PDA

View Full Version : Vegetation gone white?

Nergalwaja
05-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I just installed a second 470 GTX and running 2 of them in SLI. I went to run OA when I noticed that on the ground all of the vegetation had a white outline to it and even completely white. From the air at a certain height the vegetation goes back to normal but from a certain height off the ground and on the ground the white comes back. The buildings and everything else are fine, just the vegetation. Any reason why?

TimeNinja
05-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Sounds like its having problems with the transparency around the edges of plants. From what ive read in various places, thats a common problem in any game while using SLI. Beyond that, I wouldnt know what to do, as I long ago decided my sli system wasnt worth the problems and sold my second video card.

maturin
05-02-2011, 10:40 PM
It's not that.

Go into your user config file, located in Documents, and find the AToC entry. Change =7 to =0.

Your framerate should get better too.

Nergalwaja
05-03-2011, 06:32 AM
If I do the same process in plain Arma 2 will that give me better framerate as well? Operation Arrowhead has always played smoother than Arma 2 and I'd like Arma 2 to run just as well as OA if possible.

maturin
05-03-2011, 02:36 PM
No, AToC does not exist in Arma 2. OA simply has a better engine.

The Chernarus map can be optimized heavily with mods, however.