PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Menus, Whitness and Inaccessable Buttons

noxwyll
05-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Cant press New Game or Exit Game buttons.
Therefore I cant play the game.

Got some invisible menus too.
I got the game started after presing enter 100 times.
Now I see amazing whitness.
It's not playable. I cant get it working on any possible settings configuration.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/garrysnightmare/screenshot/594684767975940587

Truly amazing.

I use a ATI Radeon HD 5670

DarkEnergy
05-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Cant press New Game or Exit Game buttons.
Therefore I cant play the game.

Got some invisible menus too.
I got the game started after presing enter 100 times.
Now I see amazing whitness.
It's playable. I cant get it working on any possible settings configuration. Unplayable.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/garrysnightmare/screenshot/594684767975940587

Truly amazing.

I use a ATI Radeon HD 5670

Apologies about this issue. Suggest trying the following:

- Verifying the cache to ensure there are no missing or truncated files
- Disable SLI for the moment
- Make sure there no overrides on ATI Radeon

If none of this helps please send us your dxdiag

Once again sincere apologies for this issue we are looking into all technical issues as a priority

noxwyll
05-10-2011, 11:05 PM
You got it. None of it helps.
Gona send dxdiag later.

noxwyll
05-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Now after the update it is actually worse. I cant even use the arrow buttons or the mouse or gamepad to select any menubutton it is permantently stuck at new game and enter doesn't do anything.

I CAN NOT GET PAST THE MAIN MENU!

This is horrible. I really hope you are able to fix this.

http://garrysnightmare.com/DxDiag.txt

Here's the dxdiag.

EDIT: Just noticed that I can use the arrow keys while the camera swings towards the main menu. Enter refuses to work as well as using the mouse to select something in the menu. Once the camera gets fixed all keyboard input is useless.

DarkEnergy
05-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Now after the update it is actually worse. I cant even use the arrow buttons or the mouse or gamepad to select any menubutton it is permantently stuck at new game and enter doesn't do anything.

Here's the dxdiag.

EDIT: Just noticed that I can use the arrow keys while the camera swings towards the main menu. Enter refuses to work as well as using the mouse to select something in the menu. Once the camara gets fixed all keyboard input is useless.

Sincere apologies, we are looking into this as a priority, thanks for your patience and for providing the dxdiag :)

noxwyll
05-11-2011, 07:32 AM
The whole display settings menu is invisible.
And take a look at the reflections on the glass panel where the menu is. Something is wrong there aswell.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/garrysnightmare/screenshot/594685398977541390

DarkEnergy
05-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Update: Some of these issues are very similar to other problems reported by Radeon users. In all cases these were cured by either turning off any overrides in the ATI catalyst control panel or by reinstalling drivers.

If applicable try the above and please let us all know if it helps :)

DarkEnergy
05-11-2011, 08:01 AM

Here's the dxdiag.

EDIT: Just noticed that I can use the arrow keys while the camera swings towards the main menu. Enter refuses to work as well as using the mouse to select something in the menu. Once the camera gets fixed all keyboard input is useless.

Hi buddy. Update on your control issues. From your dxdiag it looks like you have some kind of gaming keyboard plugged in as well as another keyboard? Is this correct:

-------------------
DirectInput Devices
-------------------
Device Name: Maus
Attached: 1
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Tastatur
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Ideazon Zboard MM USB Human Interface Device
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x1038, 0x0100

If so please could you try unplugging the gaming keyboard and see if this fixes you control issues? Thanks for your patience.

noxwyll
05-11-2011, 09:43 AM
There is just one keyboard. Besides this doesn't explain why it does not work to use the mouse at the menu does it?

And I never had any issues with my keyboard.

Do people seriously use 2 keyboards? I cant even image that.

DarkEnergy
05-11-2011, 09:48 AM
There is just one keyboard. Besides this doesn't explain why it does not work to use the mouse at the menu does it?

And I never had any issues with my keyboard.

Do people seriously use 2 keyboards? I cant even image that.

Okay understood, thought it was an odd setup! Will pass this on to the technical team once again.

noxwyll
05-11-2011, 09:55 AM
I virtually disabled the keyboard.
Results in my gaming keyboard not working. Big suprise.
Disabling one of two disables my keyboard. This isn't a regular keyboard. However this doesn't explain why it partially works and partially not. Doesn't explain the whiteness and the other stuff either.

I plan to use a gamepad instead of the keyboard anyway. However the same bugs are present.

Sidenote: This is a very regular PC. Over 6 thousend of those exist in germany. I did not modify, overclock or anything else to this PC.

Regarding the drivers. They were updated just a couple of days ago. I reinstall them for you.

You sure quote a lot :P

DarkEnergy
05-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Okay thank you very much for your patience and for your help, we're still investigating these issues as a priority.

And I didn't quote! :P I get in the habit because I am trying to respond to as many people as possible and sometimes there post is way back in the thread :)

noxwyll
05-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Okay. Reinstalled the drivers. No changes. They only thing that could possibly override cc is atitray tools. Disabled it in the second try. Also no changes. I can access the game if I get to load game>continue before the camera moves up. Tho it seemed to but stuck at the beginning of the animation this time. I can use the settings buttons and load game continue (exept act selection) just fine. New game and exist game still refuse to work and the whitness is still present aswell. I use the ati try tools because ccc actualy doesnt allow the mipmaps and texture quality at max. I overwrite them with the tray tools because the fixes some texture problems with other games.

And yeah I am glad I can help fix it. And then I will be finally able to play your games :D I am looking forward too it.

And thanks for all your patience and support aswell. You and your team do a very good job. I saw some other gamedevelopers do worse ;)
I'll also become gamedev in some time :D Gona be epic!

And I didn't quote! :P I get in the habit because I am trying to respond to as many people as possible and sometimes there post is way back in the thread :)

Yeah, but it doesn't look like anybody else will dare to post in here. +QUOTE :P

Chuckadrew
05-11-2011, 02:23 PM
This is probably a really stupid suggestion, and I will get laughed at, but try a different res ;) try swapping to the one lower.

noxwyll
05-12-2011, 08:34 AM
No changes if I use a diffrent screen resolution.

Yeah, but it doesn't look like anybody else will dare to post in here.

Well I have been proven wrong.

DarkEnergy
05-12-2011, 08:44 AM
We're continuing to look at this guys. Thanks for your patience.

noxwyll
05-12-2011, 09:09 AM
That was just regarding the screne resolution. And hey they 2nd updated fixed all of my controlling issues! Well done!
The whiteness is gone aswell!!! The invisible menu finally is visible now.

TO YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
You all did a amazing job. Thanks very much.

The only thing I want to point out now are the very bad looking reflections on the glass in the menu. Aswell as the opacity of the mainmenu. If you get that working properly then everything is PERFECT :D

Thanks DarkEnergy

DarkEnergy
05-12-2011, 09:11 AM
That was just regarding the screne resolution. And hey they 2nd updated fixed all of my controlling issues! Well done!
The whiteness is gone aswell!!! The invisible menu finally is visible now.

TO YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
You all did a amazing job. Thanks very much.

The only thing I want to point out now are the very bad looking reflections on the glass in the menu. Aswell as the opacity of the mainmenu. If you get that working properly then every thing is PERFECT :D

Thanks DarkEnergy

That's great to hear and thank you for the kind words :)

noxwyll
05-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey, I can finally play the game. I am happy as hell :D

deputydwag
05-13-2011, 03:31 AM
I am still getting this issue. I've already sent over a dxdiag report to the support email address, hopefully it will be fully resolved in a later patch.

DarkEnergy
05-13-2011, 04:32 AM
I am still getting this issue. I've already sent over a dxdiag report to the support email address, hopefully it will be fully resolved in a later patch.

We're still looking at this, thank you for your continued patience.

noxwyll
05-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Do you use anything that overrides the antialiasing like ati tray tools etc?

deputydwag
05-13-2011, 07:39 AM
I do/did, but I already thought I'd set RadeonPro to use all application settings but for whatever reason this was happening (it was taking global settings from RadeonPro). I re-created a profile for Hydrophobia, and now it works.

Cheers for help.

DarkEnergy
05-13-2011, 07:51 AM
I do/did, but I already thought I'd set RadeonPro to use all application settings but for whatever reason this was happening (it was taking global settings from RadeonPro). I re-created a profile for Hydrophobia, and now it works.

Cheers for help.

That's great news, enjoy :)

DarkEnergy
05-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Do you use anything that overrides the antialiasing like ati tray tools etc?

Thank you for helping, rep++

noxwyll
05-26-2011, 11:04 PM
thank you very much.