PDA

View Full Version : Modernwarfare 2 tweaks

NicholAs_
05-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey guys. I bought the game a couple of weeks ago and I actually find it pretty fun to play.

My only dislike is there being no console. That's fine and all but I would like to tweak my game ever so slightly aka fov (Close gun model makes for not very fun movement ^^)

Is there anyway to change fov and maybe a few other things? It's not cheating btw it's just that i came from quake and im pretty picky like that ;p

Genda1ph
05-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Activision/IW don't think so...

NicholAs_
05-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Activision/IW don't think so...

:(

Someone told me editing your cfg file in main might fix it although I'm hesitant to actually edit it as it states you might get banned because of it :<

donutdan4114
05-11-2011, 11:04 AM
You can edit your settings with MW2 Config Utility.
http://mw2config.com
It won't get you banned. If it isn't in the program, than you can't edit it.

NicholAs_
05-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Thank you so much donutdan <3 :)

thotaz
05-11-2011, 11:17 AM
If you want to change the fov you will need a third party program.

NicholAs_
05-11-2011, 11:21 AM
@thotaz Yeah the tool dan provided me (Which I have only realised he made himself cheers dan :P) doesn't include an option to manipulate the fov unfortunatly but there's plenty of options to tweak graphics etc which i also wanted so thank you dan <3

SR69MMJC
05-11-2011, 12:13 PM
It's not cheating btw it's just that i came from quake and im pretty picky like that ;p
Please.
PLEASE.
Go back to Quake.
The true and hard PC game.
Please stay away from the consolish noskill games full of kids thinking they are pro.

Da9L
05-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Please stay away from the consolish noskill games full of kids thinking they are pro.

.. which must mean you are one of them since you dont stay away?

WilliamL
05-11-2011, 01:35 PM
hey

I made a video here's how u change it alongs couple of other VERY usefull tweak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpdJAKcqKY

NicholAs_
05-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Please.
PLEASE.
Go back to Quake.
The true and hard PC game.

Haha nah I still play it alot more than any other game but I just decided to play this for fun.

I know what you mean btw about people thinking they're pro ^_^

Only thing I really need is fov change! Movement feels so sluggish and slow because of it ;p

NicholAs_
05-11-2011, 02:09 PM
hey

I made a video here's how u change it alongs couple of other VERY usefull tweak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpdJAKcqKY

Tried out what you said and it didn't work. I think iw have actually locked down certain command parametres in the game so you can never tweak them maxfps being the most noticable.

Suprised at how welcoming and helpful the mw2 community is so I thank you on my behalf :)

Milwaukee
05-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Tried out what you said and it didn't work. I think iw have actually locked down certain command parametres in the game so you can never tweak them maxfps being the most noticable.

Suprised at how welcoming and helpful the mw2 community is so I thank you on my behalf :)

You can edit your settings with MW2 Config Utility.
http://mw2config.com
It won't get you banned. If it isn't in the program, than you can't edit it.

That^

FPS and FOV are locked for MW2, unfortunately.

Word to the wise, use the profile back up tab. It will become your friend some day. These boards are filled with people who were rank hacked and can't do anything about it. So, use it or lose it.

But as far as the community goes you have a sugar coated thread on your hands. I am sure the trolls will appear soon.

NicholAs_
05-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Backed up thanks and let's hope this thread keeps troll free for at least today :P haha

NicholAs_
05-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Also requesting donutdan's MW2 Configuration Utility to be stickied. Could really help alot of people out who want to get the most out of their game not to mention the obvious config backing up tool that comes along with it.

aboveyou
05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
This new video he linked makes no sense at all.

You know what I am talking about if you look at the thread I recently posted about the config no longer even HAVING the commands he suggests in it... It used to have them - they didnt work - now they no longer even exist in the cfg file.

Further, what you claim to be "default" there is not, for example, default ping bars are not 4/40, they are 4/100.

Thanks for tryin tho, been hopin for useful tweaks to PERFORMANCE (mainly fps) lately - 91 is enough, but you just want that 250 that you knowwww your pc could do :P

NicholAs_
05-12-2011, 05:47 AM
This new video he linked makes no sense at all.

You know what I am talking about if you look at the thread I recently posted about the config no longer even HAVING the commands he suggests in it... It used to have them - they didnt work - now they no longer even exist in the cfg file.

Further, what you claim to be "default" there is not, for example, default ping bars are not 4/40, they are 4/100.

Thanks for tryin tho, been hopin for useful tweaks to PERFORMANCE (mainly fps) lately - 91 is enough, but you just want that 250 that you knowwww your pc could do :P

Certain things like enabling water (Which trust me can ♥♥♥♥ fps no matter how good your card is) have a huge impact in fps. Also enabling lagometre and customising your hud to a degree is an added bonus.

Most of the stuff he's provided tweaks the game so you gain better visibility and fps as a bonus.

Even something as simple as adding colour in your name (Which alot of newbies have no clue how to do) can simply change it through the utility.

You don't have to ♥♥♥♥ on his parade just because you're butthurt about not being able to get 250fps (Which btw I am too >.<)

{Unit731}k00zy
05-12-2011, 05:56 AM
That^

FPS and FOV are locked for MW2, unfortunately.

Word to the wise, use the profile back up tab. It will become your friend some day. These boards are filled with people who were rank hacked and can't do anything about it. So, use it or lose it.

But as far as the community goes you have a sugar coated thread on your hands. I am sure the trolls will appear soon.

Oh really? My FOV has been set to 90 for the past year and never had a problem with anything :) As for FPS...120, although im nowheres near getting that high lol

NicholAs_
05-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Oh really? My FOV has been set to 90 for the past year and never had a problem with anything :) As for FPS...120, although im nowheres near getting that high lol

Best be trollin or give me your secrets!!111 :D

thotaz
05-12-2011, 07:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs

FOO|YA
05-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Also requesting donutdan's MW2 Configuration Utility to be stickied. Could really help alot of people out who want to get the most out of their game not to mention the obvious config backing up tool that comes along with it.

Yeah... we have been trying to get it stickied for like a year and they won't do it.

NicholAs_
05-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Yeah... we have been trying to get it stickied for like a year and they won't do it.

Tried contacting any steam mods? :o

{Unit731}k00zy
05-12-2011, 04:55 PM
And did you also no that if you copy/paste your black ops config file into your Mw2 config folder, you can still play the game?

You can also paste your Mw2 config into Black Ops folder and Black Ops will run/look better? It will crash after a bit but it works. Dont no why people are saying settings are locked...