PDA

View Full Version : Achievements

Chris Fifty-Two
05-01-2011, 03:34 AM
First of all I just want to say thanks for a great game. Really like it so far and it feels polished well beyond my expectations. Really like the art style (very Cortex Command-esque) and the gameplay.

Quite like the achievements as well as it makes you play the levels several times in quite different ways to get them all. One thing about the achievements though is that they only trigger for me once I exit the game and not at the moment when I actually do the requirements. Might have been intentional from your side but its not really an ideal way to do it. Would like to see it changed to trigger automatic.

Also have some problems getting certain achievements to trigger correctly, I currently have 4/18 when I look at my stat-page ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969417973/stats/appid/95300/achievements ) but when I look at the list in my library it shows 8/18 which should be the currect one as I have done an additional 4 (the ones not showing on the stat page is Xenocide, Survivalist, Rookie and Ensign).

Think it might actually be a problem with how the game reports progress (with them triggering as you exit the game) as for the first four they all popped as soon as I left the game but nothing happened after I had gained the other four and now they are not showing up on my page at all.

Edit:
I solved the problem as it turned out that the game had left a lingering process running and as soon as I killed it with the task manager the achievements popped.

FuuKuy
05-06-2011, 12:30 AM
And the achievements integration with STEAM Commmunity is still buged. I mean, there's no direct link to check your stats or see the global stats or leaderboards.