PDA

View Full Version : still cant play demo

lawsie69
05-06-2011, 02:33 PM
demo just launches with black screen with music and stuff in background, before we had a setup tool that let us select the res of the game which never worked now there has been a small patch and that has been totally removed even though it never worked, so in essence a totally uplayable game unless i get a monitor which runs at stupidly high resolution. Advice?

lawsie69
05-08-2011, 11:12 AM
bump, any help at all?

ekees
05-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I see the exact same behavior described above. Not going to buy the game until I have played the demo first.

ATTN DEVS: Please tell us how to manually set the resolution via file or registry edit. This would help us solve our problem, and you'll get your ten bucks (minus Steam charges) from each of us.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I have written up a solution for this issue. Please go here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1966208

cobrainuk
05-23-2011, 09:14 PM
This is also happening with my paid full version not the demo (see me tread sorry didnt read it was happening with the demo version as well) but i do have a 22" 1680x1050 monitor BTW ,but my version worked the first time its installed but not after that

pwnznewbz
05-24-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm having the same issue, but mine doesn't launch with a black screen. I get past the opening sequence of images of the space guy then the game crashes to my desktop while the background music is still playing.

I looked at some reviews and really want to try this out before buying. Might want to get the demo to work to sell more copies.