PDA

View Full Version : Better weapon selection needed

Varsity
05-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Combat is lots of fun, until you need to change weapon. I have these problems:

It's hard to see what gun you have out in a fight without firing it.
Scrolling the mouse wheel is unpredictable, because results depend on what guns you have ammo for.
Using the number keys is fiddly (need to reposition hand) and might not do anything.
I don't want to pull out the rocket launcher or quasar gun by accident!

The current system could definitely be improved. I think that two changes would address most of the problem: flashing the icon of the current weapon, translucent and huge, just below the player whenever a change is made; and changing the shape and colour of the cursor whenever a self-damage weapon is being held.

Tulipopa
05-06-2011, 10:50 AM
The icon does flash when you change weapons. However, I agree that it would be nice if the cursor changes from blue to red whenever you have self-damaging weapon on hand.

I change my weapons through the numbers and I have never had any problems. You just need to learn which weapon is in which number (for example pulsar is 2 and flamethrower is 3), once you have learned them, the change will happen fast and smooth. If the weapon doesn't change, you pressed the wrong number and that weapon didn't have any ammo.

FuuKuy
05-06-2011, 11:47 AM
The crosshair should change depending in which weapon do you have selected, and it should react to damage deal too.