PDA

View Full Version : I pre-ordered Witcher 2 when it first came out on Steam, do i still own it?

alison22000
05-08-2011, 09:36 PM
I pre-ordered The Witcher 2 when it was first able to be ordered on Steam and then it was removed because of the Classification ratings and now it has been added again, but as I know it is MA 15+ now.

My Problem/Question is, that even though I pre-ordered the original copy that was something like $40.00 at that time, will I still get everything that i was told i would get on the Store Page. Will i still get the game?

I ask this question due to the Store Page that usually when I purchase a game and then look at it again at Store Page, the Store Page will state that I already have a copy of this game and or version. When I look at it right now it doesn't say that and it has the ad to cart -10% $67.49 USD for Pre-Purchase The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Edition

Now I know it was that type of version I purchased, because it had all those things that are listed in the pre-order where your meant to get the Papercrafts, Pamphlet, Game Manual, Game Guide, World Map and the Soundtrack and Making-of Bonus thing. I know I wont actually be sent these to my home and I will only be able to get them through the internet.

But when I look at my library where the Witcher 2 game is listed, it doesn't say anything except The Witcher 2. So because of all of this, the price change, the rated version changing etc, I wish to know if I will still receive what I paid for or am I going to be forced to pay extra or to re-order it or if there is anything I need to worry about.

I am an Australian, so I know the classification was changed etc, I am just worried if I am going to be made to pay extra which i think is a bit much to ask for when I ordered it before it was taken off the store list and just need to make sure i will still get everything I originally paid for.

Thanks to anyone who will shine the bright light into my love for this game and I pray that i will get what I paid for without any extra catches. Thank you.

E-Vader
05-09-2011, 01:34 AM
in the same boat, will find out in 9 days.

NiteHyeway
05-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Why would not get all the pre order goodies if you pre-ordered the game? Witcher 2 is all it should say, that's correct.
If past experience is anything to go by, then yes, you won't have to pay anything on top of what you already paid. Valve never ask users to pay the difference.

KeepCool
05-09-2011, 05:11 PM
same as you.

finally a non-australian thread

gentlefury
05-09-2011, 09:57 PM
If its in your library you own it.

Sepharo
05-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I have the same issue. Other than the game appearing in my Library Steam acts like I haven't bought it and won't take me to the store page properly.

gentlefury
05-11-2011, 11:16 PM
I have the same issue. Other than the game appearing in my Library Steam acts like I haven't bought it and won't take me to the store page properly.

If it's in your library, you own it.