PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler warning: How do I "throw" a barrel at the boss?

netnerd85
05-14-2011, 09:23 AM
[Edit]
Well... I figured it out. You use the water power "x" to left up the barrel then press "v" to chuck it while still holding the right mouse button.

DJ Cryotek
05-14-2011, 09:29 AM
The TITLE is a spoiler :p

netnerd85
05-14-2011, 09:32 AM
The game tells you what to do? :confused:

Like a game that takes 4 hours to beat has spoilers... just disappointments :D

Saijin_Naib
05-14-2011, 09:54 AM
I never threw it. I just moved the water column with the barrels in it right up against SARA and exploded them there.

pat_supreme
05-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Since this thread already is a spoiler due the headline...

I hate the boss fight... I hate the spawn points of the soldiers that come out behind you when Sara goes in for repairs, need more checkpoints I am so sick of this now :( :( :(

Before this damn boss fight I tbink the game is great.
I am bit frustrated now, maybe cos I am tired and the clock is too much LOL

Bear Cat
05-21-2011, 04:36 PM
I found it was easily to do that fight from one of the sides. Don't have to worry about the target being too far for your electric rounds, and for some reason getting the needed height to throw the barrel seemed easier from the sides then the middle.

And yeah, the respawning guards are annoying, but not as annoying as the Plaza area. I once had groups of four or five enemies coming up those stairs at a time...and I was on easy! :mad:

MR.sugar
05-22-2011, 06:34 AM
The only part of the game I HATE. The Water Power's controls are terrible.

netnerd85
05-22-2011, 11:09 AM
The only part of the game I HATE. The Water Power's controls are terrible.

I wouldn't say they are terrible, it's just that there was not enough time to get use to them. With these types of powers in games it takes a lot of time to get use to them. The level designers really failed by not giving you enough time to play with the powers before you face the boss.

Tinctorius
05-22-2011, 12:51 PM
The only part of the game I HATE. The Water Power's controls are terrible.You didn't hate that part where they totally ripped off Half-Life 2 and made you move floating barrels into a container using atrocious underwater swimming controls?

meimeiriver
05-24-2011, 09:26 AM
You didn't hate that part where they totally ripped off Half-Life 2 and made you move floating barrels into a container using atrocious underwater swimming controls?

No, I didn't hate that part. :)

And saying Hydrophobia ripped the idea off of Half-Life, is like saying VALVe took the idea from Donald Duck. I mean, putting barrels under something is as old as there have been comic books.

Besides, in Half-Life 2 it was done to adjust the slope for your launch -- something entirely different.

Austin007
05-27-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm having a hard time beating the boss. It glitched once too, the areas to fire energy rounds at were facing the wrong way and no matter where I went I couldn't get her turned around.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541769604638092552/737C01DD63DCCCFCCCEF7A1F0B7BD294670343A8/