PDA

View Full Version : Cannot see mouse in Warband

MadSkillz1o1
05-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I've just bought this game on Steam, however I cannot play it. The mouse freezes in the menu, and I cannot move it. Actually, I can move it, but I can't see the cursor. I can still click on things, but I have to guess where the mouse it. I've checked on some online forums and came to the conclusion that the problem is I'm using text scaling in Windows 7. I have a big monitor and I like big icons and text, so I have everything scaled to 150%. When I change the settings to 100%, I can see the mouse in Warband, however everything else outside the game is so small I can't use my computer. I've tried disabling the DPI scaling in the program properties (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband) and changing the properties of mb_warband.exe to "Disable display scaling on high DPI setting". This didn't fix the problem.

My question is, how do I get the mouse to show up without having to change the scaling of my whole system ? Thanks in advance.

Asphe
05-02-2011, 01:42 AM
A sort of work-around is to switch between in Windowed/Full-Screen mode with the ALT-ENTER keys. It's messy but gives you a clue to the current cursor position.

MadSkillz1o1
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
A sort of work-around is to switch between in Windowed/Full-Screen mode with the ALT-ENTER keys. It's messy but gives you a clue to the current cursor position.

Yeah, currently I'm doing this, but I don't like it. I've BOUGHT this game, and it's suffering from such a crippling bug that it's unplayable on my machine. No other game has this problem.

Does anyone have any other ideas ?

Asphe
05-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Well... if you use Win7/Vista, you can load a different display profile under a different UserID. You can actually do this in XP/2K too but Win7/Vista allows a more completely customized display profile.

So leave your normal user/profiles alone but create another user but with 100% dpi scaling. To play, just log in as the new user (you don't need to log off and you can switch between the two on the fly).

MadSkillz1o1
05-03-2011, 06:25 AM
Well... if you use Win7/Vista, you can load a different display profile under a different UserID. You can actually do this in XP/2K too but Win7/Vista allows a more completely customized display profile.

So leave your normal user/profiles alone but create another user but with 100% dpi scaling. To play, just log in as the new user (you don't need to log off and you can switch between the two on the fly).

This sounds like a good idea. I'm only worried about having 2 accounts open that it will slow down my computer a bit. But this is better than nothing. Thanks.

Asphe
05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
It will only 'slow' you down if you're on account A and you have something running on account B... which means you won't notice it anyway. Just don't try to run TF2 on A and Warband on B at the same time ^-^.

angrytigerp
05-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Yeah, currently I'm doing this, but I don't like it. I've BOUGHT this game, and it's suffering from such a crippling bug that it's unplayable on my machine. No other game has this problem.

Does anyone have any other ideas ?

I'd hardly call it a 'crippling bug'. You've found a solution, the only thing preventing you from using it is your own personal preference. You make it sound like there is no solution.