PDA

View Full Version : So Much Potential

Sethybeeee
05-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Playing through the first couple of levels in mirror's edge was amazing. I love when a game takes chances and does something new, but when the combat was introduced I almost cried. It slows down the gameplay so much which is a big deal in a game that emphasizes running and the flow of parkour.

tippy25
05-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Try running past the cops. It'll really add to the intensity having bullets whizzing by your head as you run, and it will add to the challenge as well. Very rarely is combat required in this game. More often than not you'll be able to just run past everyone if you can pick your route carefully enough.

Pothocket
05-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Combat has it's own flow to it and it can be done quickly if you're good enough. I like it. Rush the first guy, take his gun, use it to shoot the 2nd guy, drop it and keep running.

I know alot of people harp on this game for having any combat sections but I think they provide a nice change of pace.

tippy25
05-15-2011, 01:11 AM
Combat has it's own flow to it and it can be done quickly if you're good enough. I like it. Rush the first guy, take his gun, use it to shoot the 2nd guy, drop it and keep running.

I know alot of people harp on this game for having any combat sections but I think they provide a nice change of pace.

Agreed. The game provides several options on how to handle combat situations. I find myself adapting my strategy to the type and quantity of opponents as well as what kind of mood I'm in.

crayZsaaron
08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah, there are only a couple of places where you actually need to kill the marked baddies. Most of the time you can run past them, though it's dangerous.