PDA

View Full Version : how many hours long is the game?

trek554
05-08-2011, 04:09 PM
sorry I have not done much research on this game but was curious as to what the gameplay length should be. I assume it will be longer than the 360 version so if so if someone can give my a typical length for that game it would be great.

trek554
05-08-2011, 06:47 PM
so why would 27 people look at the title of the thread and click on it if they have no answer? lol

Solon25
05-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Read this http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1124

Dark Energy has postet it everywhere on side 1 or 2 :)

DarkByke
05-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Obviously it depends on your style of play, but you can expect about 5-8 hours for the main campaign, then there is an unlockable score attack challenge room once you complete the game :)

Posted by a Dev.

trek554
05-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Posted by a Dev.yeah I just came across that by searching for "hours" since "length" had turned up nothing, but thanks.

DarkByke
05-08-2011, 11:38 PM
No worries :) I've never heard of this game before either but can't wait to play, looks pretty awesome

MADDOGGE
05-09-2011, 08:07 AM
6-8 hours depending on your play style. If you are one of those Mensa geniuses though that always sees the correct solution and finished Portal 1 in 30 minute your first run and P2 in an hour then probably less. It good value for the price.

Jaheebus
05-09-2011, 08:16 AM
6-8 hours depending on your play style. If you are one of those Mensa geniuses though that always sees the correct solution and finished Portal 1 in 30 minute your first run and P2 in an hour then probably less. It good value for the price.

Portal 1 took me 2 hours lol, most of the solutions stare you in the face but I seem to over look them.

Same for Portal 2. Obvious puzzles but I complicate it more in my mind when really it's an easy solution. :o

An idea, if there is a score attack room? or something, it'd be awesome if they did the WHOLE game, after completing it as a score attack... :confused:

Racking up points, electrocuting people in the water and blowing them up for multipliers also doing it as fast as you can gives more points...

Just a thought.

DarkEnergy
05-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Portal 1 took me 2 hours lol, most of the solutions stare you in the face but I seem to over look them.

Same for Portal 2. Obvious puzzles but I complicate it more in my mind when really it's an easy solution. :o

An idea, if there is a score attack room? or something, it'd be awesome if they did the WHOLE game, after completing it as a score attack... :confused:

Racking up points, electrocuting people in the water and blowing them up for multipliers also doing it as fast as you can gives more points...

Just a thought.

Well you'll be happy to know that there is a score attack mode built into the game which works just as you describe. There is a leaderboard for each of the 3 acts of the game and one for the whole game plus the one for the challenge room :)

MADDOGGE
05-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Well you'll be happy to know that there is a score attack mode built into the game which works just as you describe. There is a leaderboard for each of the 3 acts of the game and one for the whole game plus the one for the challenge room :)I haven't done much in the challenge room other than play with the water because frankly I'm unsure exactly what I'm supposed to be doing there specifically. I didn't see any instructions or I missed them.:o

@Jaheebus sometimes being a genus can be a pain.:( I got 14 hours out of P2 on the first run through.:D COGS may take me the rest of the year to finish.:o

Jaheebus
05-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Well you'll be happy to know that there is a score attack mode built into the game which works just as you describe. There is a leaderboard for each of the 3 acts of the game and one for the whole game plus the one for the challenge room :)

Great :cool: glad to hear this! wasn't sure how far you went with this score attack mode. But sounds awesome :D

@Jaheebus sometimes being a genus can be a pain.:( I got 14 hours out of P2 on the first run through.:D COGS may take me the rest of the year to finish.:o

About the same Game time for Portal 2 for me, also. Did you mean Genius or Genus? I don't know what a Genus is :$ The white gel room really had me confused