PDA

View Full Version : Portal 2 PS3 feature suggestion

TheSonicWarrior
05-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Right on PS3 you cannot use a usb keyboard to talk to your co op partner. This is a bit of a problem. Say you don't have a mic and your partner is on pc and isnt on your friends list. How are you going to talk to him? This is why a feature added in an update adding usb keyboard support would be a good idea. I played with my friend on pc and i could see his text chat fine ingame why can i not reply back? Again just a suggestion would be nice but im getting a mic in 5 days anyway so it wont matter much.

Stoogefrenzy3k
05-15-2011, 03:35 PM
This is exactly a problem. I have made a topic on this. On PC to PS3, they can view the chat, but there is no way to use Keyboard chat from PS3 to PC. USB keyboards do work on PS3, but for some reason they did not implement this feature during co-op game-play. It'll be nice.

alexbulluk
05-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I was going to post this myself.

I'd really like to be able to text chat. I know using a mic is better, but I have a USB keyboard and I don't really feel like paying 20 for a mic that I don't really want.

Tempest_Wales
05-15-2011, 04:43 PM
select to access steam overlay
select from steam friends
triangle for more options
open chat
type with onscreen keyboard. send

From another thread. But USB keyboards should be supported. Doesn't help you if they are pubbers though.

dk3dknight
05-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Im not sure why they didn't do that either.

I would also think it would be a great idea to in the options,
have coop partner screen and crouch be allowed to be toggle.

If im far from my partner its just much easier to be able to hit the show partners view instead of holding it down, its not a biggie just think it would be nice.

Jack Pipsam
06-17-2011, 07:55 AM
If they added it in, no doubt it would also get added to the 360 version.