PDA

View Full Version : Custom Co-Op Course Script?

GrownupLawolf
05-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Hello,
if anyone from Valve reads this, that'd be great.
So, I'm currently working on a custom Co-Op course. However, it seems like the Portal 2 Co-Op has been designed to be as little modding friendly as anyhow possible.
I can't seem to get the level transitions working, because, of course, there's no mention of my course in the already written scripts. Also, the test chamber signs only say "Branch 1" and "NONE".
Is there ANY possibility to make this a tiny little bit more modding friendly?

MyClam--
05-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Hello,
if anyone from Valve reads this, that'd be great.
So, I'm currently working on a custom Co-Op course. However, it seems like the Portal 2 Co-Op has been designed to be as little modding friendly as anyhow possible.
I can't seem to get the level transitions working, because, of course, there's no mention of my course in the already written scripts. Also, the test chamber signs only say "Branch 1" and "NONE".
Is there ANY possibility to make this a tiny little bit more modding friendly?

if it's anything like L4D2, transitions will be done in the VPK with a txt file. which was a very simple way of doing it

maddios
05-15-2011, 11:29 AM
if it's anything like L4D2, transitions will be done in the VPK with a txt file. which was a very simple way of doing it

Don't keep it to yourself. :p

MyClam--
05-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Don't keep it to yourself. :p

i haven't done it myself in portal 2, only in l4d2

peteraddy96
04-13-2013, 07:59 AM
There is a simpler way around this without using scripts at least for level transitions. Go into the exit room instances and save them all as a slightly different name such as [instance name]_ plus your name. Then in each one in the area behind the room with all the logic type enities place a point_server_command and call it @command(be sure to put the @, it allows you to give it inputs even if you are outside of the instance or in a different instance). Then in a separate map create a logic relay and call it something like @transition_control and prefab it so it's easier to insert. In the instance find all the entities that give "transition_script" an input of [Ontrigger,transition_script,RunScriptCode,Transiti onFromMap()] and change those outputs to [Ontrigger,@transition_control,trigger,,]. Then save it and when you build a map use the new exit rooms and always insert that prefab logic_relay,@transition_control, and add an output of
[Ontrigger,@command,command,changelevel {map name}]. You can also use the point_server_command for any other console command. I still don't know how to do the custom signs I am still working on that.