PDA

View Full Version : 2 mode playlist?

jdub
05-07-2011, 07:13 PM
My friends and i recently rented a server and i have a quick question about setting playlists. How would you go about setting exclusions for game modes in the default rcon tool when the preset playlists are game mode specific? For example: We want to play demolition and domination on 3 or four maps, so we have it set on Demolition (18 Players). We have all the maps we don't want excluded, and all game modes except domination excluded, but it never rotates to domination, just the maps change. How do you run two different game modes in your map rotation?

Short version: How do you run 2 different game modes (dem and dom) in your playlist?

EDIT: And is there a way to add reserved slots to ranked servers yet? Thanks for the help!

jdub
05-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Nobody eh?

osigurac
05-08-2011, 12:22 AM
select TEAM TACTICAL, be it barebones, HC or regular. Then you need to exclude all of the maps under CTF, TDM and S&D. All maps need to be excluded for those gametypes and any other ones you dont want under DOM and DEM.

hope it helps.

DjDanee87
05-08-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm not a server owner, never was in any game. But from what i see in BO i have to say there has to be a program behind these servers. They warn people twice using forbidden stuff (concussion for example) announced by console in the chat. Also they automatically kick you for the 3rd time.

That's just one thing. There are servers where it says on the start of the map what will be the next game mode. I think these use some kind of program to do all these stuff

jdub
05-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm not a server owner, never was in any game. But from what i see in BO i have to say there has to be a program behind these servers. They warn people twice using forbidden stuff (concussion for example) announced by console in the chat. Also they automatically kick you for the 3rd time.

That's just one thing. There are servers where it says on the start of the map what will be the next game mode. I think these use some kind of program to do all these stuff

Must be a third party rcon tool. The rcon that comes with blops has preset playlists, based on game modes, 1 playlist for each game mode. Then you set exclusions (maps or modes you don't want) for the playlist from a drop down. The thing is, i want more than 1 game mode in the rotation, but it seemingly only allows 1 game mode per playlist. When you set your server to , say, Team Deathmatch, its only going to play TDM matches, and if you exclude all game modes except TDM and one other, it will still only play TDM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWqh0sSb7E&feature=related is the gameservers.com linked tutorial, but the guy barely covers playlists. I know how to exclude maps, thats the easy part. ;) Then he goes on to talk about server messages, which is also pretty easy to set up through the blops rcon.

jdub
05-08-2011, 06:19 PM
select TEAM TACTICAL, be it barebones, HC or regular. Then you need to exclude all of the maps under CTF, TDM and S&D. All maps need to be excluded for those gametypes and any other ones you dont want under DOM and DEM.

hope it helps.

Drrrrr....thanks, helped a lot!