PDA

View Full Version : Arma 3

rgrayhek
05-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I like to start a thread concerning will there be a Arma 3. If you play this series of Arma lets support the game and give Bohemia a reason to not abandoned this great game. Also post what you would like to see in next installment.:D

i'm Batman
05-12-2011, 11:59 AM
They should, and if they would just make the squad commands easier to learn and use... that would be the only improvement. OH, and put more civilians in there. I feel like i'm playing delta force 2 sometimes dang nabbit.

Maybe change the setting to a more urban area with skyscrapers and the surrounding suburbs ... that would be very nice. Maybe NATO vs North korea or china... if thats not to controversial. They always seem to make there settings based on whats appening in the real world. Maybe they will make a lybian Arma 3... getting tired of desert though.

phated1
05-14-2011, 12:03 AM
They should, and if they would just make the squad commands easier to learn and use... that would be the only improvement. OH, and put more civilians in there. I feel like i'm playing delta force 2 sometimes dang nabbit.

Maybe change the setting to a more urban area with skyscrapers and the surrounding suburbs ... that would be very nice. Maybe NATO vs North korea or china... if thats not to controversial. They always seem to make there settings based on whats appening in the real world. Maybe they will make a lybian Arma 3... getting tired of desert though.

You have to realize a very important detail: Money. Bohemia is basically broke as far as developers go. Thats why Arma 2 is still so buggy. Its unlikely that Arma 3 will be any more streamlined or less buggy. What is certain is that Bohemia always trys for its lofty goals and consistently makes epic games.

The second thing is performance. How many textures do you think your computer has to load in a desert? Not that many. How many do you think it would need to load in a city? A lot. An urban setting (while cool) would be impossible to build on the scale of Arma maps and expect any computer to be able to load or run it.

Dwarden
05-14-2011, 06:56 AM
excuse me broke?

our serious games division BI Simulations http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/simulations
is thriving for in military and civilian area (first response training, fireman brigades, universities etc.)
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/technology/02gameside.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=bohemia%20interactive&st=Search

our gaming division is constantly expanding http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/profile
and our multiple studios (4+) are working on several new titles
from known ones as upcoming are Take On Helicopters, Carrier Command : Gaea Mission
and there are some not yet announced projects behind the scene

we have professional services http://pro.bistudio.com/
which are used for visualization, audio recording/mastering, 3Dscanning/motion capture by film making companies companies, ads creators and game authors and such

we even have publishing and translation division for local markets which is used e.g. by French Cryo and several other publishers ...

and then of-course we are still supporting our older titles like You can see with public betas of upcoming 1.10 ARMA 2 and 1.60 ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead (which btw. in case of OA fixing texture loading performance issues :)

maturin
05-14-2011, 09:22 AM
And last reported games revenue was $6 million, while simulation revenue was $7 million. That seems like enough to sustain a studio of barely a hundred people.

Dwarden
05-14-2011, 01:47 PM
And last reported games revenue was $6 million, while simulation revenue was $7 million. That seems like enough to sustain a studio of barely a hundred people.

look at the date related to the numbers and also the amount of people is off (prior the other studios joint)

gossamer
05-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Yeah BIS used to be very small back in the days of OFP, but they're a pretty big company now with some good guys on the dev team.

ArmA 2 has bugs in it because of the complexity of the game, not due to "lack of money". Just be happy that they are actually still supporting a game 2 years after release :)

Jedra
05-15-2011, 09:08 AM
I tell you what, give me a game like the Arma series with a few bugs with massive community and developer support over some of the more mainstream titles any day.

To be honest, given the community mods that are available for Arma2, it almost makes an Arma3 unnecessary!

wooki
05-16-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm not too eager for ArmA3 yet. This one is still alive and kicking and the patching is bringing it up to its full potential.
Yup, lost in mod-heaven and replaying different campaigns (both official and fanmade) over and over again.
Also very much afraid that if arma was made into your standard franchise it would loose a lot of its complexity in favor of ease-of-access for newcomers. Quite happy with arma being a niche game. Pure milsim-gaming :)

JKflipflop
05-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Some things need fixed like the totally artarded pathfinding and driving systems. Basically a bug-free, lag-free version of ARMA2 with a graphics upgrade. That's what A3 needs to be.

cotabucky
05-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Thankyou entire Bohemia team :) You have made my gaming experience on a higher level.There is no game out there that can compare to all ARMA2/OFP is and what you have made it into over the years.Ive always loved what you guys have done since OFP and it amazes me everything that you have improved and perfected.

I hope you continue to do what you do and if you do bring out arma3 someday(or whatever its called) I could only recommend an easier editor in some ways. I love it as is but it is difficult at times but at least its limitless(well nearly).

You have to continue to do what youve been doing.ARMA3 has to be a refined ARMA2 just like you guys have done since day one. You are the best :)

cotabucky
05-16-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm not too eager for ArmA3 yet. This one is still alive and kicking and the patching is bringing it up to its full potential.
Yup, lost in mod-heaven and replaying different campaigns (both official and fanmade) over and over again.
Also very much afraid that if arma was made into your standard franchise it would loose a lot of its complexity in favor of ease-of-access for newcomers. Quite happy with arma being a niche game. Pure milsim-gaming :)

+1 Very true. Bring on DLC I will pay and support Bohemia.Bring us more editor stuff. How about an official Bohemia ZOMBIE MOD???!!! That would be kick ♥♥♥ on every level ;)

b00tsy
05-18-2011, 04:11 AM

IMO the large range of command options is one of the reason liked ArmA. And it is really not hard to use, you just have to remember (or write down) the command buttons. I find the keyboard controls logical and intuitive.

Urban combat type of maps would be nice indeed. One problem though, all those buildings will make it a lagfest. Unless of course BIS comes up with a way to make it less cpu/gpu demanding. Otherwise it will remain an elitisch game only playable for the few with heavy duty gaming PC's.

My hope for ArmA3 is that they optimize it and make it less hardware demanding or add graphic options like the game Stalker has, where you can enable oldskool lighting environment system which greatly improves fps on lighter Gcards. I also hope they will keep working on the editor and make it more easy to use without having to learn a script language first(FarCry editor).

But in the end, even I can barely run the game I will still buy it. BIS is one of the few companies I will be happy to support.

wooki
05-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Some things need fixed like the totally artarded pathfinding and driving systems. Basically a bug-free, lag-free version of ARMA2 with a graphics upgrade. That's what A3 needs to be.

Try the zeus ai-mod with gl 4 efx-mod and/or warfx :)

mcilrain
05-18-2011, 07:30 AM
I'd like to see more VBS features in ArmA2 (or perhaps ArmA3), I know render-to-texture is in the works, but things like the AAR, PhysX-powered physics (for ropes that aren't erect) would be really nice.

Jedra
05-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Just about the only improvements I would want would be the ability to;

1. Load mods in a set order.
2. Add/Remove mods on the fly in-game.
3. Exposure to more APIs from script (and better documentation of the APIs).
4. Perhaps some work on the engine to tighten up the net-code.

rgrayhek
06-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I would like to see a interface app in game then click what item you want download and install all in one click One for guns vehicles islands etc that will go fetch the mods and place into arma 3 that would be awesome.. Too many people with problem getting mods to work this has to be easy for everyone. When people make mods from community have a check system in editor to find there bugs or errors before releasing to public so when played in game they work!!! And the most would be graphics why realism... DX11 please add sounds like ace that sounds so authentic if you were shooting or getting shot by one of these weapons you probally be crapping your pants. Thanks Dwarden for making arma 3

cotabucky
06-11-2011, 07:37 PM
I would like to see a interface app in game then click what item you want download and install all in one click One for guns vehicles islands etc that will go fetch the mods and place into arma 3 that would be awesome.. Too many people with problem getting mods to work this has to be easy for everyone. When people make mods from community have a check system in editor to find there bugs or errors before releasing to public so when played in game they work!!! And the most would be graphics why realism... DX11 please add sounds like ace that sounds so authentic if you were shooting or getting shot by one of these weapons you probally be crapping your pants. Thanks Dwarden for making arma 3
Umm,Sixupdater my friend :) .I feel they do an excellent job except they don't have all mods but whatever I am happy as hell .

rgrayhek
06-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I use sixupdater already thanks thou i was speaking of something built into the game itself. But sixupdater is a good program but gets confused between retail arma 2 and steam arrowhead. I just wish it would find arma 2 in program files and steam is in program x86 steamapps/common folder.

SeedOfEvil
06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Only improvements looking forthward for ARMA 3:
- Improve performance, and multicore use.(hate to see the 32% use of a Quad)
- Improve netcoding(Teleporting units).
- Improve AI CPU use.

That would be pretty much it, anything else would be bonus.

Toto pectore
06-13-2011, 12:15 PM
First look at Arma 3 (http://games.tiscali.cz/prvni-dojmy/arma-3-prvni-dojmy-z-ceske-vojenske-akce-56081) (it's in Czech language - use google translate)

cotabucky
06-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Holy ♥♥♥♥!!! did you see that explosion realism?If thats in game(looks like it) I am speachless(except what I just said) :)

rgrayhek
06-13-2011, 02:22 PM
All you haved to do if using internet explorer 9 is right click on web page and you should see translate with bing thats it and you will see english. enjoy

ffluffybunny
06-15-2011, 03:02 AM
ArmA 2 has bugs in it because of the complexity of the game, not due to "lack of money". Just be happy that they are actually still supporting a game 2 years after release :)

Not that long ago they were still patching ArmA. And even OFP, weren't they ?

While their products aren't bug-free (but then software never is), I firmly believe they are a model the whole industry ought to emulate :

Item :
They try to innovate, even if it means creating a niche (instead of playing it safe with the Xth shooter that's absolutely identical to al the others)

Item :
They actually care about their users, they have active forums, they don't just purge annoying threads, they address problems, they have an editor that works, they support their stuff for ages.

Item :
They are the only ones (with the possible exception of Valve, although it's not true to such an extent) where users actually complement their stuff with even more awesome (and incredibly polished, for such a small-ish community of a few hundred thousand creators) stuff.

I was more or less born with usable computers, in the mid-sixties. I've grown and worked (and played) with them all my life.
I recently found all my original Operation Flashpoint boxes, with the extensions for playing it from the other side, and then sideways and whatnot. I threw the other games in the bin and stored those on a shelf (if only so that when "Operation Flashpoint XXII: Poop on Your Head" comes out, I can grab my nurse and explain to her what OFP really was about).

Nowadays, I just buy anything from BIS. I typically still don't have time to finish most campaigns (I compensate by replaying some of the nice standalone missions a few times - and you should make more of those, lazy gamers like me wouldn't have to hunt for more) but it doesn't matter.

They are an awesome company. If they published a VRML Czech word processor, I'd still buy it. And I'm sure there are many like me.

Also, Dwarden, pass my (our) thanks to the people back at the office. Back then they made a really fun (if atypical) game (for a change), and they kept making it, only better.

Let them know that as long as they care about us, we'll care about them. It's true that we'd like it to be perfect, but just good is still fine ;)

And with that, I hope I won't have to upgrade my box for Arma3. I've got to upgrade my camera and buy some glass already and I'm out of organs to sell.

rgrayhek
06-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks for sharing with us your thoughts ffluffybunny aprreciated!!!

cotabucky
06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
+1 ffluffybunny