PDA

View Full Version : How smooth are the controls?

eyehate
05-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Hey all,

I buy a heap of games here. Many way more expensive than this one - obviously. I really want to buy this, but I am concerned about the WASD and mouse controls.

How smooth are they? CoD responsive or sluggish?

Bought the first Dead Space on Steam at full price and the controls were so bad that I only played three or so times before I uninstalled it.

Are the controls for this game tight? Does it feel like a ported game?

Any input would be appreciated. Looks fantastic and I want to buy it, just don't want another purchase that is going to sit in my catalog that never gets played.

amishbass
05-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I'd say they're on the smoother side. The camera can be a little awkward every now and again but in a little over an hour of playtime I haven't had a single problem with the controls.

worschtsch
05-10-2011, 02:11 AM
this game suffers from severe jerkiness combined with second long freezes on my system.

wouldn't call that smooth.

dual core e8500
2x geforce 285
8gb ram

JudgeUK
05-10-2011, 03:52 AM
Guess the smoothness will depend on ur system, is possible certain multi core systems aren't being fully utilised. My i7-2600 with one ATI 6970 works perfect.

StingingVelvet
05-10-2011, 06:45 AM
My mouse does not track well in this game, some kind of acceleration or smoothing, not sure. I was told in another thread there are options for this but I can't find them in-game or in any config file.

That said it controls perfectly with a gamepad.

DarkEnergy
05-10-2011, 07:34 AM
My mouse does not track well in this game, some kind of acceleration or smoothing, not sure. I was told in another thread there are options for this but I can't find them in-game or in any config file.

That said it controls perfectly with a gamepad.

There isn't any acceleration so mouse control should be fine. If you go to the pause menu and select Help and Options > Settings > Game you can adjust the mouse sensitivity in there. I hope this helps and please let me know if you still have trouble.

Dave3d
05-10-2011, 11:04 AM
V-Sync off, and a 120hz monitor surely do great for me.
:)

StingingVelvet
05-10-2011, 02:34 PM
V-synch off fixed my mouse sluggishness, as I posted in my thread. Controls pretty well now, though I switched to the pad anyway. Game controls better with it (that's not a negative).

makke007
05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Game runs great.

For me i have perfect mouse control. I changed the Mouse Sensity and Camera Sensity now it`s perfect for me.

And trust me this game is wirth 10 € ($)

No other game in this price category will entertain you like this.

eyehate
05-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Thanks all.

Buying now.

giggedyguy
05-11-2011, 03:20 AM
The key bindings often reset after I leave the game. Also, if you accidentally press a keybinding it won't let you leave the dialogue unless you choose a key to map even if it's already been mapped. God forbid if you click "credits" as there is absolutely no way to exit until they're done. LOL

Metal85
05-11-2011, 04:20 AM
i still have some problems with the mouse. even after adjusting the sensitivity it is still hard to aim properly at the enemies.

DarkEnergy
05-11-2011, 05:28 AM
i still have some problems with the mouse. even after adjusting the sensitivity it is still hard to aim properly at the enemies.

Performance enhancements in the next patch might help to reduce this, keep an eye out for it and let us know if it helps once it arrives :)

marelooke
05-11-2011, 10:48 AM
There seems to be some sort of auto-aim that you can't turn off (that I found anyway) which can be a bit annoying especially when fighting partially obscured enemies, nothing using sonic bullets can't fix though.

Fox_McCloud
05-11-2011, 11:56 AM
There seems to be some sort of auto-aim that you can't turn off (that I found anyway) which can be a bit annoying especially when fighting partially obscured enemies, nothing using sonic bullets can't fix though.

I agree, I have noticed it with my xbox controller but I'm not sure about my mouse. It's only a minor annoyance though.