PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Moving Icons

Twelvefield
05-11-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm having difficulty with using click and drag to move things like the binders, the start stations and other icons around. At first (yesterday) it worked great. Today, not so much.

Sometimes, when I click and drag, I get the four-pronged "yes you can move this now" cursor. Sometimes I do not. Most times, the thing I am trying to move won't move, even with the four-pronged cursor.

The only time I can get things to move is if I completely restart the game and leave the STEAM overlay up, but even then sometimes the move randomly stops working. If I use SHIFT-ENTER to close the overlay, the move stops working.

The big difference between yesterday and today is that Windows 7 updated itself, that's all I can think of that may be causing my issue. That, or I am doing something wrong?

EDIT: I've since discovered that switching to Windowed Mode allows me to move the icons as per normal. I can also switch back to Fullscreen Mode, and it all seems to work again. I don't know if this helps or hinders, but if anybody else has this problem, there you go.

jgraypatt
05-14-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm having a similar problem, but I've noticed it seems to only occur when I use pre-saved reactors. For whatever reason all of the icons I had already placed in the game lock up whenever I use one of my pre-made reactors. I can delete and place icons but not move them.

Twelvefield
05-16-2011, 02:36 AM
I have good news! I e-mailed Zachtronics, and Zach told me to disable the STEAM overlay in the game. That seemed to do the trick, as there is no easy keyboard shortcut to switch from full-screen to windowed and back.

If you don't know how to do this, right click on the SpaceChem entry in your game Library and click on PROPERTIES. Under the GENERAL tab, there should be a checkbox that says "Enable Steam Community" or something like that. Uncheck the box to disable the STEAM overlay, and that should fix it, I think. At least it seemed to repair my game, which is now working as advertised. I hope this helps!

sarcacid
05-19-2011, 03:57 AM
You can also just tap the Shift key a couple of times until dragging works again.