while back ago. I didnt got a chance to DL it :(

Not true. I just downloaded it to a different steam account a couple weeks ago.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851573

Quick
05-01-2011, 01:57 AM
Well this is odd, but thanks.

PaterFrog
09-09-2011, 02:52 AM
So, is BattleForge still being played? Will I find somebody to play with or against at all times? Is the support still active? Thanks for answering :D

UmiKaru
10-06-2011, 09:29 PM
there are still plenty of ppl who play it. BUT steam seems to have decided to hide it from its stores and whatnot. but there is still a steam download link that makes steam give it to you. need to find it though.

NicoRey27
11-19-2011, 07:42 AM
The game is downloadable from its official website anyway. Probably EA decided to take it off Steam because of Origin or something?

Standoff
11-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Steam took it off when it went free to play, marking the beginning of the uneasy peace between EA and Valve. Steam didn't host F2P titles back then.

It is not available on Origin either, yet (though there's a link to download it externally in Origin now, which is...pathetic. Hopefully they'll be doing full conversion later.)

I love the game and am still highly active. Sounds like the high end players are getting restless waiting for the new expansion (whereas I'm fairly high end, not quite their level) so are looking for other things to do, but that should be fixed soon with the new expansion. We think. It's a small dev and they have't shared much, so I'd think they're pretty busy.

Zmaxter
01-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I saw this game in my local Gamestop, but it's my understanding that you can just DL this game for free via Steam. I've always wanted to give it a try... but will I have anyone to play with if I get it?

If you download for free, you get 32 cards, if you actually buy the game you get a ♥♥♥♥ton of cards and BFP(Game's currency)
So yeah... you can get the BFP and cards for free anyway, it just is VERY hard.

BigDaddyGoose
01-17-2012, 06:24 AM
My sons and I play occasionally. We only stopped playing because we could not find anyone to play with.

Hit me up anytime you want to play.

Linkk
01-27-2012, 01:37 AM
its not only that noone else is playing that game. It seeme like the developer don't believe in it anymore. They released some information for a free DLC one or two years ago and there is still nothing. In my opinion the game was sentenced to death when they started to make the game free2play. The chat, to team up and find other player, was full with free2play people who just want some cards...

Speeksel
07-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Played it 2 years ago i think, it's was definitly fun with a friend :)