PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 Idle server's?

zalax
05-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Before read i will regreat if i missed another threath or miss undestod somethin the certain in this post, i will also be sorry for my langauge since i'm not from English talking contry.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I asked a friend if i knew about a way to get fast item's that dosen't include hack or any sort of cheat. He referd me to "Achivements Idle" servers. I read alot about thiese server's and watched some film's on Youtube, and it looked pretty easy and interresting. But my question is/are, is there any sort of cheat in thiese "idle" servers and would/can they get me banned. Also how does they actually work? You stay afk in a corner for what, 6hours and get like 4 or 5 items?

Ps. I haven't tryed these servers yet since i don't want to risk my steam account's vertification on that.

Thanks for reading and hope you got my answers

Best reagards
BlackPerl (No "perl" is not spelled wrong:D)

Edit: Pleas answer all the questions if you can :)

thejuice027
05-07-2011, 12:58 PM
you cannot get banned from server mods.

Exil
05-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Idling in a server won't get you banned, server mods won't get you banned (in TF2 at least :p)

cylon
05-07-2011, 01:39 PM
No.

Idle servers are only really of any benefit to you if you play less than approx 10 hours per week. All you do is idle and get your drops for the week in one go as opposed to playing and getting your drops as you play.

In the "olden days" before there was a cap on the number of items you can get in a week people would idle for days/weeks at a time and get loads of items. These days as you are limited to about 10 items per week they're only of worth if you don't play that much anyway.

Although you don't need to go onto an idle server. Just create a game on your LAN and connect to it by yourself and you can get all the items too. I don't think that even loads VAC.

- If you mean you also want to gain achievements, then yes after so many achievements for each class you DO GET extra weapons, but you only get these the first time you get the achievements.