PDA

View Full Version : In-game Keyboard controls

Seth.Sekhmet
05-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi,

...I just got the game and I can't manage to change the camera perspective. In the settings menu there are 4 available presets, but while in-game I always get a top-down perspective.

I've also tried finding a "camera key" but only managed to crash the game once I pressed F5 or F6.

Also, is there any way to disabled the lock-in camera view on the ship ?

Any kind of help greatly appreciated !

xX_Renegade_Xx
05-20-2011, 02:51 PM
You should have an option in your profile settings, the old-school setting is the one you want I think.

flava_clown
05-20-2011, 03:48 PM
I've also tried finding a "camera key" but only managed to crash the game once I pressed F5 or F6.

F5 is bound to a command which doesn't seem to exist and F6 is the quicksave key, which should work.

are you sure it was one of those keys and not maybe F10 (will quit the game in an instant)?

F1 "help" doesn't work / unknown command
F2 "menu_save" doesn't work / unknown command
F3 "menu_load" doesn't work / unknown command
F4 "toggle cl_capturevideo" doesn't work / unknown command
F5 "menu_multiplayer" doesn't work / unknown command
F6 "quicksave" works
F9 "quickload" works
F10 "quit" works
F11 "zoom_in" doesn't work / unknown command
F12 "screenshot" works (at least if the steam screenshot function is set to this key)

daemon_kia
05-25-2011, 09:25 AM
F1 "help" doesn't work / unknown command
F2 "menu_save" doesn't work / unknown command
F3 "menu_load" doesn't work / unknown command
F4 "toggle cl_capturevideo" doesn't work / unknown command
F5 "menu_multiplayer" doesn't work / unknown command
F6 "quicksave" works
F9 "quickload" works
F10 "quit" works
F11 "zoom_in" doesn't work / unknown command
F12 "screenshot" works (at least if the steam screenshot function is set to this key)

F12 is the only key that is supported currently. (it actually saves a screenshot in your user dir and a steam screenshot if that is bound to F12)

If any of those old keys are still bound you should delete your config.cfg located in your user/games/steelstorm/gamedata/ directory and/or in your gamedir/steelstorm/gamedata/ dir. (your system settings will be reset)

If the issue persists, delete your _profile.cfg located in your user/games/steelstorm/gamedata/data/profiles/ dir. This will not erase your progress, but you will need to set up your controls again.
(NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH: _profile.profile)

Note that F4 in some configs may toggle video capture. Using this is not recommended for non-advanced users and the bind will no longer be set in the upcoming patch. It is recommended that players repeat the previous steps after patching to ensure this bind is removed and does not interfere with gameplay.

If you've pressed F4 and initiated video capture you may want to delete your user/games/steelstorm/gamedata/video directory.

flava_clown
05-25-2011, 11:35 AM
F12 is the only key that is supported currently. (it actually saves a screenshot in your user dir and a steam screenshot if that is bound to F12)

thanks, BTALordHavoc pointed that out already in this thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901150).

i had indeed the free episode 1 installed and actualy used RevoUninstaller to uninstall it before i installed the steam version, but it seems that the config files were left in place, so that i ended up with an "outdated" config file, which led to some missunderstandings and the like...

i've checked also some of the .pk3 files and found several different versions of the default.cfg, though the version which should be used by the game (because of the naming) have F10 = quit and F12 = screenshot... ;)

daemon_kia
05-26-2011, 10:19 AM
If F10 is not removed from default.cfg, it will be in the patch.

Note: We don't discourage players from using commands like the video record command if they wish to create videos and such (it's simply commented out in config.cfg), but we decided it's better to not have people initiating it by accident and not realize what's going on.

zratchet
05-26-2011, 09:06 PM
If F10 is not removed from default.cfg, it will be in the patch.

Note: We don't discourage players from using commands like the video record command if they wish to create videos and such (it's simply commented out in config.cfg), but we decided it's better to not have people initiating it by accident and not realize what's going on.

Don't want people filling up their hard drive and blaming us :eek: