PDA

View Full Version : uninstalling because of annoying bug.

DeadPhoenix86
05-10-2011, 04:59 PM
i posted a thread earlier on. but, I'm really pisssed off.
I've been buys for 3 hours to active a cipher. i even restarted it 2 times. and figured i might have forgotten something. but, as soon as i hit the same spot. the cipher simply refuse to activate.

i even verified my files. un-stalled and installed the game.
so, my question is? did they even tested the game before they launched it...

Fox_McCloud
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Why not wait for a patch instead of... waiting for a patch and also having to do a 5GB install?

The game has a few rough edges but this is one developer I'm willing to let off the hook. :)

The only issues I've had are 1 or 2 graphics things but they are minor. I'm not as far as you though.

DeadPhoenix86
05-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Why not wait for a patch instead of... waiting for a patch and also having to do a 5GB install?

The game has a few rough edges but this is one developer I'm willing to let off the hook. :)

The only issues I've had are 1 or 2 graphics things but they are minor. I'm not as far as you though.

yes, i will reinstall once they've released a patch for the game. i simply refuse to continue if i cannot progress because of some lame bug.

and i don't worry about the 5GB game size. my connection is fast enough to download it in no time.

Fox_McCloud
05-10-2011, 05:40 PM
yes, i will reinstall once they've released a patch for the game. i simply refuse to continue if i cannot progress because of some lame bug.

and i don't worry about the 5GB game size. my connection is fast enough to download it in no time.

My point is there is simply no need to erase the game, can you tell me how it benefits you over just leaving it in your steam list?

DeadPhoenix86
05-10-2011, 05:50 PM
it doesn't really matter to me whenever i ever un-install something or not. because, within a few weeks i will receive my new motherboard. so I'd probably have to reinstall windows anyways.

it just pissed me off that i couldn't make any progress.
it doesn't mean i want to refund my money. but, simply wait for a patch that fixes this all. so, i can reinstall it once the time is there.

i guess i lost my patience over time.

oliathsg
05-10-2011, 05:52 PM
i even verified my files. un-stalled and installed the game.
so, my question is? did they even tested the game before they launched it...

I find it ironic that you try to play this card and ask if they tested the game before launch when you clearly haven't 'tested' your post before submitting.

Dave3d
05-10-2011, 05:53 PM
it doesn't really matter to me whenever i ever un-install something or not. because, within a few weeks i will receive my new motherboard. so I'd probably have to reinstall windows anyways.

it just jarateed me off that i couldn't make any progress.
it doesn't mean i want to refund my money. but, simply wait for a patch that fixes this all. so, i can reinstall it once the time is there.

You dont have to re-install any steam games just because of that.
Just copy the steam folder somewhere else, do the upgrade/re-install os, install steam, make sure steam is no longer running, and copy the steam folder back to the installed steam.
You WILL have to restart the install of the games (it happens when you click play), but you dont have to re-download everything again.

meimeiriver
05-10-2011, 05:56 PM

Didn't we just receive a patch/update? ~200MB or so, it would seem.

DeadPhoenix86
05-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I find it ironic that you try to play this card and ask if they tested the game before launch when you clearly haven't 'tested' your post before submitting.

your not making any sense at all...

You dont have to re-install any steam games just because of that.
Just copy the steam folder somewhere else, do the upgrade/re-install os, install steam, make sure steam is no longer running, and copy the steam folder back to the installed steam.
You WILL have to restart the install of the games (it happens when you click play), but you dont have to re-download everything again.

i always reinstall my games. when i install my windows.
my internet connection has unlimited bandwidth, and it will only take a few days to reinstall all my games. its allot easier for me. because, i use multiple HDD's and SSD's. so, backing them up 1 by 1 takes allot longer then reinstalling them.

MasterKwan
05-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Didn't we just receive a patch/update? ~200MB or so, it would seem.

Didn't fix the problem. I'm in the same boat and other than a "Sorry", I can't get them to even acknowledge the bug. I'm basically stuck. It's not just the Ciphers either, In general, as the game has progressed, the Mavi's gotten more flaky.

3dReadyGamer
05-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Didn't fix the problem. I'm in the same boat and other than a "Sorry", I can't get them to even acknowledge the bug. I'm basically stuck. It's not just the Ciphers either, In general, as the game has progressed, the Mavi's gotten more flaky.

I would try changing your drivers. Maybe with newer drivers or older drivers it could fix your problem.

If that didn't work, I would try to change the EXE file to something like Rift.exe or something like that. That could help you!

Cheers!:cool:

(Patience is the 4th fruit of the Spirit)

MasterKwan
05-10-2011, 10:09 PM
It almost feels like some form of DRM, like progressive degradation as you get deeper into the game.

A - It's a $10 game though

B - It's easy to verify that I actually purchased this.

I turned off my devel environment (VC2010) in case it was unhappy that it was running. Made no difference. That might explain why they're not mentioning it in the patch notes or really confirming that there are other reports though.

meimeiriver
05-10-2011, 10:19 PM

Well, I'm on Part Two now (or Chapter, or whatever), and I haven't found any real bugs yet. Mavi works just fine. So I'm not sure where you're stuck exactly, but it's certainly not a general problem.

FAKE EDIT: Just realize it's Mavi. I kept reading it as Navi. Guess I've seen a little too much SE:Lain. :p

MADDOGGE
05-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Some people are not doing things correctly. You have to aquire each required frequency key as needed in order to see the decrypt code on the walls, in order for Mavi to decrypt the correct door. If you are missing the required key or the code Mavi isn't going to work properly.

MasterKwan
05-11-2011, 04:47 AM
I've noticed three failure modes.

1 - I'm standing in front of a cypher, it's reticule is green, it's showing "X" to read the cypher and when you press the X nothing happens.

2 - Through the CCTV camera, which you get to though Mavi, you select a door you want to open, it goes greens you hit the X, it doesn't open.

3 - You look at a CCTV through the Mavi, it goes green, you hit the X and nothing happens.

I've never had a problem getting the cypher to open a door or unencrypt something once the cypher's actually been read except in the cases where I try to open a door through a CCTV link.

DeadPhoenix86
05-11-2011, 06:03 AM
I've noticed three failure modes.

1 - I'm standing in front of a cypher, it's reticule is green, it's showing "X" to read the cypher and when you press the X nothing happens.

2 - Through the CCTV camera, which you get to though Mavi, you select a door you want to open, it goes greens you hit the X, it doesn't open.

3 - You look at a CCTV through the Mavi, it goes green, you hit the X and nothing happens.

I've never had a problem getting the cypher to open a door or unencrypt something once the cypher's actually been read except in the cases where I try to open a door through a CCTV link.

I'm getting the very same problem here too. reloading the last checkpoints seemed to fix the problem temporary. but, the last part i was at. i reloaded the checkpoint like 10 times. and still the cipher didn't respond if hit the X button.

in this room i got stuck:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/deadp/HydroPC2011-05-1022-57-07-40.jpg

and this is what happens whenever i try to press to active the cipher. so basically...nothing happens.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/deadp/HydroPC2011-05-1023-02-00-21.jpg

DarkEnergy
05-11-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm getting the very same problem here too. reloading the last checkpoints seemed to fix the problem temporary. but, the last part i was at. i reloaded the checkpoint like 10 times. and still the cipher didn't respond if hit the X button.

in this room i got stuck:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/deadp/HydroPC2011-05-1022-57-07-40.jpg

and this is what happens whenever i try to press to active the cipher. so basically...nothing happens.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/deadp/HydroPC2011-05-1023-02-00-21.jpg

Thanks for the info, there's another thread where this has been raised and we're looking into it :)