PDA

View Full Version : coop_zombie map

mama0
05-14-2011, 01:21 AM
Well map is already released but i dindt put download link,so i decide to put download link here now ,so othere people get the map.

its a very simple night,fog,coop map.

DOWNLOAD LINK:= http://www.wupload.com/file/549822

OWN3Dm4a1
05-15-2011, 03:28 AM
awesome map! :)

mama0
05-15-2011, 03:49 AM
Thanks for liking and playing it.

05-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Rehan,
Nice map, i like the sound, dynamic clouds/fog, and special effects "spinning sprites" and changing the alpha on the zombies,have you run net_graph 1 to check fps?
iam getting between 10-14 fps on most of the map.maybe a path or hallways to force players
to keep to a certain area so there are not so many zombies spawned at once
or "kill" entity ("monster_maker") after a area trigger.get the fps up and it will be a hit with th l4d fans.

mama0
05-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Well this is a testing map for me,
i know the fps getting very low,bcz of too many zombie spawn,and ragdoll not disappear,i even put node path for zombie so they view it near to them to walk easily.

the only way to get good fps is making a different kinds of rooms and put npc and add areaportal so it can cover the room where you walking and it helps alot to your fps.

most open maps give low fps bcz of creativity with different wall size,or mapper work too much on it and dindt used func_detail,func_brush wich cause low fps.

well i am one of them and still trying to fixing those things,so player dont get problem while playing,that is why i am using areaportel.bcz of that it can take too much time to compile maps,depend on mapper how many time he used areaportal.

Thanks for playing and pointing out those things.

check my 2nd last coop map wich have half-life textures on it and you will know it what i am talking about.