PDA

View Full Version : Steam Friend Disappeared?

missmandi
05-11-2011, 07:32 AM
I have an odd question, and I'm new to the whole Steam thing.

I had a friend -- let's call her Jane -- on my list. Around 3 days ago, she vanished off my list. She is no longer sole administrator of a group, but there are now 3 new administrators. Her URL said no profile exists. She just simply upped and vanished.

I want to know if maybe she blocked me, or was she banned / delete her Steam? I can't imagine why she would delete her Steam, she had hundreds of dollars worth of games on there.

I'm concerned for her because she wasn't in the best of mental states due to family issues.

Thank you for your time.

Bibs
05-11-2011, 07:43 AM
She probably removed and/or blocked you.

missmandi
05-11-2011, 07:46 AM
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't 100% sure since people have removed me before (and I removed them), yet I could still see them in groups. :rolleyes:

Bibs
05-11-2011, 07:56 AM
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't 100% sure since people have removed me before (and I removed them), yet I could still see them in groups. :rolleyes:

Maybe she left the group?

TimL
05-11-2011, 07:58 AM
If someone blocks you you can still browse the profile of the user. She probably changed her community profile url and left the group.

missmandi
05-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Ah well, if she blocked me then it can't be helped. I was hoping that she was banned, because then it would mean she's okay. I'm a little worried about her, but it was her choice to block me.

Thank you for the help, everyone!

Neverman
05-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Ask the current administrators for her info from a new account.

Ninja your way into info about what happened.

Niji89
05-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Yep she probably removed you. Don't talk to girls on STEAM, arrogant and volatile :D. Sure you're friend is fine.

*EDIT just seen you're a woman, don't get volatile with me! :P

SteelBlade
05-12-2011, 09:35 PM
AND WHATS WRONG WITH WOMEN!

SEXIST!

richard.eid
05-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Is it possible the account was hijacked? Then whoever stole her account removed all friends, changed the name and URL for the profile and added two friends as administrators of the group?

Check those three administrators' profile pages and see if any of their game counts match your friend's. Also, if you ever paid attention, check the hours played in certain games if any of the game counts match. There's also a way to check the old fashioned Steam ID and if you've played any Valve or Steamworks games together and on a server you might have admin to, you can cross-match the Steam IDs.

Or she just blocked and/or removed you.