PDA

View Full Version : Preorder bonusses... bah...

-GLiTcHeD-
05-10-2011, 06:07 AM
The game is looking fantastic but it's dissapointing to see CD Projekt taking part in this pre-order bonus crap...

Ultimate Alchemy Suit
* A set of unique items.
* Increases the ingredient loot.
* Extends the time of potion impact.
* For alchemy-related character build.

Ultimate Magical Suit
* A set of unique items.
* Extends the new, sixth magical sign.
* Boosts the effectiveness of all magical signs.
* For magic-related character build.

Ultimate Swordsman Suit
* Boosts the sword-fighting statistics.
* Increases rare Effect’s chance.
* For sword-master character build.

Finisher Pack
* Two new finisher animations.
* Advanced fighting techniques.
* Motion-captured for this DLC.
* Not available in base game build.

Mysterious Merchant
* A special character in each chapter.
* Offering unique items for sale.
* Items you normally couldn’t buy.
* For customization fans.

C'mon, half of things I'd really want but there's only 1 store here that has a pre-order bonus and that's merchant one. I get really jarateed when developers add different pieces of DLC for pre-orders god knows where...

Well, our only hope is that it will be available as paid DLC in the very near future cuz I could do with that swordsman outfit and the finisher pack :o

Zombie.Crusher
05-10-2011, 07:48 AM
the best pre-order bonuses are a soundtrack and an artbook, imo.

Planeforger
05-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Well, our only hope is that it will be available as paid DLC in the very near future cuz I could do with that swordsman outfit and the finisher pack :o

They've said that if they ever release DLC that will cost us anything, it'll be for significant content updates/new campaigns/whatever.

Chances are all of these pre-order bonuses will be released as a free patch in a few months.

Inarborat
05-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these type of deals usually because of the publisher? It's a bunch of silly outfits, the 200+ page artbook from GOG.com is way, way better anyways.

Sm0
05-10-2011, 08:09 AM
They've said that if they ever release DLC that will cost us anything, it'll be for significant content updates/new campaigns/whatever.

Chances are all of these pre-order bonuses will be released as a free patch in a few months.

QFT

That's exactly what they've said.

-GLiTcHeD-
05-10-2011, 10:34 AM
QFT

That's exactly what they've said.

That would be so nice :D

I'd ask for a source but I'll take your word for it!

And it's even better that they won't charge us anything but seriously, a developer this great should get support for their creation unlike a cow-milking company *cough* EA / Bioware *cough*

JoeB
05-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes, I hate when publishers do this too because it makes it impossible to get all bonuses at the same time with a single purchase. It's worse when the game is a Steam exclusive (which obviously isn't the case here) yet buying it off of the steam store itself doesn't net you anything but through a retailer like GameStop, it somehow does.

On the other hand, Gog.com nets you a free game as a pre-order bonus. Can't really beat that when comparing to a mere additional in-game item or two. Especially when said games have a $10 value.

avantrefaq
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Yes, I hate when publishers do this too because it makes it impossible to get all bonuses at the same time with a single purchase. It's worse when the game is a Steam exclusive (which obviously isn't the case here) yet buying it off of the steam store itself doesn't net you anything but through a retailer like GameStop, it somehow does.

In this case getting all the extras wouldn't help in one playthrough anyway - they stated that even if you got your hands on all the dlc you could only load one dlc extras pack at a time, to avoid unbalancing the game.

Sifer2
05-10-2011, 09:39 PM
In this case getting all the extras wouldn't help in one playthrough anyway - they stated that even if you got your hands on all the dlc you could only load one dlc extras pack at a time, to avoid unbalancing the game.

Which sounds ridiculous as a reason. You can't wear more than one suit at once. The finisher animations have no effect on gameplay. I doubt Merchant is a big deal. The whole DLC thing is just stupid.

It's retailers that are to blame though. These days they bully game makers into making something exclusive for their store or they wont order as many copies or something.

Yaakkoop
05-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Anyone know when the pre-load will come? 95% and there would be a good chance to take a look at some of the stuff we're getting here on Steam.

Inarborat
05-11-2011, 01:42 AM
No pre-load on Steam, only GOG.com. Another retailer exclusive pre-order bonus!

FroggystyleXZ95
05-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Which sounds ridiculous as a reason. You can't wear more than one suit at once. The finisher animations have no effect on gameplay. I doubt Merchant is a big deal. The whole DLC thing is just stupid.

It's retailers that are to blame though. These days they bully game makers into making something exclusive for their store or they wont order as many copies or something.

It would still be unbalanced. Need magic to get through a fight? Just equip the magic costume before the battle. Need fancy swordplay? Equip the sword costume before the battle. Also, merchant trinkets plus special suits?

It would still unbalance the game.

-GLiTcHeD-
05-11-2011, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't bother equipping other items than the ones suited for my sword build.

Even if it took some balance out of the game, that's your own choice to make. Devs shouldn't limit us when we have a possibility to get more than 1 DLC pack.

And besides, if they're gonna release these bonusses later on, it would be silly to only be able to activate one at a time.