PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG! You guys need to advertise for this game! Hats for TF2? Bigger sale? Funny vid?

Lexinator
05-06-2011, 11:46 AM
You guys did an awesome job. I bought this because I saw the gameplay video after having the game be recommended by Steam, and I have to say, it does NOT disappointed.

This game is addicting and incredibly fun. Yes, it has its problems (no save, no multiplayer are my two biggest ones). But the game is simply incredible as it is.

You deserve a lot more sales. I know if people are more aware of this game, they will buy it. Moreover, If this game is even a hint of what we can expect from you, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.

So how about you make a deal with Valve to offer the mining hats for TF2? I know a lot of people that would buy it JUST for the hats, and when they play it, they will be hooked.

Another option would be to have a sale on the game, although that would tick me off a bit since i just bought it. To combat this, you can have a "buy one, get on free" sale on the game. I would gladly buy another copy for my wife and give a copy to a friend.

Finally, some funny music video or something would go a long way to raise awareness of this game. The only reason I bought PvZ was because of the video, and that game did not disappointed either.

Either way, good luck devs!

What do you steam users think of these ideas? Good? Bad? Should I just shut up and go back to playing?

Lurpsukka
05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
We need more achievements and leaderboards :D

Something like dig million squares to keep us busy and separate leaderboards for the amount of enemies killed and dwarves spawned etc.

NorthStar462
05-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Oh lord... TF2 hats have turned into bait on a hook, ready to lure the kiddies into purchasing games they have no interest in with their parents' money. But by all means, lure them, if it means more money going to games that are actually fun.

howhigh1337
05-06-2011, 12:19 PM
i guess all we can do right now is recomment game to friends via that new steam option :)

Haihaine
05-06-2011, 12:49 PM
i guess all we can do right now is recomment game to friends via that new steam option :)

This is probably the best way you can help us right now! The more word gets around, the better! :)

Both us at Power of Two and the good folks over at Tripwire are trying to think of fun ways to market the game! We... we don't want to use the hat trick... b-but all the gold... we can't resist :eek:

(Nothing is planned at the moment, but I wouldn't oppose a hat deal... after all, I want that hat! :D)

NorthStar462
05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Hat trick... lol!

Sierra Oscar
05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
This game is addictive! Tis great fun. :)

flava_clown
05-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Both us at Power of Two and the good folks over at Tripwire are trying to think of fun ways to market the game! We... we don't want to use the hat trick... b-but all the gold... we can't resist :eek:

since you talk about Tripwire, what about a (free) Dwarf character DLC for KF to promote this game? ;)

RaranTroff
05-06-2011, 01:20 PM
That would be awesome. KF with dwarf char skins. A 4 skin/char pack would be perfect. Goblin, Shamen, Digger, and Warrior. Could even do a special event/map you can keep after the event that is dwarf themed. Not that the game needs it at all but it would be cool.

The TF2 hat route is done to death so its good yall don't want to go there. That rarely leads to long term supports, just hat/item collectors.

flava_clown
05-06-2011, 01:28 PM
That would be awesome. KF with dwarf char skins. A 4 skin/char pack would be perfect. Goblin, Shamen, Digger, and Warrior. Could even do a special event/map you can keep after the event that is dwarf themed. Not that the game needs it at all but it would be cool.

i thought also about a dwarf themed map, where players can die by water or lava, when blowing up the wrong wall or unwielding the wrong doors ;)

though i don't know if the engine would allow the flooding of a room...

bassmaster
05-06-2011, 01:36 PM
A kf skin would be really good and is diferent from the hat offers of tf2 that there is already too many of them and because of that, ofc many people don't bother getting them (just if the offer is really cheap), but a kf skin being so rare (the ball was the only skin deal like this) that more people might get it, rather a tf2 hat.

And more achievements would be good to bring more achievement hunters that are on the fence of buying it or waiting for some deal because of the "low" number of achievements.

Just my opinion :cool:

Edit: Or you can always do both a skin for KF and a hat for TF2, double profit!!1!1!11!!
A miner skin for kf would be really cool.

Lexinator
05-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Edit: Or you can always do both a skin for KF and a hat for TF2, double profit!!1!1!11!!
A miner skin for kf would be really cool.

This would indeed be epic! Skins and hats! Hmmmm. I would probably buy another one just for that. Well, maybe if it was discounted a bit more. How about $5 off if you already bought a copy? Or like I said, have a buy one get one sale (2 pack or something).

Another idea would be a big ad on the Steam front page like this EA "sale" on games I already have lol. Did that cost them extra? Do you need a certain % discount to get a big sale ad like that? Do you need to pay Steam more money? Did you guys explore that option?

So far I got two more friends to buy this game after they watched me play. Now we just need some sort of co-op (please please please)and it would be great.

My main problem is that most of my friends play TF2 and a hat deal would bring over at least 4 more people. Then, once they have the game, they may as well play it and get hooked.

Man, I can't stress enough how awesome multiplayer co-op would be for this game. I would probably play it more than Magica, and I currently play that with 7 other friends.

NorthStar462
05-06-2011, 04:58 PM
OR, you could charge 0.01 and sell a HUNDRED MILLION copies!!?!?

Lexinator
05-06-2011, 05:27 PM
This is the sort of game I'd be quite happy to pay 2.50 for, 3 max, but 7? No. If things are priced cheaply, they sell bucket loads, take the current crysis deal, a triple A title that's around 6 and now top of the sellers despite being an old game. If dwarfs was 2.50 I bet it would soon be top;)

Well having purchased the game at almost "full" price I would be upset if they priced it at anything much lower than it is now, but if it gets them more sales, and the game gets more support I could get over it.

What they could do is lower the price to $5 right now, and then have a "multiplayer mode" dlc available (for $5) that would be free for those of us that bought it before it became $5.

So they would still get $10 total and be encouraged to release that multiplayer patch I am dreaming about.

But I see your point, quite often I sort Steam games by using the "under $5 link" and having this there would most likely net them a lot more sales.

JinseiZetsumei
05-06-2011, 10:59 PM
This is probably the best way you can help us right now! The more word gets around, the better! :)

(Nothing is planned at the moment, but I wouldn't oppose a hat deal... after all, I want that hat! :D)

I hope that if you get a chance to do the 'hat trick' you go for it. Nothing wrong with getting some love from valve.

I really want to play this game, I've only played the demo so far, but out of money. So I'm waiting for a chance to dig me up some coins in the yard so I can buy this game.

Here's hoping I don't hit the septic tank or water main! I can't make walls as fast as the dwarf overseer.

zoolicious
05-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Well having purchased the game at almost "full" price I would be upset if they priced it at anything much lower than it is now, but if it gets them more sales, and the game gets more support I could get over it.

What they could do is lower the price to $5 right now, and then have a "multiplayer mode" dlc available (for $5) that would be free for those of us that bought it before it became $5.

So they would still get $10 total and be encouraged to release that multiplayer patch I am dreaming about.

But I see your point, quite often I sort Steam games by using the "under $5 link" and having this there would most likely net them a lot more sales.

I'd fully understand being upset, thing is, every game gets reduced in price at some point and quicker than you might expect sometimes, be it xmas time on steam or weekend deals.

Maybe steam will have a special summer sizzler sale, can't remember if they do but wouldn't be surprised if they did.

So if you're prepared to wait just that bit longer then save your cash for those deals, the game isn't going to get worse just because it's a few months old, infact it may well be better with updated patches, then you can be happy with having a better game at lower price and spend the saved cash on another deal:)

Plants vs Zombies was on sale the other day, think it was around 2+. Wish I hadn't bought it when it was full price a few months back, it's a fun game but just another example of should have waited, so please could you guys reduce the price!

Haihaine
05-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I'd fully understand being upset, thing is, every game gets reduced in price at some point and quicker than you might expect sometimes, be it xmas time on steam or weekend deals.

Maybe steam will have a special summer sizzler sale, can't remember if they do but wouldn't be surprised if they did.

So if you're prepared to wait just that bit longer then save your cash for those deals, the game isn't going to get worse just because it's a few months old, infact it may well be better with updated patches, then you can be happy with having a better game at lower price and spend the saved cash on another deal:)

Plants vs Zombies was on sale the other day, think it was around 2+. Wish I hadn't bought it when it was full price a few months back, it's a fun game but just another example of should have waited, so please could you guys reduce the price!

Just want to jump in with a small-scale developer's perspective on this.

It's absolutely fine to wait for a sale. All games will get there, including this game. Right now you can get Dead Space for 3.75 instead of the 40 or so you'd pay for it three years ago.

But, if you want to show your support for a game, you really should consider if it isn't worth buying the game closer to release! Not for the sake of our wallets, but a good reception increases the chance of continued developer support for an indie game by a lot.

We had planned to support Dwarfs!? with patches and additional content, and are sticking to those plans because of the great reception and all cool guys posting on these forums. Would we have done that if people waited for Christmas to buy it for 2.50? No, we would be out looking for a different line of work most likely... :P

So, while you're right about a game not becoming worse from people not buying it, it certainly won't get any better either! If you like a game and want the developer to know this, an early purchase might be worth it. Just my two cents. :)

acare84
05-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Price is really good for this game. Game has a lot of modes, replayability and it is really fun and addictive. You must buy the game. I hope we will see a lot of patches, addons and DLC's. :)

Dreadjaws
05-07-2011, 02:22 PM
None of that "I would like a lower price" or "Wait for a sale" bull, please. This game is worth every penny. In fact, I sort of regret not having waited until the discount was lifted to buy it at full price. These developers deserve the support.

Lurpsukka
05-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I have already over 10 hours on this game, that's less than 80 cents per hour. And I haven't even started!

Great value.

Einherjah
05-07-2011, 02:41 PM
As I see it, indie companies are the best thing in the industry right now, I rather buy games like Magicka, Super meat boy and Dwarfs?! for the full price then pay 60$ on yet another generic FPS.

ohn03s
05-07-2011, 02:58 PM
As I see it, indie companies are the best thing in the industry right now, I rather buy games like Magicka, Super meat boy and Dwarfs?! for the full price then pay 60$ on yet another generic FPS.

To be honest, I also catch myself at that time after time. The thing is, Indies have in general more passion about what they do(Hence I say in general, not all large developers have lost it). People with enough passion and income have the habit to improve their product to sell even better which is the major difference between most Indies and most AAA types of games.

insanity99
05-07-2011, 05:32 PM
@zoolicious: your waiting for a sale? it's seven pound man! for that you get a the arcade experience, loads of modes like endless, sandbox and others, plus the tower defence mode. its already a bargain, i cant wait to see what content you guys have planned for the future, how about a hint guys? just give us a little tease at what you got planned :D

@Einherjah: i agree, for example look at some of the stuff the guys developing overgrowth are doing. they are doing stuff no big game companies like EA are doing with physics, look at the last update with amazing weapon physics.